• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

At Last!

d2v16DKG

:beer: To borrow a line from Beyonce doing Etta James, "At Last" it is so nice to finally have a real point guard since Mookie Blaylock! What does Mike Bibby have? 10 assists already in the first half alone!? And it's also so nice seeing Josh play within himself! No stupid treys! Also nice seeing T-Lue doing good.

I liked seeing Mario West running the point at the end-he's actually got some moves as well. It was just fun to see him driving in and passing out, and then put on a little dribbling exhibition. He needs to learn how to finish with his off hand a bit better, or at least while going to the left, but he's certainly got some athletic ability.

We have so few blowout wins like this that it's nice to see guys who never play having a good showing in garbage time.

I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't such a big fan of Bibby at the start of the year. I was glad we got him for basically nothing but I thought dude was just a chucker with bad defense and average pg skills.

Now I think he is a valuable player to our success as long as he plays like he has been. It seems to me he has really started making alot more plays in the past 10-15 games then he was at the first of the year. He's getting alot of other guys involved and making spectacular passes. I think maybe it just took him some time to gel with the players and etc but he is the point guard we've been lacking. Too bad he's on the downside of his career unlike most of our key players.

I'll be the first to admit that I wasn't such a big fan of Bibby at the start of the year. I was glad we got him for basically nothing but I thought dude was just a chucker with bad defense and average pg skills.

Now I think he is a valuable player to our success as long as he plays like he has been. It seems to me he has really started making alot more plays in the past 10-15 games then he was at the first of the year. He's getting alot of other guys involved and making spectacular passes. I think maybe it just took him some time to gel with the players and etc but he is the point guard we've been lacking. Too bad he's on the downside of his career unlike most of our key players.

He may be on the downside of his career but keep in mind that when we got him he was younger than when Steve Nash went to the Suns and think how many spectacular years Nash has had with the Suns. I think that if he stays healthy we can get 3-4 more years out of Bibby of pretty solid basketball. Hell he will only be 31 at the end of next season so there is reason to be optimistic about him.

• Premium Member

Mike Bibby is quietly having his best season in the NBA... I don't think any of us could have expected that.

Currently his PER is the highest it has ever been. His turnovers the lowest, and his Shooting % is the second best of his career.

We NEED to keep this guy at least for 2 more years... no way we find a PG of his caliber in FA or Draft

• Premium Member

Bibby a real PG :laugh: :laugh:

most of the time he chooses to be a shooter. Every now and then he'll do what he's being paid to do.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Yeah that's why he is third in the league in Assist/Turnover Ratio behind Chris Paul and Jose Calderon

Don't want to take anything from anybody but come on. U have to be a sucky player to turn the ball over when u never drive or barely step foot inside the 3 point line period.

• Premium Member
Don't want to take anything from anybody but come on. U have to be a sucky player to turn the ball over when u never drive or barely step foot inside the 3 point line period.

...And the Acie Law lover's strike again! Cwell, Acie could very well be a good PG for us in the future but Bibby is that guy RIGHT NOW. I think we are in win now mode and we should be. Acie will continue to learn and develop while we continue to win with Bibby as the lead guard. Acie has the tools to be a good PG and he can only benefit by learning behind a guy like Bibs. But there is NO WAY a fan of this team can find fault with Bibby's play as of late. He's won these last few games for us with either his offense, defense, or making his teammates better. The guy is clearly exceeding expectations and he seems to be getting better as the season progresses.

...And the Acie Law lover's strike again! Cwell, Acie could very well be a good PG for us in the future but Bibby is that guy RIGHT NOW. I think we are in win now mode and we should be. Acie will continue to learn and develop while we continue to win with Bibby as the lead guard. Acie has the tools to be a good PG and he can only benefit by learning behind a guy like Bibs. But there is NO WAY a fan of this team can find fault with Bibby's play as of late. He's won these last few games for us with either his offense, defense, or making his teammates better. The guy is clearly exceeding expectations and he seems to be getting better as the season progresses.

While I disagree with what Cwell said, to be fair I don't believe that he was criticizing Bibby in order to make a case for Acie, at least in this instance. Cwell has a valid point about it making sense that Bibby's turnovers should be lower since he's not a real creator with the basketball and does spend a lot of time near the 3pt line. I will say though that last night was an example of Bibby creating for others and he could have easily had a lot more turnovers than he's had. The bottom line is that no matter how Bibby runs our offense he's still getting a decent number of assists and that requires passing to guys who are in position to score the basketball and that is a turnover risk so he could easily be turning it over more than he has.

Bibby a real PG :laugh: :laugh:

most of the time he chooses to be a shooter. Every now and then he'll do what he's being paid to do.

Isn't he paid to lead the team and help us win ballgames? Isn't he paid to make our other players better? Isn't he paid to bring a veteran leadership and playoff experience to us? I think the answer to all 3 of those questions are an absolute yes, but I could be wrong I suppose.

Hey what is Jose Calderon paid to do? By your argument I'm assuming it's to get assists and he's pretty damn good at that but his team is 10.5 games behind the Hawks in the standings so I'm guessing that Bibby is doing something right.

Isn't he paid to lead the team and help us win ballgames? Isn't he paid to make our other players better? Isn't he paid to bring a veteran leadership and playoff experience to us? I think the answer to all 3 of those questions are an absolute yes, but I could be wrong I suppose.

Hey what is Jose Calderon paid to do? By your argument I'm assuming it's to get assists and he's pretty damn good at that but his team is 10.5 games behind the Hawks in the standings so I'm guessing that Bibby is doing something right.

I don't know, I think if you take away the point guard position, the Hawks are a lot better than the Raptors. I mean, sure they have O'Neal and Bosh, but their wings are terrible. Flip Murray is probably better than their SG and SF.

I don't know, I think if you take away the point guard position, the Hawks are a lot better than the Raptors. I mean, sure they have O'Neal and Bosh, but their wings are terrible. Flip Murray is probably better than their SG and SF.

I think that they are essentially the same team that won nearly 50 games (or maybe more?) a couple of seasons ago except Bargnani is much more productive and they've occasionally got O'Neal. Parker and Moon aren't going to be All-Stars but they both put up pretty good numbers. Of course I'd take our talent over theirs but it's not a huge difference. I don't think anyone considered that TJ Ford was so important to them because even with his impressive stats Calderon is incapable of getting them consistent wins. I think if you swapped Bibby and Calderon that we'd be worse and the Raptors would be better.