• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

790 Says Sund is worried about JJ

HawkItus

Yeah as much as I dislike Woodson it's better to fire him in the offseason when we can find a replacement and give him time to work with the guys. Sadly I wish that was one of the last THREE offseasons. It would be hard enough to find a replacement during the season, and an interim coach isn't going to be able to install an offense during the season.

I understand that "action" probably won't happen until the offseason, if it happens at all... It's just really hard to see all the talent on this team not being utilized, to see all the youth on this team not being utilized.... Really, really sad... I'm almost convinced that an interim coach could install more of an offensive gameplan than Woody has... I know, I know... :beathorse:

• Premium Member

I'm not much of a Woody basher, but I thought I'd chime in with a coaching option. What about Fratello? He really knows the game and seems to tailor his game plan around the strengths/weaknesses of the players. Once again I'm not suggesting Woody be fired, but Fratello seems like a decent option. If only Hubie Brown still wanted to coach I'd pick him up in a heartbeat. I just think we need an experienced guy for the HC.

Edited by hawkman

I'm not much of a Woody basher, but I thought I'd chime in with a coaching option. What about Fratello? He really knows the game and seems to tailor his game plan around the strengths/weaknesses of the players. Once again I'm not suggesting Woody be fired, but Fratello seems like a decent option. If only Hubie Brown still wanted to coach I'd pick him up in a heartbeat. I just think we need an experienced guy for the HC.

I would be very happy with Fratello.

Woodson is showing his lack of understanding of the season more and more. Playing JJ in that loss is just the best expression of Woodson's complete inability to see past a single game.

The time for action will be the offseason. As it stands, this team is still on pace to be better than last year.

Until that changes, Sund would be making a risky decision to fire Woodson.

I agree. Sund has made the right move so far of not firing Woody. Amidst, a playoff race we can not afford to let him walk this late in the season. Plus, we are currently 4th in our conference. We are doing better than we thought but right now we are not playing up to our potential.

What is the difference between Joe and every (at least 90%) other All-Star you can think off.

Hustle.

Joe does not hustle.

Joe does not dive for the ball

" " refuse to lose.

" " dominate individually or collectively.

" " expend energy. If he does, he's out of shape.

Down by 20-25 D-Wade is still pushing to the rim.

" " Kobe is asserting his will.

" " Ray Allen is making hustle plays defensively and he is not a standout defender.

All this running down Joe is Crap.

Guys making millions should not have to be motivated, to hustle, to save fortitude to excell beyond limits.

Joe may have a physical issue not disclosed.

If not, He's dogging it. Sits like a spoiled brat.

You guys co-sign that Bull.

Joe needs to bust it so the rest of the guys might.

Josh is another issue, with no remedy.

• Premium Member
Pretty much someone with a clue

I'm sticking with Fratello until a better name comes up. I can't look past his understanding of the game and players. He received a lot of criticism for his "slow down" offense with the Cavs, but he did what he had to do with the players he had. The main point I got from that was that he had a very good understanding of his personnel and their limitations at that time and he adjusted accordingly. His team executed well in the halfcourt for the type of players he had. I'd just like to see Woodson do a little more to maximize the talent we have rather than just calling one on one plays. That Utah game was VERY telling. The difference in coaching was night and day.

Edited by hawkman

I'm sticking with Fratello until a better name comes up. I can't look past his understanding of the game and players. He received a lot of criticism for his "slow down" offense with the Cavs, but he did what he had to do with the players he had. The main point I got from that was that he had a very good understanding of his personnel and their limitations at that time and he adjusted accordingly. His team executed well in the halfcourt for the type of players he had. I'd just like to see Woodson do a little more to maximize the talent we have rather than just calling one on one plays. That Utah game was VERY telling. The difference in coaching was night and day.

I wasn't the greatest Fratello fan with Hawks. But in retro with the help of a conversation with 'Nique, I look at him differently.

Hubie is my all-time favorite, but he is too old now.

I have supported Woody but not blindly. It is a different kind of player now. It seems the guys successful have to really get into their heads.

But you still have to have the horses.

What is the difference between Joe and every (at least 90%) other All-Star you can think off.

Hustle.

Joe does not hustle.

Joe does not dive for the ball

" " refuse to lose.

" " dominate individually or collectively.

" " expend energy. If he does, he's out of shape.

Down by 20-25 D-Wade is still pushing to the rim.

" " Kobe is asserting his will.

" " Ray Allen is making hustle plays defensively and he is not a standout defender.

All this running down Joe is Crap.

Guys making millions should not have to be motivated, to hustle, to save fortitude to excell beyond limits.

Joe may have a physical issue not disclosed.

If not, He's dogging it. Sits like a spoiled brat.

You guys co-sign that Bull.

Joe needs to bust it so the rest of the guys might.

Josh is another issue, with no remedy.

I would agree if you said elite players but All Star or stars like J.J. aren't Wade or Kobe. They can be streaky from time to time. This is a knee-jerk reaction. Sund needs to try to bring in a true starting quality center this off season while he's talking.

• Premium Member
I wasn't the greatest Fratello fan with Hawks. But in retro with the help of a conversation with 'Nique, I look at him differently.

Hubie is my all-time favorite, but he is too old now.

I have supported Woody but not blindly. It is a different kind of player now. It seems the guys successful have to really get into their heads.

But you still have to have the horses.

Hubie would be THE best choice for this team because of his teaching ability. The way he coached up Memphis was amazing. Too bad his age prevents him from coaching. But the biggest thing we need is an experienced guy to teach these guys how to play consistent, winning basketball. We someone who can teach these guys the nuances of the game. I hope Woody can still be that guy, but this season hasn't been all that encouraging. We seem to have reached the "limit" as far as how well this team can play with Woodson as coach.

Hubie would be THE best choice for this team because of his teaching ability. The way he coached up Memphis was amazing. Too bad his age prevents him from coaching. But the biggest thing we need is an experienced guy to teach these guys how to play consistent, winning basketball. We someone who can teach these guys the nuances of the game. I hope Woody can still be that guy, but this season hasn't been all that encouraging. We seem to have reached the "limit" as far as how well this team can play with Woodson as coach.

Woody will NEVER be that guy. He's proven too many times that he's stupid beyond measure. With the way he coaches one wouldn't even think he knew all the ins and outs of the game to teach.