• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs. Knicks- low fi version

frosgrim

Just to get us talking about the game tonight.

Team stats

Hawks

PPG

Offense 98.7 (14th)

Defense 97 (13th)

Knicks

Offense 104.5 (3rd)

Defense 109 (29th)

Hawks starters (ppg/reb/ast)

Bibby 16.2/2.9/4.8

JJ 22.9/4.6/5.3

MW 14.3/6.1/2

Smith 12.4/7.6/2.0

Horf 11.1/8.1/2.8

Knicks starters

Duhon 11.3/3.5/8.2

Richardson 11.5/5.4/1.4

Chandler 14.5/5.7/1.7

Lee 14.4/9.7/1.9

Harrington 22/8/1.6

Looks like the Knicks are in disarray. They are trading players away to get a shot at LBJ and the roster doesn't fit what the coach wants to do. They played 7 guys vs. Cleveland in their last game- a blow out loss.

They score a ton of points, but give them up at higher rate. The tempo is fast paced.

I look for Woodson to use the slow it down and then speed it up tactic that he's used with some success against D'Antoni. In fact, I would say that Woodson has his best success against D'Antoni. The Hawks always seemed to play the Suns tough, even though there was a huge talent and experience difference.

As far as matchups go. I don't see where the Knicks have any advantages.

Harrington is an awful rebounder for a guy his size, plus his post d is suspect. Horford could have a career night

David Lee is a blue color player that will try to out work you. Problem is he's playing against the Hawks energy guy, Josh Smith. Adv. Hawks

MW vs. Chandler- um who is Chandler? MW will get his points in the flow of the game and rebound as well. Adv. Hawks

JJ vs. Richardson- Richardson is a guy that can score in bunches, but he can also disappear for long stretches. JJ seems to be recovering from the toe problem. Big adv. Hawks

Duhon vs. Bibby- Duhon is a good pg. Bibby is playing his best ball. THe only advantage is that Duhon can probably turn the corner on Bibby and get to the lane. Last week that would be a problem. This week the Hawks have Smith to shut down the lane. Bibby is shooting is out of the world right now to boot. Adv. Hawks

Benches- Knicks are playing 2 guys off the bench. Hawks are deeper and more talented. More so, there is no size on the Knicks bench. Look for Z to have a good game, as well as, one of the Flip-Mo combo. Ad. Hawks

This game looks like a Hawk win. Let's hope that they learned from cruising the other night and keep the Knicks down once they get a big lead. Yes, I expect a big lead going into the half, maybe 12-15 points.

Prediction Hawks 110 Knick 97

Edited by frosgrim

What stinks is that this is the 2nd game in a row with no TV

As far as this game goes my concern is a letting one get away that they should win through a lackluster defensive effort.

I'm also concerned about how Josh Smith's ankle responded to playing 27 minutes on Wednesday.

• Premium Member
What stinks is that this is the 2nd game in a row with no TV

As far as this game goes my concern is a letting one get away that they should win through a lackluster defensive effort.

I'm also concerned about how Josh Smith's ankle responded to playing 27 minutes on Wednesday.

No TV? It's not coming on SportSouth? Is it a local blackout or something?

Just to get us talking about the game tonight.

Team stats

Hawks

PPG

Offense 98.7 (14th)

Defense 97 (13th)

Knicks

Offense 104.5 (3rd)

Defense 109 (29th)

Hawks starters (ppg/reb/ast)

Bibby 16.2/2.9/4.8

JJ 22.9/4.6/5.3

MW 14.3/6.1/2

Smith 12.4/7.6/2.0

Horf 11.1/8.1/2.8

Knicks starters

Duhon 11.3/3.5/8.2

Richardson 11.5/5.4/1.4

Chandler 14.5/5.7/1.7

Lee 14.4/9.7/1.9

Harrington 22/8/1.6

Looks like the Knicks are in disarray. They are trading players away to get a shot at LBJ and the roster doesn't fit what the coach wants to do. They played 7 guys vs. Cleveland in their last game- a blow out loss.

