• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Curreny Hawks + Chillz

y2kenta

Wouldn't it be nice to welcome Chillz back to a mid-level deal this summer, resign Bibby for much less than his current deal? But, would all that be possible? Could we also keep Zaza, Flip, and Solo to give us an even stronger bench?

The Hawks would be even stronger with Chillz added to Mo, Flip, and Zaza on the bench next year...

Obviously Bibby's salary would have to come down some. I don't think anyone would consider offering 14 million. If he keeps his current pace for the rest of the year (and stays healthy), I would imagine 8.5.

Then there's Marvin. He's probably looking at 7.5 to 8 as well.

For all of ZaZa's flaws, on the FA market, he's likely to get a decent salary. (Heck Kwame Brown got 2 years at 4 million a year.) ZaZa makes that now, so probably bump him up to 5.

Of course, the biggest consideration is whether ownership will continue to allow for such a high salary limit. If they go cheap, we may very well find ourselves in the lottery next year.

sund is gonna have to do to many other things in the offseason before working on childress

we are gonna have to do three things at once this offseason.

1) resign bibby before another team overpays him

2) resign zaza before he gets a chance with another team

3) resign marvin before he takes the QO and goes into UFA in 2010.

we can't afford to do one after another like last year. sund is gonna have to get off his butt and work for more than one month.

if he can do all this in good time, and have a good amount of money left in the offseason, then he could work on childress coming back.

• Premium Member
I'd rather spend the money on a big man, personally.

You mean...

The Phantom big man?

We all would like a big man... but can you name one that would be available? If the Hawks want a big, they will have to go out and find one... So saying that you would like to spend "the money" on a big is just a cop out... I mean that with no disrespect because I'm pretty sure you are not purposely copping out... but we say this on this board often... The only way we can get that phantom big man is that we will have to be willing to trade away a core piece for a big or we draft one.

Here's some of the unrestricted bigs that will be available:

Juwaun Howard

Drew Gooden

Cedric Simmons

Lo Wright

Brandon Bass

Antonio McDyess

Rasheed Wallace

Deke

Chris Mihm

Lamar Odom

Jamaal Magloire

Austin Croshere

Stromile Swift

Melvin Ely

Robert Swift

Chris Wilcox

Adonal Foyle

Theo Ratliff

Raef LaFrantz

Shavlik Randolph

Shelden Williams

Jake Voskhul

Jarron and Jason Collins.

So let's put a name with that money. Which of these Bigs would you like to target??

• Premium Member
sund is gonna have to do to many other things in the offseason before working on childress

we are gonna have to do three things at once this offseason.

1) resign bibby before another team overpays him

2) resign zaza before he gets a chance with another team

3) resign marvin before he takes the QO and goes into UFA in 2010.

we can't afford to do one after another like last year. sund is gonna have to get off his butt and work for more than one month.

if he can do all this in good time, and have a good amount of money left in the offseason, then he could work on childress coming back.

I think before he negotiates all that, he should negotiate an extension with Joe Johnson.

Varejao in free agency, but I think acquiring one via trade is more likely.

I like varejao but i don't see how we can get him in free agency. I don't think the hawks will have any capspace due to their capholds and I don't think he will be in a rush to sign a MLE deal.

• Premium Member
Varejao in free agency, but I think acquiring one via trade is more likely.

If Varejao opts out of his 6.2 Million dollar contract, that means that he would be looking for more than 6.2 Million dollars. Personally, I don't see Cleveland giving him up being that Big Z's contract is about to be over AND they need some leverage to keep James... BUT if they did let him go... We would have to spend well over 8 million to get him. That means that we would have to renounce Chillz AND Not sign either Marvin or Bibby.

If Varejao opts out of his 6.2 Million dollar contract, that means that he would be looking for more than 6.2 Million dollars. Personally, I don't see Cleveland giving him up being that Big Z's contract is about to be over AND they need some leverage to keep James... BUT if they did let him go... We would have to spend well over 8 million to get him. That means that we would have to renounce Chillz AND Not sign either Marvin or Bibby.

Could try SnT for Chil but don't think the Cavs would have any interest in Chil because their offense has really blown up with a bunch of wings and guards who can play off Lebron's drives. Chil doesn't really fit that bill so much.

• Premium Member
If Varejao opts out of his 6.2 Million dollar contract, that means that he would be looking for more than 6.2 Million dollars

No, it likely means he wants a longer deal at the MLE. My guess is that he'll re-sign with the Cavs.