• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rate the Hawks Performance vs. BOS

frankthetank966

Rate the Hawks performance vs. the Celtics tonight.  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd rate it a B. It was a hard fought game, like I've been saying. We played good defense for many parts of the game. Our offense was a bit inconsistent, and we would of been better off if we didn't have Josh Smith shooting out of his range. We need to play smarter down low, and we can't just allow Pierce to go against Bibby knowing Bibby can hardly play defense against a man his own size. Someone in another thread said this was a learning experience, and I agree. Just take this [hard] loss and move on.

i give us a C. Until we can over come shooting 29 percent in the first quater we can not beat teams like the celtics.

marv was feeling it and we didnt go back to him in the second half

we played great on the defensive.

our 3s didnt drop for us.

we couldve played alot better. but we did play a tough good game.

I give the performance a B. Defense was good until KG realized that he is unguardable in the post. I felt we played well enough to win, i guess that is why the Celtics are the champs.We missed 7 free throws tonight, Boston missed 4. It was the difference in the game. I hope we don't let this game affect us on Friday. 6-2 on the homestand is very doable

Loss is an "F" - always.

Loss at home is an "F" and should get Josh Smith benched for demonstrating once again that he can be a force at the rim, but chooses, or continues to be too stoopid to realize, that he isn't Tim Duncan.

huh? Thats who josh should be trying to be. he messes us up when he thinks he is a guard and has a jump shot

I gave it a C but if Joe and Marv make one more free throw each in the last 2 minutes its an A, lol. Ididnt like the fact that Boston was able to get Pierce one on one with Bibby and also we let KG get in a comfort zone down low late. I also think JJ tried to do it all himself late after playing good team ball the whole game. They left Bibby open late but JJ took on the double teams instead of passing.

I give the performance a B. Defense was good until KG realized that he is unguardable in the post. I felt we played well enough to win, i guess that is why the Celtics are the champs.We missed 7 free throws tonight, Boston missed 4. It was the difference in the game. I hope we don't let this game affect us on Friday. 6-2 on the homestand is very doable

Who cares about beating GS?

• Premium Member

Gave them a C

The good defense was canceled out by those stupid switches that left Bibby on Pierce, all of those isolation plays for Joe where he dribbled 20 seconds off of the shot clock, all of those long Jumpers by bibby, went to the motion offense too late. I have to say though that Marvin is our best defender now. He shut down everyone he guarded tonight.

Edited by Peoriabird

• Moderators

B. A for the team defensively but there were too many total breakdowns on offense to rate an A. If I had the option, it would be a B-. Too many isolations, too few screens, too little ball movement, and HORRIBLE set plays. Flip on Rondo, one on one, really? That is the best play we have in our repertoire? Despite Marvin dominating Paul Pierce in the first half, there is no effort to exploit that matchup in the second half.

Basically, A for defense and D for offense. Good effort pulls the grade to a B-.

I am a celtics fan in Atlanta, but I wont vote.

But people keep talking about Garnett towards the end. The reason the Hawks did not win tonight was not garnett in the 4th, but Rondo and Josh Smith in the end of the 2nd.

There was a 3 minute stretch in the end of the 2nd when the hawks were up 7 and had possession. They could have turned it into a 10 or more point game easily, but Rondo caught fire exactly at the same time as Josh Smith made a few bonehead mistakes.

Sometimes its like Josh Smith intentionally gets beat so he can try to block the shot and look good, and he did this twice when Rondo went for lay ups in this strecth.

In this particular stretch I am talking about, rondo had 4 points and Smith 2 turnovers, and the game went from a 7 point hawks lead to a 1 point game.

You guys obviously watch way more hawks games than I do (although I do watch a fair share), but Josh Smith has got to be one of the most mentally undisciplined players Ive seen. He has the tools to be out of this world, but if the hawks have the lead, then it seems he either forces his shot or tries to make the highlight film by allowing defenders by to try to block them.

This just proves my point what i said in another thread. They are averaging 101 ppg, 45+ fg% and 35% + from 3.

I'm not impressed with what I see ON THE COURT from them. Their offense looks sloppy to me. While the Hawks don't score as many PPG as Boston, they have somewhat the same shooting numbers, but we know the Hawks offense is a mess.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I'm not impressed with what I see ON THE COURT from them. Their offense looks sloppy to me. While the Hawks don't score as many PPG as Boston, they have somewhat the same shooting numbers, but we know the Hawks offense is a mess.

The Hawk's defense was the reason the C's looked so bad on offense. The Hawks match up extremely well against the Cs and that showed again last night. You have to give the defense close to an A for that effort. The offense broke down, once again, in the 4th, good only for a D.