• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Nets

exodus

Nice to see Bibby and JJ return to the land of the living. Overall they are playing much better than they have lately but the dumb turnovers and lack of rebounding are keeping the Nets in the game.

The Nets only average 11 offensive rebounds a game but they have 13 with 9 minutes left in the game.

Started the night with just 1/2 game lead over 2 teams breathing

down our neck for 4th in the east.

Both lost. With this win, Hawks now up 1 1/2 and we can all feel

better, at least momentarily.

That early blastoff from the starting line to open the season is

paying off now. Makes the rest of the entire season so much

easier.

GO HAWKS!!

:biggrin:

• Premium Member
I love Joe when his shot is on. I hate him when his shot is off. I hope he can continue to play this way from here on out as opposed to what we've seen out of him over the past several games. Same thing goes for Bibby.

Same approach as usual Iso Joe or Flip in the second half! Won't work against good defenses but at least against the bad ones we can celebrate our limited offensive game plan.

All is well with the Hawks again- for now. JJ the all star was back in form, ready to take over in the 4th if we needed him. Bibby got his shot back. Flip was really good, didn't force as many as per usual.

Even after another slow start, by the last half of the 2nd quarter, the Hawks were in control. They put the Nets away nicely in the 4th. We finally got the Nets monkey off our back. We can play better, the Nets got too many second and third chances, but if we can just be more consistant from game to game...

Same approach as usual Iso Joe or Flip in the second half! Won't work against good defenses but at least against the bad ones we can celebrate our limited offensive game plan.

Yeah, I think that Mike Woodson is clearly in the lower tier of NBA coaches. He has no imagination and no kind of secondary plan. His 1st, 2nd, and 3rd option/plan seem to all involve isolating Joe Johnson or trying to get a shot for Joe Johnson. Joe is his crutch. He's like a little baby that needs to have his binky taken away from him. Maybe then he'll realize that he has other toys that he can play with instead of just Joe Johnson. Sadly, I just don't think that Woodson has the mental capacity or the desire to change his "scheme." All he knows is that when he's in doubt, he's gonna lean on Joe and Bibby.

Well that sure was a relief. I really didn't expect the Hawks to win that game...but I guess that's the Hawks for ya. More often than not, they win the games that they aren't supposed to win.

Best part of this was that Bibby & Joe are back to normal. Thank heavens.

The Hawks were 7 games over .500 and the Nets were 6 games below .500. The Hawks were 10 games over .500 at home. What make you think they aren't suppose to win at home against a subpar team?

• Premium Member

:sad: i was happy before reading this