• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Joe Choked

gsuteke

Here is JJ "choking" in the biggest game the Hawks have played this decade.

Thanks...even I needed that one....although he DID choke...I will take that with an extension to Joe Johnson....don't criticize the people who acknowledge that he choked....just acknowledge that he choked....EVERYBODY has done it....he is still OUR guy....he will just play harder because he is a competitor quietly (the new SILENT ASSASSIN)...even with tonights performance

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just have to be willing to recognize the bad

exactly...and that's why I acknowledged the choke tonight be will take this game/loss and Joe Johnson to go with it

I guess Marvin choked 3 times tonight, right?

I would say...it's the moments of the misses that makes someone chokes...I'm a JJ fan...HONESTLY...but ever hear of anyone saying these are the moments they live for when they're young...5 seconds on the clock...he dribbles right...cross'em over left...head fakes the shot (while keeping his dribble)....and goes back to the right...pulls up...scores...it's the MOMENTS for the win my man when you make or miss that considers the choke or legend status...Jordan hit plenty of shots prettier than the legendary moments...but it's the moments bruh...I'll take this loss and this moment...it will humble him to do better

it might be useful to think of what the definition of "choke" is. when you say "choke" is seems to infer that nervousness or the pressure got to him which i think is rediculous. everyone who has watched joe since he has been here knows he thrives in those situations. i noticed no none of the "uncomfortableness" that gsu mentioned. his first free throw was pure and he plain and simple missed the second. it happens. especially when you've just busted your ass for 40 minutes. i'll take joe on the line in that situation over most players in the nba any day.

it might be useful to think of what the definition of "choke" is. when you say "choke" is seems to infer that nervousness or the pressure got to him which i think is rediculous. everyone who has watched joe since he has been here knows he thrives in those situations. i noticed no none of the "uncomfortableness" that gsu mentioned. his first free throw was pure and he plain and simple missed the second. it happens. especially when you've just busted your ass for 40 minutes. i'll take joe on the line in that situation over most players in the nba any day.

my thoughts exactly my man....I'll take this loss and JJ in the same situation any game...but read my above post as to MY definition of choke....he had a chance to win it...and he missed a FREEBIE...it happens...but in my book that classifies a choke....choke to me isn't just nervousness...if he was nervous and made it, is it a choke..NO...if he if he is not nervous and misses it...it's a choke....it's an easy shot that he missed....I remember in high school I gave us our first loss because I missed a free throw at the end of the game and no one under the basket...I CHOKED

• Moderators
We didn't lose that game in the last 30 seconds. Our game plan once again having Joe dribble 20 sec off the shot clock lost this game. Until we correct this, we won't beat many playoff teams.

Quoted for truth.

Marvin and JJ going 1-2 at the line down the stretch was a bad thing but the flaws in our offensive game plan are more serious thatn someone going 7-8 at the line.

Quoted for truth.

Marvin and JJ going 1-2 at the line down the stretch was a bad thing but the flaws in our offensive game plan are more serious thatn someone going 7-8 at the line.

Agreed AHF. I rermember watching a play where JJ got doubled (trapped) out high and to the right of the key. He lost his dribble and was looking around frantically. Marvin was on the left wing at the 3 point line but if JJ had elevated to make that cross-court pass it would have been easily intercepted...nobody else was moving to speak of - nobody coming to his aid...and Marvin was just rooted there. He didn't step back or come to the ball. This is not a diss Marvin comment. It just seems that Woody plants guys in spots. There doesn't seem to be any real fluidity. We seem to have the same lack of offense we had before - except JJ is dribbling out the shot clock instead of TLue.

Also - the FEW times I did see us trying to do an inside-out play, Al Horford was around the FT line when he got the inside pass - so they didn't take it seriously.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Quoted for truth.

I agree with both of you. This loss was really hard to stomach. As for whether Joe choked or not, it's obvious that he did. It's a free throw with less than 3 seconds left to tie the game. What else do you call it? I think some are missing the point that some plays are obviously more critical than others. You know, like the ones with no defense.

Edited by TroyMcClure

• Premium Member
blame the 1st quater

It's not the first quarter.... We ended the half up by 1, we entered the 4th up by 3. It's not the first quarter.

The problem was 4th quarter defense on KG. He just scored at will. I really don't see anyway we could stop him.

It's not the first quarter.... We ended the half up by 1, we entered the 4th up by 3. It's not the first quarter.

The problem was 4th quarter defense on KG. He just scored at will. I really don't see anyway we could stop him.

KG wasn't doing crap until Smith picked up his 5th foul. Then they put Horford on KG and that is why KG got going.