They score a ton of points, but give them up at higher rate. The tempo is fast paced.

I look for Woodson to use the slow it down and then speed it up tactic that he's used with some success against D'Antoni. In fact, I would say that Woodson has his best success against D'Antoni. The Hawks always seemed to play the Suns tough, even though there was a huge talent and experience difference.

As far as matchups go. I don't see where the Knicks have any advantages.

Harrington is an awful rebounder for a guy his size, plus his post d is suspect. Horford could have a career night

David Lee is a blue color player that will try to out work you. Problem is he's playing against the Hawks energy guy, Josh Smith. Adv. Hawks

MW vs. Chandler- um who is Chandler? MW will get his points in the flow of the game and rebound as well. Adv. Hawks

JJ vs. Richardson- Richardson is a guy that can score in bunches, but he can also disappear for long stretches. JJ seems to be recovering from the toe problem. Big adv. Hawks

Duhon vs. Bibby- Duhon is a good pg. Bibby is playing his best ball. THe only advantage is that Duhon can probably turn the corner on Bibby and get to the lane. Last week that would be a problem. This week the Hawks have Smith to shut down the lane. Bibby is shooting is out of the world right now to boot. Adv. Hawks

Benches- Knicks are playing 2 guys off the bench. Hawks are deeper and more talented. More so, there is no size on the Knicks bench. Look for Z to have a good game, as well as, one of the Flip-Mo combo. Ad. Hawks

This game looks like a Hawk win. Let's hope that they learned from cruising the other night and keep the Knicks down once they get a big lead. Yes, I expect a big lead going into the half, maybe 12-15 points.

Prediction Hawks 110 Knick 97

I agree with you that I would take our guy over their guy at ever position but we had better not underestimate the Knicks. They do have some offensive talent and any team can get hot. As for the matchups, I think that NY can hang if we don't play up to our abilities.

Bibby v. Duhon - Bibby is better but Duhon is solid.

JJ vs Q. Rich - JJ is obviously better but Q can get hot from deep and he is a terrific rebounding SG. That could be a problem if we don't keep him off the glass.

Marv v. Chandler - I think Chandler is a vastly underrated player. I really like his game. His stats are almost as good as Marvin's and he is pretty athletic. Marv had better come to play.

Smoove v. Harrington (If Woody is smart...no way I'm putting Al on Harrington so that Harrington can take him away from the basket) - student v. teacher. Should be a good matchup. I think a healthy, not rusty Smoove is better but Al could give him trouble with his craftiness with Smoove coming off an injury.

Horford v. Lee - Two scrappy Florida guys going at it who approach the game the same way. Al is a little bigger but Lee is probably a little better athlete. Advantage to Al but Lee is a battler.

I think we win if we play like we can but we had better put them away if we get the chance. Hopefully the bench will be better than they were against MEM.

The Hawks are favored by 10.5. The Knicks play small ball but they don't have the quality players that the Suns have or that GS used to have. I don't think many teams are going to beat us playing run and gun small ball.

any team can have a hot shooting night but when teams go small that gives us a big advantage at the 4/5.

We need to defense the 3 point shot tonight - the Knicks are taking almost 30 three pointers a game. Their percentage isn't great, but on any given night, who knows what can happen.

Joe's toe looks like it is still bothering him - he winced noticably a couple of times during Wednesday's game.

We need to defense the 3 point shot tonight - the Knicks are taking almost 30 three pointers a game. Their percentage isn't great, but on any given night, who knows what can happen.

Joe's toe looks like it is still bothering him - he winced noticably a couple of times during Wednesday's game.

You are right. They are going to shoot a lot of 3's and they are going to take quick shots.

I noticed JJ limping noticeably vs MEM too. He obviously tweaked it pretty good in the 4th quarter and he was having a hard time chasing his man on D. He is such a warrior though. I was very impressed that he took it all the way to the hoop and was able to convert on the bad toe late. I love that guy!