• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith Postgame

PureGreatness

• Premium Member
did anybody see his post game interview? This is smith 5th year in the league and i have NEVER seen him look so sad before. You can tell he was thinking bout his missed FTs. Damn!

still Josh was the only bright spot last night. Bibbs gave you squat and Joe barely gave more than that.

• Premium Member
So Marvins 28 pts on 12 shot attempts isn't a bright spot?

my bad. Marv did have a great game.

did anybody see his post game interview? This is smith 5th year in the league and i have NEVER seen him look so sad before. You can tell he was thinking bout his missed FTs. Damn!

He seemed to look so frustrated the whole game..the team just doesnt look happy at all. losing can change a teams swag forreal

Outside of his horrific performance in the FT line, Smoove played a great game. But yeah, he (and the rest of the team, for that matter) needs to work on that. The FT shooting hit absolute rock bottom last night.

I think the FT shooting thing has become mental now and not just for Smoove. JJ, Bibby, Marvin, Smoove, Horford, Zaza and Mario are all shooting FTs worse than they did last year. Flip and Acie are basically shooting the same as they shot last year. Solo and Mo are the only two players who are actually shooting FTs better this year than they did last year. It is unbelievable to me that the 9 of our top 11 players are either worse or no better than they were last year. Where is the improvement?

Woody needs to figure out a way to get us back to knocking down FTs like we were last year. With Price being one of the greatest FT shooters of all time, you would think we would get better and not worse. SOMETHING ain't right though.

On the season Smith is shooting 1% better than Shaq from the ft line.

I know he is frustrated...has to be. He has wanted to add a jumper to his game since he was drafted. I watched the game last night and recall Walt Frazier saying he has one of the worse jumpers he has ever seen "starts his shot off with the ball behind his head" And until he changes that, he will never be a good shooter. At the FT line he is to straight legged as well....

Smoove can fix his mechanics...no doubt about it but he has got to be getting tired of trying and failing after five years in the league.

If he stays with the same mechanics, he will never be the shooter he so badly wants to become. It is up to him to make these changes; no one can do it for him. I really hope one day he follows the advice of Price, JJ or some other jump shooter and just changes his whole shot.

But if he does not, he still has that jump hook and his improving post up and slash to the basket game. Smoove is a rock solid player with or without a good shooting stroke!

Seems to be a team in total disarray. And I am not sure how to fix it. I'm pretty sure Woody doesn't know either.

Once Horford comes back it will get better. Right now Woody doesn't trust Solomon to be playing the Center spot at the end of games. And Zaza's just an adequate backup.

I haven't watch past few games but knowing Woody, I'm guessing the lineup is Bibby, JJ, Murray, Marvin and Smith for a good part of the 4th quarter. That won't cut it.

Edited by DeerPark

Marvin played a good game. What we need is a true, athletic big man. The lack of one is starting to show, especially when our guards aren't hitting squat from the outside.

Not sure if you've notice but Smith has been scoring about 20ppg on 54.4% shooting for the entire month. The problem, for once, has nothing to do with a lack of an interior scorer and everything to do with the simple and obvious fact that two of our top 3 scorers can't hit open jumpers let alone contested shots.

It doesn't matter who else is on this team, as long as Mike Bibby and Joe Johnson are going a combined 7-27 from the floor every night, we are going to be in a big hole.

It's kind of weird how he was having one of his best jump shooting games ever (his best?) and his worst FT shooting game.

His jumpshooting wasn't even all that great. I mean, it was stellar by his standards, but...

He went 3/5 on his jumpshots in the first 10 minutes of the game. After that, he was 1/5 shooting. So it was a 4/10 night on 2 point jumpers, which is certainly not eyepopping.

His jumpshooting wasn't even all that great. I mean, it was stellar by his standards, but...

He went 3/5 on his jumpshots in the first 10 minutes of the game. After that, he was 1/5 shooting. So it was a 4/10 night on 2 point jumpers, which is certainly not eyepopping.

I thought he shot it better than that. I guess I just remember him making like 4 in a row (one didn't count). It's too bad he had to airball after embarrassing Harrington. Or maybe it would have given him false hope in his guard abilities so it was for the better.