• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Acie was 11th overall!

frankthetank966

Its about time Acie gets some playing time. He was a high draft pick and we can not afford to continually hold him off the court. Acie has showed spurts of excellence compiling 20 pts vs. CLE and a solid 9 pts in just 12 Minutes vs IND. I understand that Flip is playing well, but we need to put Acie in for at least 10 mins a game. Bibby is playing great but if he doesn't come back is Acie supposed to step up and assume the role next year?

• Admin
Its about time Acie gets some playing time. He was a high draft pick and we can not afford to continually hold him off the court. Acie has showed spurts of excellence compiling 20 pts vs. CLE and a solid 9 pts in just 12 Minutes vs IND. I understand that Flip is playing well, but we need to put Acie in for at least 10 mins a game. Bibby is playing great but if he doesn't come back is Acie supposed to step up and assume the role next year?

Yes there is no reason Acie couldn't get some minutes while shifting Flip over to SG (he is a scorer anyway) and giving JJ some rest.

I want Acie to play some minutes every game. My idea of how to use

him is different than most posters. Let me explain.

Acie should start. Yep. 1st and 3rd quarters. Limit his minutes however

you want, but let him work with the starters.

This would no way reduce Bibby's minutes. He still gets the majority of

the time at PG. Flip comes in to relieve JJ. Bibby is at PG. Flip is at the 2.

This doesn't just happen when Acie goes out. It happens when JJ goes

out and is replaced by Flip.

If we are to limit Acie to 10 minutes per game, he gets 5 to start the 1st

quarter and 5 to start the 3rd quarter. He's in the game with the starters.

If Acie is to become our starter some day in the future, he gets his limited

time being a starter right now. If he does well, his minutes could grow.

One reason, and my main concern is, when Flip and Acie are in the game

together, Flip takes control and Acie is more or less left out. Bibby, being

the old vet he is, won't be bothered by this. He still gets his full allotment

of minutes.

What do you think of my idea??

No he's just barely playing 40 minutes per, although that's still too much. We need to get him down to about 36 minutes per.

He is still playing 40 mins though. Thats too much. I dont want him to get hurt b/c he is overplayed. And one thing to notice is his minutes have increased significantly since Acie has been sitting on the bench majority of the games. In December he was averaging a solid 40.6 minutes. I agree with you he needs to go back down to 36.

No he's just barely playing 40 minutes per, although that's still too much. We need to get him down to about 36 minutes per.

Too be honest you can't bench Bibby now if thats what your suggesting. He is making a statement to get into the All-Star game this year and you want to bench him??? No thanks. I am not sure what the latest scoop on Marvin Williams is but, maybe for the time being shift Bibby to SG, JJ to SF and have Acie run the point. That would be pretty interesting. What do ya think?

Too be honest you can't bench Bibby now if thats what your suggesting. He is making a statement to get into the All-Star game this year and you want to bench him??? No thanks. I am not sure what the latest scoop on Marvin Williams is but, maybe for the time being shift Bibby to SG, JJ to SF and have Acie run the point. That would be pretty interesting. What do ya think?

I'm not suggesting cutting Bibby's minutes at all. I suggest using Flip more at the 2 and Evans at the 3 which will free up minutes for Acie at the point.

Been saying this all season.

Acie should come in for Bibby. Bibby should start, but bringing Acie in would depend on the match up at the PG spot and if Bibby is hot or cold.

Flip should never be a PG. Ever!! i dont know why Woody is even doing that.

• Moderators

I'd like to see A.L. IV double his minutes by season's end.

Was curious, though, how other No. 11's are either faring as a rookie/have fared in their sophomore years. Based strictly on these downward trends, 10 mins per game is just about right:

(post-Acie)

Jerryd Bayless: 8 mpg, 14/31 games played, 2.2 ppg, 1.1 apg, 1.1 rpg, 1.1 TO/g

(buried on the depth chart behind Blake, Serge and Rudy, and maybe McMillan)

(pre-Acie)

JJ Redick: 8 mpg, 34/82 reg season and 2/10 playoff games, 4.1 ppg, 0.5 apg, 0.7 rpg, 39.5 3PtFG%

(we know. not shooting as well but more minutes this year due to limited guard depth)

Andris Biedrins: 14 mpg, 68/82 games played, 3.8 ppg, 4.2 rpg, 0.7 bpg

(just one season removed from double-double land. soaked up fouls while behind Foyle and the legendary Zarko Cabrkapa. projected by Warrior fans to become a poor man's Jeff Foster)

Mickaël Pietrus: 20 mpg, 67/82 games played, 9.5 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 1.2 apg, 1.4 TO/g

(on-and-off all season scoring-wise. didn't contribute much else. started 3 times early in the season)

Jared Jeffries: 82/82 games played, 38 games started, 5.7 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 37.7 FG%, career-high 61.4 FT%

(Wiz' frontcourt choices at the time: Kwame Brown, Brendan Haywood, Jarvis Hayes, Xian Laettner, Etan Thomas. hmmm. yeah, they went to Jared. I would've, too)

~lw3

• Premium Member

I don't think Acie's draft position requires that we play him X amount of Minutes...

That's flawed Marvin Williams thinking.

I think that Acie should earn his time on the floor.

Still, I think Acie has shown us enough that developing him would be more beneficial than Playing Flip. Acie is much improved since last year... I like his speed and when he played more, he had a little bit of confidence going for him. However, I think Woody needs to be a little more dedicated to letting Acie develop. Not because he's the 11th pick. Not because Bibs could hold us hostage. Not because he's cheap. But because I've seen enough drive and improvement in his game to warrant more time than he has been playing.

I don't think Acie's draft position requires that we play him X amount of Minutes...

That's flawed Marvin Williams thinking.

I think that Acie should earn his time on the floor.

Still, I think Acie has shown us enough that developing him would be more beneficial than Playing Flip. Acie is much improved since last year... I like his speed and when he played more, he had a little bit of confidence going for him. However, I think Woody needs to be a little more dedicated to letting Acie develop. Not because he's the 11th pick. Not because Bibs could hold us hostage. Not because he's cheap. But because I've seen enough drive and improvement in his game to warrant more time than he has been playing.

You may feel that his draft position doesn't matter but to most Hawks/NBA fans it does. You brought up one of the perfect examples. Marvin Williams, many feel that he would have been a stellar pick later on in the draft but has not lived up to the hype of a #3 but he is having a solid season thus far and performing his role. You can argue both ways. I generally do not side with either. However, in this case I am in favor of getting him minutes since we drafted him 11. It would be a waste one-two years from now if he is inexperienced and can not handle the role of PG like we projected he would when we drafted him. I can understand not starting him as of now because Bibby is hot but like I have stressed if we loose Bibby, Acie needs to be ready to put up slid stats 10+ PPG, 6 APG, 2 RPG.