Where's Marvin in the final 6:44 vs Houston? This is where you earn your money and cred..

HAWKS1986

I am not trying to dump this all on one player, but Marvin's presence has to felt in a game like this. He is 6'9 235 lbs with a decent offensive skillset. If he is a franchise player, he has to either score or get to the FT line or BOTH. And I have to say the same thing for Horford and Josh Smith. Way too many jumpers. The Hawks need another frontcourt veteran like a McDyess who the Hawks can put in the game who knows how to play at crunch time.

McDyess was signed by Detroit, but the Hawks should seriously try to find a way to facilitate a trade and get a more offensively polished front court player.

San Antonio is going to be tough, and Miami will be 50-50... I hate to see the Hawks' losing streak grow to four before going back to Atlanta...

Where was Marvin? Well he was watching Joe and your home boy take every freaking shot down the stretch. They didn't even think about kickin the ball out to Marvin, they were busy putting up their own "numbers". Marvin knows his role, he doesn't force shots like the above mentioned two future "Hall of Famers".

• Premium Member

Marvin was watching Josh throw the game away

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
Marvin is probably the most consistent player in this team knowing his role and doing exactly what he's supposed to.

I respect Marvin for knowing who he is. Smoove on the other hand has some serious "me" issues. Dude you're not that good! Block shots, get rebounds, and live with put-backs. Hawks don't need you to be MJ all they need is the Pistons version of Ben Wallace.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Marvin was 5 for 9 from the field, Smith 5 for 19.

Bingo. Therein lies the problem. Marvin should be the one shooting 19 times, not Smoove. Marvin needs to get more aggresive still. Smoove needs to know his role for this team (which in no way involves jacking 19 shots).

Marvin was 5 for 9 from the field, Smith 5 for 19. You have to touch the ball in order to shoot it and Smith jacked up so many bad shots that Marvin didn't get many touches. Plus Marvin inexplicably played only 28 minutes.

Pretty much. I'm tired of this bullshit. Smith and Joe just jack up shots at will especially Josh what the f*** is he thinking. Marvin is by far the most efficient scorer we have. Woody needs to f***ing do something and tell Smoove that he's not f***ing Mark Price where he can just sit around and shoot jumpers all day.

• Moderators

If Marvin is content to just shoot his 10 jumpers a game then he'll continue to be that guy. He does get the ball but unless its an open jumper he just looks to pass it on. Take it to the hole. At least dribble a little. Sure Smoove looks terrible sometimes but he doesn't wait for permission to try to score the ball. There was a time where I didn't think Marvin actually had the ability to be a real scorer. Now I think he might but doesn't seem to have the assertiveness.

• Premium Member
I am not trying to dump this all on one player, but Marvin's presence has to felt in a game like this. He is 6'9 235 lbs with a decent offensive skillset. If he is a franchise player, he has to either score or get to the FT line or BOTH. And I have to say the same thing for Horford and Josh Smith. Way too many jumpers. The Hawks need another frontcourt veteran like a McDyess who the Hawks can put in the game who knows how to play at crunch time.

McDyess was signed by Detroit, but the Hawks should seriously try to find a way to facilitate a trade and get a more offensively polished front court player.

San Antonio is going to be tough, and Miami will be 50-50... I hate to see the Hawks' losing streak grow to four before going back to Atlanta...

It is so sad that Al Harrington contributes more at this stage of his career than Marvn does.

After we had that 8 point lead late there was a period of about 4 or 5 posessions in a row where Smoove threw up a bad shot or threw a pass that lead to a turnover. Now that is not all his fault since for some unknown reason people were passing him the ball. His ayss should have been on the bench after that. The Joe started missing after the Rockets took the lead, thats when we just fell apart.

• Premium Member
That makes no sense.

Let me make it make sense for you.

When we drafted #2 overall, we had Al Harrington on the team. He was the starting SF.

When we drafted #2 overall, we passed over need in Chris Paul or Deron Williams.

Somebody said #2 overall was a special player.

That begs the question.. What was wrong with Al Harrington.

We eventually traded Al Harrington for a pick so that #2 overall could "Spread His wings"... I remember some said Addition by subtraction.

Well...

Let's take tonight for an example.

Al Harrington put up 39/13/3... led his team to a victory...

And

What is #2 overall doing???

He is still trying to find his agressiveness.

What I said yesterday.. is that it is a shame that Al Harrington is still better than Marvin.... being that we could have Paul, JJ, Smoove, and Harrington right now...

• Premium Member
Actually, Smith was logging minutes when Harrington was here... not Marvin

I'm not getting into this stupid argument with you. The horse is dead. It's as simple as that.

Go look up Marvin's minutes per game after the break in 2005-6. He averaged 28 minutes per game. It's as simple as that.

The Hawks wanted to go young, and Harrington was in the way of that plan. It's as simple as that.

He's always been a great offensive player, and he's thriving in D'Antoni's stat-inflating system. It's as simple as that.

I'm not getting into this stupid argument with you. The horse is dead. It's as simple as that.

Go look up Marvin's minutes per game after the break in 2005-6. He averaged 28 minutes per game. It's as simple as that.

The Hawks wanted to go young, and Harrington was in the way of that plan. It's as simple as that.

He's always been a great offensive player, and he's thriving in D'Antoni's stat-inflating system. It's as simple as that.

Harrington seriously? I think Joe would average 50 ppg. a night on the Knicks. All you do is jack up shots im sure I could score atleast 25 with the Knicks. I'll just jack up three's all day.