• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks are 10 games over .500

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Just wanted to add a little positivity to a broad that has been getting increasingly negative over the past few days. Guys the Hawks are 10 games up and they haven't even started playing good ball. How can that not be a good thing? Al is getting his swagger back and Flip re-joins the team @ Portland. Joe...well I don't have anything on Joe. Yeah Josh is having his bad days but his good still outweighs his bad. And yes, Bibby has been mediocre but at least we're getting good work from Acie Law number 3.

Bottom line: It's not as bad as we make it out to be.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Just wanted to add a little positivity to a broad that has been getting increasingly negative over the past few days. Guys the Hawks are 10 games up and they haven't even started playing good ball. How can that not be a good thing? Al is getting his swagger back and Flip re-joins the team @ Portland. Joe...well I don't have anything on Joe. Yeah Josh is having his bad days but his good still outweighs his bad. And yes, Bibby has been mediocre but at least we're getting good work from Acie Law number 3.

Bottom line: It's not as bad as we make it out to be.

This is an average to mediocre team somewhere. Good enough to beat the scrub teams, but not good enough to beat the good teams. 2 months without a quality win isn't good. The problem is this is year 5 of rebuilding and the team still feels like it's nowhere near up to snuff.

This is an average to mediocre team somewhere. Good enough to beat the scrub teams, but not good enough to beat the good teams. 2 months without a quality win isn't good. The problem is this is year 5 of rebuilding and the team still feels like it's nowhere near up to snuff.

I agree. We're not there - not yet.

We're SO much better than we were when we were bad, it's amazing. Yet, we're not

where we want to be - one of the elite.

Several years ago, the Hawks were one of those "Middle of the pack" teams. Always

good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to move upward when the

"Second Season" began.

We're back! Good enough to be a playoff team. But, are the Hawks good enough

to advance? We all wonder about this. If 100% healthy, they are capable of the

win against ANY team in the NBA. They are also capable of being blown away

by most any team in the NBA.

:sad:

• Premium Member

I think that's most fans #1 issue with this team. It has been a while since they had a quality win. But as a lifelong fan of everything ATL I find myself accepting of my teams at good enough. Anything more is just icing on the cake.

I think that's most fans #1 issue with this team. It has been a while since they had a quality win. But as a lifelong fan of everything ATL I find myself accepting of my teams at good enough. Anything more is just icing on the cake.

Well, I'm tired of having to be negative about this team all the time. I'm tired of airhead Laker fans getting to appreciate really good to great teams year after year and we get this. It p!sses me off to no end.

Well, I'm tired of having to be negative about this team all the time. I'm tired of airhead Laker fans getting to appreciate really good to great teams year after year and we get this. It p!sses me off to no end.

Bingo. That's the same feeling I always tend to have. I know the team is better than what I'd thought they'd be but I'm also waiting with baited breath for this franchise to join the elite.

Funny how Marvin Williams was looking like Charles Barkley with Joe out. With Joe back, he looks like Marvin Williams. That issue HAS to be addressed. It is cut and dry: Joe + Marvin on the floor= much less oppurtunities in the paint and at the line than it should be. That just doesn't sit well with me.

Funny how Marvin Williams was looking like Charles Barkley with Joe out. With Joe back, he looks like Marvin Williams. That issue HAS to be addressed. It is cut and dry: Joe + Marvin on the floor= much less oppurtunities in the paint and at the line than it should be. That just doesn't sit well with me.

Must be Joe's fault. His passivity and unwillingness to use his sturdy frame to absorb contact and thunderously yoke on fools rubs off on Marvin.

Yep, that's it. In fact MW would be getting 20/10 just like Charles if it weren't for Joe.

Also, the Iraq war is squarely on Joe's shoulders. He should have stepped up as a vocal leader against the war years ago, but he just doesn't have 'it'.

Edited by jhay610

Must be Joe's fault. His passivity and unwillingness to use his sturdy frame to absorb contact and thunderously yoke on fools rubs off on Marvin.

Yep, that's it. In fact MW would be getting 20/10 just like Charles if it weren't for Joe.

Also, the Iraq war is squarely on Joe's shoulders. He should have stepped up as a vocal leader against the war years ago, but he just doesn't have 'it'.

Do I sense a little sarcasm, hum? True, Joe doesn't have it, never had, never will. It is Marvin's fault that he doesn't demand the ball and Joe's fault that he doesn't look for him the countless times that Marvin fights for good position on the block and achieves it, my friend. They both are uncomfortable on the floor together, as they rarely interact together when in fact they both have the size and skills to run a wicked two-man game.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

Ok this post is 110% bs. Hawks suck right now! .500 here we come!

Edited by NineOhTheRino