• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why didn't Zaza get any pt in the 3/4th?

capstone21

• Admin

Woody has to play this guy. He was playing tough and dirty and getting all the offensive rebounds.

Why did he sit?

Why did Murry get so much pt in the 4th since he was not playing well?

I think it would have been a differnet story if Woody understood the matchups.

Good game by Evans, Zaza and Bibby.

Like i said before the season Flip needs a short leash and it really showed tonight. The Raps went on a 12-0 run in the second half when he came in. He was 0-5 with 2 turnovers in 10 minutes.

Late in the game the Hawks needed to score so you really couldn't put Zaza in because... he can't score. He is 3-16 from the field over his last 5 games.

• Admin
Like i said before the season Flip needs a short leash and it really showed tonight. The Raps went on a 12-0 run in the second half when he came in. He was 0-5 with 2 turnovers in 10 minutes.

Late in the game the Hawks needed to score so you really couldn't put Zaza in because... he can't score. He is 3-16 from the field over his last 5 games.

Yes but he was getting a lot of second chance points for the rest of the guys who could score. He was probably the main reason we were in the game in the second quarter.

Gutty Effort Falls Short in Toronto, 93-88

Posted by: Micah Hart on November 28, 2008 at 9:51PM EST

Atlanta Hawks (9-6) at Toronto Raptors (8-7)

November 28, 2008

Score by Quarters (Half)

ATL - 21/29 (50) - 15/23 (38) -- 88

Tor - 24/22 (46) - 23/24 (47) -- 93

Leading Scorers

ATL - Bibby 24

Tor – Bosh 30

Leading Rebounders

ATL (44) - Pachulia 17

Tor (41) – Bosh 10

Leading Assists

ATL (23) – Johnson 7

Tor (26) – Calderon 11

-- The Hawks fought back time and again, only to come up short in the end, 93-88 at Air Canada Centre in Toronto on Friday.

-- Atlanta hit just 7-21 FGs in the first, but trailed by just three (24-21) at the close of the period ... Down as many as 12 (35-23) in the second, the Hawks stormed back to take a four-point halftime lead (50-46) ... Bibby had 15 in the half, while the Hawks made 6-13 from downtown ... But Toronto came back to take a 69-65 advantage after three, as Bosh had 15 in the third period ... Toronto extended the lead to 10 in the fourth quarter, but Atlanta again rallied to within three at 91-88, but couldn't get over the hump.

-- Milke Bibby put in 24 points on 9-14 FGs (4-7 from downtown), while Joe Johnson added 18, Mo Evans scored 17 and Al Horford and Marvin Williams had 10 apiece.

-- Zaza Pachulia corraled 17 rebounds in 23 minutes of action, including eight on the offensive glass.

-- The Hawks finish the back-to-back set in Washington DC tomorrow night against the Wizards (7 p.m., SportSouth, 790 The Zone).

I agree.

Flip is the new Salim, and Woody did right by keeping ZaZa out of the game when we needed some offense in the 4th. Flip is more explosive offensively, because he will go to the hole, but he's more turnover prone that Salim ever was. Zaza shooting 32% FG as a center is a straight up travesty.

I agree.

Flip is the new Salim, and Woody did right by keeping ZaZa out of the game when we needed some offense in the 4th. Flip is more explosive offensively, because he will go to the hole, but he's more turnover prone that Salim ever was. Zaza shooting 32% FG as a center is a straight up travesty.

Salim? more like Lue,in regards to the way Woody treats him with the 100 mile long leash even though he's no good. I wish he would treat him like Salim and keep him on the bench.

I agree.

I dont agree. You cant win without rebounding. Zaza had 8 offensive rebounds. Thats why we were in the game in the 1st half shooting 30+ percent from the floor. Its like having Rodman on the team. Any scoring from Zaza is a bonus. I just wanted the boards and the presence in the middle.

We fell behind after we couldnt control the boards(second half). Flip is either hot or not. When he is hot i understand keeping him in, but in a close game why would you leave a turnover prone shooting guard on the court when he already have JJ on the floor.

Woodys makes the worst subs. its like he doesnt understand the game and whats going on at the time.

I dont agree. You cant win without rebounding. Zaza had 8 offensive rebounds. Thats why we were in the game in the 1st half shooting 30+ percent from the floor. Its like having Rodman on the team. Any scoring from Zaza is a bonus. I just wanted the boards and the presence in the middle.

We fell behind after we couldnt control the boards(second half). Flip is either hot or not. When he is hot i understand keeping him in, but in a close game why would you leave a turnover prone shooting guard on the court when he already have JJ on the floor.

Woodys makes the worst subs. its like he doesnt understand the game and whats going on at the time.

Zaza went out of the game at his usual time in the 3rd. We fell behind because Kapono and Graham started making shots at the end of the 3rd, beginning of the 4th. Once we got down by 10, the Hawks had to shift into offensive mode. Woody went with a group that has been doing it all year since Smoove went down ( Bibby, Evans, JJ, Marvin, Horford ).

Of that 5, who do you take out to put Zaza in?

Especially considering the fact that the big run we made to close the 1st half and take the lead, came when Zaza was out of the game, and this group was on the floor ( Bibby, Evans, JJ, Marvin, and Solo ). We were down 8 in the first half, with a little under 5 minutes to go in the half. Zaza goes out, Solo comes in, and we promptly go on a 19 - 7 run to lead by 4 at halftime. Solo actually had all of his 6 points in that stretch.

Zaza's rebounding in the first half kept us from getting blown out, but it didn't get us back into the game. We were getting 2nd shots, but not converting off of them anyway. The offensive group Woody went with to close the 1st half, got us back into that game, and briefly got us the lead. Of course, Woody won't get any credit for that grouping.

If anything, complain about Woody not possibly going with Solo, instead of Zaza. But even with that, you're not going to opt to put Solo in over Horford.