• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horford pushing for return,Law Active (more Woody BS)

Cwell

http://www.ajc.com/hawks/content/sports/ha...al_horford.html

Horford pushing for return

By CARROLL ROGERS

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Sunday, January 25, 2009

If Al Horford continues to progress in his recovery, he could return to practice later this week and might get back into action for the Hawks late next week.

After missing eight games with a bone bruise in his right knee, Horford has begun some light running. He will not travel with the Hawks to Miami and New York. But, if all goes well in his work with trainers in Atlanta, he could practice with the Hawks on Thursday.

The Hawks have back-to-back games against New Jersey and Milwaukee Friday and Saturday. After that, they have three off days to practice leading into the game at Minnesota on Feb. 4. That could be a target date for Horford’s return.

“That might be enough time to really get some practice time under his belt,” Hawks coach Mike Woodson said.

Still, Woodson and the Hawks are going to play it cautious.

“He wants to play in the worst way, but we’re not going to push it just to get him back out there when he’s not ready,” Woodson said.

Law active

Acie Law returned to the active list Monday from a quadriceps contusion he suffered a week ago against Toronto. He’s available to play, though that hasn’t been enough to get him a lot of minutes this season.

Law’s playing time has dropped from 15.5 minutes per game last year during his rookie season. This season, the first round draft pick out of Texas A&M is averaging only 9.8 minutes per game.

“I’m playing guys based on feel,” Woodson said. “It’s no knock against Acie. I don’t have anything against Acie. But right now for me, it’s been hard to play three point guards, and Flip [Murray] has made the transition a lot quicker than I thought, so he’s in the rotation right now.”

Mike Bibby is averaging 35 minutes per game and Murray 21.4 minutes per game.

• Premium Member

I can't bump for Woody on this one. The man seems to have a personal agenda against Acie and I think he should be questioned by the GM

Neither is Law.

Whatever Flip is, he is a FAR more important piece to this team than Acie is right now. Flip has made some big shots for us in some big situations and he has proven to be a far better defender than I realized. With JJ's ability to help run the offense, Flip doesn't have to be a pure PG to be successful.

Acie still might end up being a very good player in this league but he had better figure out a way to make an impact when he gets the chance or he will run out of chances.

• Premium Member
Neither is Law.

Acie has more UPSIDE than any other PG in the NBA.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Acie has more UPSIDE than any other PG in the NBA.

lmao u gotta be kidding dude. Acie has alot of talent but he wasn't blessed with the god given ability that lots of other young PG's in the NBA have. There are plenty of young PG's i'd take over Acie and they're also younger.

Our coach is stupid. Flip is not a Pg. Maybe if he was running Flip at the 2 to give JJ some rest, Johnson wouldnt be so dam tired and Acie would actually develop a little more faster.