Bibby Has Been Outstanding

JackB1

Bibby had probably his best game as a Hawk tonite...20 pts and 10 assists.

He has been MUCH more consistent so far compared to last year and if he could keep up this pace it would be great for the Hawks.

I am just wondering why there hasn't been more talk about how well Bibby has been shooting lately and when him and Joe are on, they are a one/two backcourt like no other in the NBA.

I am just wondering why there hasn't been more talk about how well Bibby has been shooting lately and when him and Joe are on, they are a one/two backcourt like no other in the NBA.

For some reason Bibby just gets put into the category of players most on the board do not like. Similar to Zaza and Marvin in years past. When they do bad, people will bash unmercilessly. When they do good, people don't mention it. Their role on the team becomes downgraded, people get into their fantasy world and start trading them away in dreams...

Honestly, I don't know what it is. It just seems like the overall opinion of the board is against Bibby doesn't it?

His absolutely cold nights have really gone away and he's become extremely consistent. I think it's the fact that his index and thumb aren't taped together this season and he's healthy. Bibby is as responsible for our good play this season as anyone. When JJ has had off nights, Bibby has still hit big shots.

Atlas this is off-topic, but why does your signature have a part in it where it says "TMAC_FOR_MVP"? That has been bugging me for a while not know if its a typo/misprint or if those are your actual thoughts on MVP.

For some reason Bibby just gets put into the category of players most on the board do not like. Similar to Zaza and Marvin in years past. When they do bad, people will bash unmercilessly. When they do good, people don't mention it

thats exactly what it is. ppl on this board are against him 4 whatever reason. but anyway, Bibby has been playing well this year..had 20 points and 10 assist tonite..he was big for us once again.

After Harris and Vince, I think Hawks have the 2nd best backcourt in the conference! I mean u can argue Rondo and Ray Allen but I like JJ over Ray Allen and i think Rondo is only a tad bit better than Bibby right now. Then u got the Pistons but AI and Hamilton are both having a down yr if you've been watching them play at all..so we got something to be happy about

Edited by r3drumNYNJ

To the original poster, someone just made a darn topic about Bibby's consistency and value the last time we played. Bibby has been very consistent lately, which is something we just aren't used to. Problem is, he has been inconsistent throughout the bulk of his career. He seems to be 100% healthy and playing off of his teammates this year--let's hope he keeps it up.

People aren't against Bibby.

Bibby's just "the new guy."

If you've been on this board for a number of years Bibby is just a drop in your bucket. Bibby's a little older too. Keep that in mind. We've been beaten over the head with words like "young" and "rebuilding" for years and Bibby is in the twilight of his career.

Don't read too much into it but Bibby won't ever be a hot topic on the Squawk like Joe, Marvin, or Smoove until the day he's traded.

Edited by gsuteke

Bib did seem to be impressive this game but the Washington game was the one I was most thoroughly impressed with. Driving and finishing strong in the hole, facilitating the ball consistently.

It's going to take more than a week worth of very good games to get everyone on board with him. I'm sure he is and determined for a last semi big contract.

• Premium Member
Bib did seem to be impressive this game but the Washington game was the one I was most thoroughly impressed with. Driving and finishing strong in the hole, facilitating the ball consistently.

It's going to take more than a week worth of very good games to get everyone on board with him. I'm sure he is and determined for a last semi big contract.

Bibby has been playing well for more than just a week's worth of games. This is what some of us were talking about when we said we looked forward to starting the season with a healthy Bibby on the roster. He's playing well and looking like the player we saw back in Sacramento, and that's a very good thing. I know he isn't a lockdown defender and he will have problems with some of the quicker guards in the league, but I feel the pluses far outway the negatives when it comes to what Bibby brings to this team. Us being the top 3pt shooting team in the league has a LOT to do with his play. The more he plays with this team, the more I can say that he is a GREAT fit here. The guy is simply the BEST PG we've had in almost a decade.

• Premium Member

Your question can only be met by the truth. Our fanbase is so used to losing that we can't comprehend winning. We expect to trade Bibby during the season because we can't see keeping him. It's going to take a while for us to get past our losing outlook.

• Premium Member
Your question can only be met by the truth. Our fanbase is so used to losing that we can't comprehend winning. We expect to trade Bibby during the season because we can't see keeping him. It's going to take a while for us to get past our losing outlook.

Now that is the pure, unadulterated TRUTH. I've noticed that too. The board almost seems "uncomfortable" with winning or success of any kind. Everything gets picked apart to the point that even a win is almost unenjoyable to some here. Well, I say it's time to snap out of it. Our starting five is good. Our bench is good. Our team is good. I see no reason why that has to change this season other than complete incompetence from the front office, and I can't fathom them doing anything to jeopardize the success of this team. I say we enjoy this team while we can and stop sweating the details.

Bibby's game is completely dependent on his shot and so far his shot has been money. he is 6th in the NBA in 3s made and of the guys who have made more 3s only one guy has a better percentage than Bibby.

His shot is certainly a big part of his game but his game is not COMPLETELY dependent on his shot. He made some big plays in last night's game as a playmaker by creating for his teammates down the stretch. He hit, Zaza, Al and JJ with PERFECT passes after driving to the hoop and got them easy wide open shots.

He also served as a calming influence last night after Flip, Acie, Mo, Solo and Smoove (I know it was his first game in a while but a couple of the shots he took/TOs he made were ridiculous under the circumstances) all made boneheaded decisions/plays in the late 3rd/early 4th quarters to let MEM back in the game. Bibby's shooting/playmaking saved us last night. For a while there, we couldn't get anything going unless he was involved.

• Premium Member
His shot is certainly a big part of his game but his game is not COMPLETELY dependent on his shot. He made some big plays in last night's game as a playmaker by creating for his teammates down the stretch. He hit, Zaza, Al and JJ with PERFECT passes after driving to the hoop and got them easy wide open shots.

He also served as a calming influence last night after Flip, Acie, Mo, Solo and Smoove (I know it was his first game in a while but a couple of the shots he took/TOs he made were ridiculous under the circumstances) all made boneheaded decisions/plays in the late 3rd/early 4th quarters to let MEM back in the game. Bibby's shooting/playmaking saved us last night. For a while there, we couldn't get anything going unless he was involved.

Exactly. in the previous game, Bibby was driving to the hoop and made crucial plays down the stretch. The guy is getting back to the form he had back in Sacramento.

• Premium Member

The truth is that Bibby's game is dependent on who is around him. I wish I can say that Bibby makes those around him better, but the truth is good players around him makes Bibby a better PG. His ability to shoot the three hasn't changed much. He still puts them up and they still go in. He makes our offense dangerous that way. However, he is a much better PG when he has more weapons at his disposal. He won't make Horf better, but as Horf gets better, Bibby will look better.

• Premium Member
Speaking of Horford he and every other player on this team outside of Joe Johnson look awkward - almost silly as they try to work 1 on 1 in the post.

Al's "fadeaway" almost looks like a prayer

It would benefit Al and Smoove and Solo and young Vlade if the Hawks went out and paid some big man (who has the skill) to teach these young guys about Post offense. Off the top of my head, I would say:

Shareef Abdur Rahim

Moses Malone

Steve Mix

Charles Barkley

Grant Long

Horace Grant

I wonder how much problem it would cause if Barkley spent the summer working out with our young bigs. I think they could learn a lot from Barkley. I mean, he knows alot about offense. I think Grant Long could teach a lot about position and work ethic. So could Horace Grant.