• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Speedy

benhillboy

I wanted some opinions on Speedy. Exactly what is the nature of his injury, and how in the **** is he allowed to miss so much time, make so much bread, and get a pass! Many of the problems on this team stem from him contributing nothing since signing. Is he refusing rehab? Is his injury that severe? He better have gangrene growing under that cast. Is he soft as a baby's butt? Is there something in his contract that prevents needles, additional surgeries, or progressive treatment? What is the ownership and management stance on him? Does he take any heat? Can he walk into an Atlanta bar? If he were still in Philly, where people are borderline violent when it comes to their sports, he probably wouldn't be able to show up, game after game, modeling sportcoats. How many think that he would contribute if he were healthy, because I have grown tired of seeing the guy on the sideline looking silly. He probably talks to his accountant every halftime to make sure his money is still there, because a judge should freeze his assets due to extortion. If there ever was a time to dispute a contract and be back-compensated, the time is now for the Hawks. There has to be some fine print there, because this is starting to be a devastating business loss. But considering the ownership group, they probably aren't even aware of the situation.

Edited by benhillboy

This is a funny and true post. I'm sick of his pretty boy *ss too. The guy has played 4 games in 3 years and was never even good before we signed him. I think he has become the team nurse and was probably the guy giving Joe his IV's the last few days while he was sick. "Nurse Speedy, I need you!"

What a joke of a human being.

This is a funny and true post. I'm sick of his pretty boy *ss too. The guy has played 4 games in 3 years and was never even good before we signed him. I think he has become the team nurse and was probably the guy giving Joe his IV's the last few days while he was sick. "Nurse Speedy, I need you!"

What a joke of a human being.

I can't stand the guy. Total waste of money. All he is really is extremely costly welfare. Enjoy your welfare checks Speedy! I know some are going to say it's not his fault. But do you think he is going to give back money for not being able to pull his end of the bargin? Hardly not.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member
Where did you hear this?

Sources all over the place, but mostly discussions on RealGM's CBA board.

Usually, the top 5 salaried players on a team get insured (Speedy would almost certainly be one of those), and if a player doesn't play the first 41 games due to injury, the team starts collecting insurance payments from game 42 on.

I'd have to guess that he's no longer injured and that we just aren't playing him due to a ownership/GM decision. I'd guess that if Bibby went down to injury we'd play Speedy. Actually he might play next year if we can't resign Bibby. If Craig were healthy, I could live with that about as well as most points we might try to pick up for the MCE, etc, plus we'd have Acie and Flip.

The Hawks are collecting insurance payments for him, so I doubt they want him to play if he's not going to be productive.

In other words, they can pay him $70K per game to suck, or pay him $14K to sit on the bench.

That is precisely the situation. After this season he can be recieve the balance of his contract due to injury and the Hawks off the hook for salary and cap. Craig is no dummy. He has family and is right to maximize his compensation. Won't be surprised to see him play in 2010 or not.

If you were offered $6M and you didn't deserve it wouldn't you take it? A lot of the shots at Speedy are unfair. Maybe he just loves the game and is trying to get healthy because of that. Just because BK overpaid the man and he proceeded to have a major knee injury (which the Hawks doctors told him was "nothing serious" at first and he played on it for a while due to that) doesn't make him on "welfare" or a "worthless human being."

Give the guy a break.