• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks May Have The Ugliest Offense In The NBA

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

I don't know which is worse: This offense or giving up a Nate Robinson dunk :sad:

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Our offense sucks, I can't stand watching it. Once again we ran the P&R a few times and it worked every time.

On another note, Detroit, Miami, and Philly all won tonight so we're now only 0.5 games ahead of Detroit and Miami. Here we come, 6th seed.

Edited by AtLaS

The offense is atrocious right now because for Bibby & Joe, the rim is the size of a pickle jar for them. When Bibby & Joe are cold together, we suck on offense. I know we scored 104 tonight, but it was against the Knicks. All they do is give up points so they can get their turn at getting points. If we played against a team that was decent on defense tonight, we would've been blown out.

They have GOT to find their shot. I really hope that this is a January fad and not a 2009 fad.

I don't know which is worse: This offense or giving up a Nate Robinson dunk :sad:

Actually Nate was only 1 for 2 on ally-oop slam dunks tonight (they actually tried one in the first half).

In reality though - our biggest problem defensively is our lack of perimeter defense IMO. A simple inside-out play or a bit of ball movement and teams can get open threes on us WAY too easy. As long as they miss our defense looks great. But if they start hitting we are in deep doo-doo.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators
Once again we ran the P&R a few times and it worked every time.

Five years into Woodson's tenure as head coach and we are just starting to install a few plays on offense and he can't even run with those when they are working.

Must run iso...

Must run ISO....

MUST RUN ISO......

Seriously, with the way JJ and Bibby are playing the pick and roll should be our first option on offense right now and there should be more plays run for Marvin as well. We need to balance this offense out some and stop forcing it to our stars when they are this cold.

Seriously, with the way JJ and Bibby are playing the pick and roll should be our first option on offense right now and there should be more plays run for Marvin as well. We need to balance this offense out some and stop forcing it to our stars when they are this cold.

I just don't see how Woody doesn't see how effective it is. We get an easy basket probably 80% of the time we run the PnR. Bibby's bread and butter in the NBA has been the PnR for 10 years, he has always been great at it and it's easy to tell how good he is at it every time he runs it.

Tonight we ran it twice (that I recall) and scored both times. Last game we ran it twice and got dunks both times. I just don't understand. We dominated Milwaukee and were running it all game, coincidence? I think not. So why go away from that? If these coaches are committed to winning then they must be watching tape, so how do they not realize this? Bibby has been a DOMINANT PnR player his entire career!

All it takes is a player who can execute the PnR and it's one of the toughest plays in basketball to defend. We have that in Bibby. Stockton and Malone could tell opposing teams they were about to run it and still score. Nash and Amare did the same. Teams still couldn't stop it.

The fact that we only run it 3 or less times a game just further proves Woodson's inadequacies as a coach, IMO. Especially given the current struggles of JJ and Bibby, you HAVE to find other ways to score.

Our current offense reminds me of the MOokie and Smitty days. Pretty much all we had back then was Smith who was obviously our first option and was kinda similar to Joe, good jumpshooter and ball handler, and Mookie who, when knocking down his shot, made us very good, a la Bibby. Those teams were alot better overall defensively but our offense was, for the most part, terrible.

This year, we may actually wind up winning close to 50 games, although I have my doubts, but we are going to have to hope for another miracle sort of showing in the playoffs like last year against Boston to even have a prayer to advance.

It reminds me of the Braves as well. All the years we had that great pitching, our offense was inconsistent. Yes of course we put it together and won a world series and I'm not saying the Hawks and BRaves are exactly alike but it just always seems like my atlanta teams can't put it all together to have that COMPLETE team.

• Premium Member
Heres to hoping Dimintroff sets the foundation for an elite defense this offseason!

I'm praying he drafts mostly defense and a decent TE