• Raised $390 of $700 target

GDT: Hawks @ Pistons

Swish

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woody is using the same strategy he used in the playoffs. if Bibby sucks and Law played well the previous game, stay with Bibby.

It really pisses me off when this happens. He must think that he either has to play Bibby or that Bibby provides something that Acie cannot.

Shew .... hung on and won this one.

This is a really huge win.

Yeah we used to call these morale wins. When you've been up and down and aren't as confident as you could be and then boom. You beat a good team in their building and put them one more game farther behind you.

Interesting thing is that with the injury to Nelson in Orlando every win is huge. I don't think we catch Orlando but I would like to see us close the gap and make them have to play harder down the stretch and not just coast to the 3rd seed. Same with the other teams in front of us. I want them all 1 game apart with 2 to play. Make them earn their seed and not be fully rested going into the post season.

Hit those free throws!! Hawks went 23-19 - NICE!

Detroit went 19-12 - That means THE PISTONS left 7 points

at the line and lost by 4.

See. it works. Hawks got 19 points. Pistons got 12. Big difference

and more than enough to give Atlanta the victory.

Great, all round game for the Hawks AND Woody DID rotate players

in and out - a lot. Did he mess up or smarten up?

:biggrin:

This from the AP wrap up (gosh I love to read this from national unbiased people)

The Atlanta Hawks showed Detroit why its playoff success might end if the teams meet in April.

Joe Johnson scored 27 points and Flip Murray had 23 Wednesday night, leading the Hawks to a 99-95 win over Detroit.

If the postseason started Wednesday, the Hawks would've hosted the Pistons, and they seemingly have too much energy, talent and offensive options for Detroit to handle.

Weird....Woody actually thought something out. With 43 seconds left he sub'd in Mo Evans for Josh. Realizing Josh's struggles at the line he subbed in Evans to get a FT shooter in the game thinking detroit would foul Smith. Then on the Defensive posession he resub'd.

Larry Brown (I am pretty sure it was him) used to do this with Kyle Korver in Philly. Korver was awful on defense, so they would try to sub offense/defense for him.

Great win tonight. Good to see the team running on all cylinders.

Went to the Wizards game last night, but cannot give a valid opinion because the Wizards clearly performed like there were being paid minimum wage to clean bathrooms or something. Someone should've told them that they are multi-millionaires playing an enjoyable, childhood game.

Didn't see the game tonight, but skimmed over the numbers and stats. Nice to see Al back to being Al. All I can say is "Flipper!" That's my dude. Don't care for Joe, but I can't knock his performance. I guess he didn't want to be in street clothes tonight.

A.I. is chipping away at his legacy nightly because, except for the year under Larry Brown, the guy has failed to progress his entire career. He's actually regressed, seeing as how he used to finish over big guys regularly, catching alley-oops and tip dunks, then came to a sudden halt after his sophmore season.

It really pisses me off when this happens. He must think that he either has to play Bibby or that Bibby provides something that Acie cannot.

Shew .... hung on and won this one.

The answer is quite obvious. Woodson is not very smart. He relies heavily upon veterans, and when his veterans struggle, he has no backup plan. He would rather stick with a struggling veteran than give a young guy a chance.

The answer is quite obvious. Woodson is not very smart. He relies heavily upon veterans, and when his veterans struggle, he has no backup plan. He would rather stick with a struggling veteran than give a young guy a chance.

If it's simply a case of him not being smart then his assistants need to be in his ear about it. Law can't ask Woodson to put him in so the assistants have to get Woody to recognize this. I think that there are things you fire a coach for but I don't think that this is one of them, you just have to surround him with veteran assistant coaches who he respects and will listen to. I just think that Woody is not capable of managing his bench and what's happening on the floor and he may never get there and if we depend on that to happen we'll end up wasting talents like Acie year after year.

The bottom line is that I think Woody is among the middle class of coaches. I think he's innovative with his defense and I believe that he's probably a very nice and likable guy which is why the players don't quit on him (in the general sense, not speaking of a single instance like the Clippers game). I can see why the ASG would want to keep him because he's affordable as well. But for the love of God please surround this man with a strong offensive minded assistant and a good big man coach that can teach things like boxing out and scoring on the block. If you're not going to put good assistants around him then replace him with an upper echelon type of coach who doesn't need as much support from his assistants.

Oh and I should say that Mark Price was a good hire, we need more hires like that.

If it's simply a case of him not being smart then his assistants need to be in his ear about it. Law can't ask Woodson to put him in so the assistants have to get Woody to recognize this. I think that there are things you fire a coach for but I don't think that this is one of them, you just have to surround him with veteran assistant coaches who he respects and will listen to. I just think that Woody is not capable of managing his bench and what's happening on the floor and he may never get there and if we depend on that to happen we'll end up wasting talents like Acie year after year.

The bottom line is that I think Woody is among the middle class of coaches. I think he's innovative with his defense and I believe that he's probably a very nice and likable guy which is why the players don't quit on him (in the general sense, not speaking of a single instance like the Clippers game). I can see why the ASG would want to keep him because he's affordable as well. But for the love of God please surround this man with a strong offensive minded assistant and a good big man coach that can teach things like boxing out and scoring on the block. If you're not going to put good assistants around him then replace him with an upper echelon type of coach who doesn't need as much support from his assistants.

Oh and I should say that Mark Price was a good hire, we need more hires like that.

But I wonder how many head coaches really listen to their assistants. Is Woody like a dictator who won't listen or does he actually take into account what his assistants actually say? Are he and his assistants of the same mind and philosophies? I actually wonder what goes on with the coaches, because surely somebody else on that bench has to see the same problems we see.

But I wonder how many head coaches really listen to their assistants. Is Woody like a dictator who won't listen or does he actually take into account what his assistants actually say? Are he and his assistants of the same mind and philosophies? I actually wonder what goes on with the coaches, because surely somebody else on that bench has to see the same problems we see.

That's a great question and I wish that I knew the answer to it.

That's a great question and I wish that I knew the answer to it.

I think you can find part of the answer in the statement from last year when Woody talked about the short bench. Woody stated that the assistants wanted him to go deeper on the bench, but Woodson went with the 7 man rotation. I think that is part of the answer, but probably not all of it.

Went to the Wizards game last night, but cannot give a valid opinion because the Wizards clearly performed like there were being paid minimum wage to clean bathrooms or something. Someone should've told them that they are multi-millionaires playing an enjoyable, childhood game.

Didn't see the game tonight, but skimmed over the numbers and stats. Nice to see Al back to being Al. All I can say is "Flipper!" That's my dude. Don't care for Joe, but I can't knock his performance. I guess he didn't want to be in street clothes tonight.

A.I. is chipping away at his legacy nightly because, except for the year under Larry Brown, the guy has failed to progress his entire career. He's actually regressed, seeing as how he used to finish over big guys regularly, catching alley-oops and tip dunks, then came to a sudden halt after his sophmore season.

Nice of you not to knock JJ's performance since he was awesome last night. :cant believe:

Flip was definitely the man last night. The thing I like about Flip is that unlike Acie, he is NEVER scared. Flip might make too many ill-advised turnovers and he might take some ill-advised shots but he ain't scared to fail. I LOVE that about him.

Flip was definitely the man last night. The thing I like about Flip is that unlike Acie, he is NEVER scared. Flip might make too many ill-advised turnovers and he might take some ill-advised shots but he ain't scared to fail. I LOVE that about him.

Absolutely. That's the knock on him, is that opposite of Marvin, Flip is maybe too aggressive. He absolutely doesn't care if his shot is 99% gonna get blocked cuz he's gonna try anyway.