• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons - we have a CHANCE!

DJlaysitup

The Falcons are truly blessed. Who can deny there is a God with the miraculous turnaround this year. God is smiling down on the city of Atlanta and it's Falcon fans.

That's got nothing to do with it. It's about having intelligent management and coaching. It's that simple. I predicted the Falcons would probably win 8 or 9 games right here on Hawksquawk. I explained how the difference between 6-10 and 10-6, isn't much. The Hawks will never have this kind of success as long as the ASG owns the team and Woody coaches them. It's about competence. The Falcons have it. The saying about keeping your head when all others around you are losing theirs, comes to mind.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great season by the Falcons just keeps getting better.

Minnesota chocked in that game. 7 fumbles, 4 lost means those guys just couldn't let the game come to them.

This is not to say that the Falcons didn't have some jitters as well. Ryan looks like he's pressing a little, but hell, the guys a rookie QB playing more games than he ever has in a single season.

I really like the team's chances of winning the division now. The Saints are a very tough team at home and the Panthers don't seem to be a good dome team. The Falcons have to play a down and out Rams team at home. The Rams have very little in terms of a pass rush and run defense. The weekend sets up very nicely for the hometown heros. Let's hope that the chips keep falling into place.

• Premium Member
As a Giants fan, i have to say it is nice to see the Falcons succeed this season..no matter what happens, yal overachieved. I hope u guys make the playoffs this season just to add to the wonderful season.

just dont run into the Giants tho lol jk

good luck

Is it really overachieving though.

We picked up one of the best RBs in the game in the offseason. We drafted one of the best QBs out of college. I think it's a hats off to the coaching squad who came in and used what we had and made us a winner.

I mean, we had some good defensive pieces... We had some recievers who could never put it together. I think the biggest surprise was the offensive line and the defensive secondary.

I know many people questioned the picks and starts of:

Ryan, Baker (especially Baker), Jackson, and Lofton... but those guys have definitely come through.

Even though Baker can't be on the field a lot, when he's there, he makes some difference. It's going to be fun watching these guys play together for a few years.

Is it really overachieving though.

We picked up one of the best RBs in the game in the offseason. We drafted one of the best QBs out of college. I think it's a hats off to the coaching squad who came in and used what we had and made us a winner.

I mean, we had some good defensive pieces... We had some recievers who could never put it together. I think the biggest surprise was the offensive line and the defensive secondary.

I know many people questioned the picks and starts of:

Ryan, Baker (especially Baker), Jackson, and Lofton... but those guys have definitely come through.

Even though Baker can't be on the field a lot, when he's there, he makes some difference. It's going to be fun watching these guys play together for a few years.

yea i see what you're saying and where u are coming from but personally, i didnt think you guys would have a shot at the playoffs this season despite you guys drafting one of the best QBs. I thought the future was bright but i didnt think the Falcons would be this good honestly

I don't like the word overachieve in regards to the Falcons. They did surpass everyone expectations. Saying they overachieved is basically saying they are not that good and everything just fell right. Arizona Cards overachieved. Falcons on the other hand grew as the season went along and were legit at the end.

Man, this has been a great season.

Huge props to the Falcons, they deserve this and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the NFC Championship game. I think they destroy Arizona and squeak by Carolina or whoever it would be.

Also props to the Dolphins? Where the heck did that come from? Chad "Tom Brady" Pennington??

Titans CRUSHED the Steelers. Is there any doubt who is the best team right now? I mean, Haynesworth's BACKUP had 3.5 sacks, 5 tackles, and 3 forced fumbles.

• Moderators
I don't like the word overachieve in regards to the Falcons. They did surpass everyone expectations. Saying they overachieved is basically saying they are not that good and everything just fell right. Arizona Cards overachieved. Falcons on the other hand grew as the season went along and were legit at the end.

Let's use this expression instead - they have maximized their potential and exceeded preseason expectations. Everyone can agree on that, I think.

That's got nothing to do with it. It's about having intelligent management and coaching. It's that simple. I predicted the Falcons would probably win 8 or 9 games right here on Hawksquawk. I explained how the difference between 6-10 and 10-6, isn't much. The Hawks will never have this kind of success as long as the ASG owns the team and Woody coaches them. It's about competence. The Falcons have it. The saying about keeping your head when all others around you are losing theirs, comes to mind.

How do you know that has nothing to do with it?

Because existence makes no sense and the idea of a God makes even less sense. But that's just my opinion. To each their own... god that is.

Atheist, troy?

Look around...how can there not be a God? (And I will leave it there because wrong place wrong time to start that one!)

Atheist, troy?

Look around...how can there not be a God? (And I will leave it there because wrong place wrong time to start that one!)

Just think about the "existence doesn't make sense" part. Really, think about it. It's a quantum physics thing, but is a basic concept to understand. The earth is finite. Once you get to outer space, there is no end. It's impossible. It's not like in a cartoon where Bugs Bunny hits a brick wall in space. It can't end. Existence just doesn't make scientific sense. If say, a god created a universe... where was he when he created it? So, from that angle you can see how the idea of a god or multiple gods just seems so silly and earthbound. The universe is huge, man. So huge that it doesn't end.

Edited by TroyMcClure

Just think about the "existence doesn't make sense" part. Really, think about it. It's a quantum physics thing, but is a basic concept to understand. The earth is finite. Once you get to outer space, there is no end. It's impossible. It's not like in a cartoon where Bugs Bunny hits a brick wall in space. It can't end. Existence just doesn't make scientific sense. If say, a god created a universe... where was he when he created it? So, from that angle you can see how the idea of a god or multiple gods just seems so silly and earthbound. The universe is huge, man. So huge that it doesn't end.

Yeah, but dude...

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

So God was hovering over the face of the waters. Thats where He was.

And then....from the Shorter catechism,

What is God?

God is a Spirit INFINITE, ETERNAL, and unchangeable...

I'd love to talk about this extensively but we'd better start another topic if its cool with Dolfan.

Just think about the "existence doesn't make sense" part. Really, think about it. It's a quantum physics thing, but is a basic concept to understand. The earth is finite. Once you get to outer space, there is no end. It's impossible. It's not like in a cartoon where Bugs Bunny hits a brick wall in space. It can't end. Existence just doesn't make scientific sense.

I would say these statements, especially the one in bold, could also be interpreted as an argument for the existence of a God. Because it is so difficult to wrap our heads around our existence and the infinite expanse of the universe, it almost compels us to look at the possibility of a higher power.

But, I digress. We have once again swayed :offtopic2:

More to the original point, I think we can all agree that Matt Ryan is the 2nd coming and that the end is near.

And, for at least this coming Sunday............GEAUX (s)AINTS!!!!!!!!

Edited by jhay610

I would say these statements, especially the one in bold, could also be interpreted as an argument for the existence of a God. Because it is so difficult to wrap our heads around our existence and the infinite expanse of the universe, it almost compels us to look at the possibility of a higher power.

But, I digress. We have once again swayed :offtopic2:

More to the original point, I think we can all agree that Matt Ryan is the 2nd coming and that the end is near.

And, for at least this coming Sunday............GEAUX (s)AINTS!!!!!!!!

We can move this discussion later. For now, you are right. He is the second coming. But he better get a lot done before 2012!lol! I like the geaux saints thing! I'm a big Marino fan, though. I hope they win and he falls just short of the mark.

The FALCONS will be the #2 seed in my opinion. I think the Panthers loss at NY will be hard to bounce back from right away. I think the Saints will play a tough game and pull it out. The Falcons should crush ST Louis. The funny thing is they can win one home playoff game and be in the Con. Champ game. If the Giants slip in the division round you guys could have the nfc champ game at home. Its very concievable that if Carolina loses that at the very least your playing at Ny for a shot at the sb. Meanwhile my Bengals are winning now when it means nothing except a worse off draft position. I say good luck to your team for and congrats on a sweet turnaround.

If Dallas has any sense they will offer us a trade for Justin Blalock - they need a guard to follow Romo around - waiting to recover his fumbles.

As far as the Carolina/Saints game goes - I can't wait. The Saints will be throwing it all over the place trying to get Drew Brees the record - at least they have SOMETHING to play for. #2 seed would be AWESOME!!! Go Falcons !!

P.S. - if we lose to the Rams (and the Saints win) I will drown my hampster.

If Dallas has any sense they will offer us a trade for Justin Blalock - they need a guard to follow Romo around - waiting to recover his fumbles.

As far as the Carolina/Saints game goes - I can't wait. The Saints will be throwing it all over the place trying to get Drew Brees the record - at least they have SOMETHING to play for. #2 seed would be AWESOME!!! Go Falcons !!

P.S. - if we lose to the Rams (and the Saints win) I will drown my hampster.

Looks like the Saints are pulling a Vikings move and basically giving the game to the Panthers - fumbling the ball all over the field in critical spots - one in the red zone after a nice drive and of course the back-breaking fumbled kickoff-return going the other way for a CAR touchdown.

Appears some of us were getting ahead of things a bit banking a Saints win - there is a reason the Saints are where they are and the Panthers are where they are.

In any case, win or lose today, it would appear at the moment the Falcons will be headed to ARZ for a wild card round game. That would appear to be a favorable matchup for them.

EDIT: Saints just scored - 23-10 now, there is still (slight) hope for the division. That is if we take care of the Rams of course.