• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody has drawn a line in the sand for Josh

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

I think the days of Woody allowing Josh to freelance are over. He's sending him a clear message now. Give me rebounds and sound defense or sit. The key here guys is Marvin and Horford. If the Hawks continue to get good offense from those 2 then Josh's primary job will be guarding down low and cleaning the boards.

Bibby is getting the same treatment for his offensive struggles. If Bibby is not scoring then it may as well be 4-on-5 out there. Woody is blaming Bibby's lack of pt on the flu but we know better.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
I think the days of Woody allowing Josh to freelance are over. He's sending him a clear message now. Give me rebounds and sound defense or sit. The key here guys is Marvin and Horford. If the Hawks continue to get good offense from those 2 then Josh's primary job will be guarding down low and cleaning the boards.

Bibby is getting the same treatment for his offensive struggles. If Bibby is not scoring then it may as well be 4-on-5 out there. Woody is blaming Bibby's lack of pt on the flu but we know better.

Please stop this. It is borderline pathetic. Bibby has been great for us this season and all you can do is try to bash the guy. It's clear that he is/was sick, so there is no need to take shots at the guy while he's down. If he was well and he was slumping like this that would be a COMPLETELY different story. Even the commentators were talking about how sick the guy was.

• Premium Member
Please stop this. It is borderline pathetic. Bibby has been great for us this season and all you can do is try to bash the guy. It's clear that he is/was sick, so there is no need to take shots at the guy while he's down. If he was well and he was slumping like this that would be a COMPLETELY different story. Even the commentators were talking about how sick the guy was.

No knock on Bibby intended. Bibby is a good American and I'm glad he's with this team.

Problem is, when Bibby is healthy and plays we become a team that lives and dies with jumpshots. When Flip is in we penetrate and shoot much fewer outside shots. It's a shame that we are so athletic and are looking to count on Bibby to get hot and Joe to get hot for us to have a chance. With this roster, again, we should be inside-out and running as much as possible. Bibby, while effective at times, makes a much more streaky team that is setup for failure in the playoffs.

If I had my druthers, we would run the offense through Marvin and Horford. Bibby and Joe would play off of them and you would see much more consistency.

Let's see? Who would I rather have? An impact forward who could excel in a solid system (JS)...or a D-league level coach who holds grudges and has no offensive system to speak of? Hmmmmm?

that's a HUGE complement

Edited by Cwell

I don't know if it is that simple? I think they both need to go. Ship Smoove out west for a big and fire Woody.

Smith is annoying at times but I think you have to give him an opportunity to play for a coach who actually has a structured offense, and see if he will fit in before we just ship him. Smith is obviously not a good fit for a purely ISO offense like Woodson's. If we get a coach who installs something and Smith screws it up than we can talk. But honestly, our offense doesn't look better without him and our defense is MUCH worse.

• Moderators

I don't see how you can quit on Josh with his upside without giving him a chance with someone other than the league's worst offensive mind. The kind of coach whose response to crunch time, every time, is "iso-[insert name]" doesn't deserve 6 years with Josh Smith.

• Premium Member
I don't see how you can quit on Josh with his upside without giving him a chance with someone other than the league's worst offensive mind. The kind of coach whose response to crunch time, every time, is "iso-[insert name]" doesn't deserve 6 years with Josh Smith.

No way I believe Woody is the reason Josh plays this way. You think Woody tells Josh to shoot jumpers? You Think Woody is telling Josh to dribble the ball of his leg on the fast break? Or is it Woody who tells Josh to forget about rebounding? Really now guys Woody is an average coach but 90% Smoove's issues are caused by Smoove. Once Josh gets comfortable in his own skin he'll be alright but I don't see that happening in a Hawks uni.

No way I believe Woody is the reason Josh plays this way. You think Woody tells Josh to shoot jumpers? You Think Woody is telling Josh to dribble the ball of his leg on the fast break? Or is it Woody who tells Josh to forget about rebounding? Really now guys Woody is an average coach but 90% Smoove's issues are caused by Smoove. Once Josh gets comfortable in his own skin he'll be alright but I don't see that happening in a Hawks uni.

We know for a fact that Woody hasn't been able, or hasn't tried, to stop Smith from shooting 3s or trying to lead the break. In fact Woody readily admitted that he wasn't telling Smith not to shoot 3s.

LOL. Actually it's a coach's job to tell a player what NOT to do as well. A coach's job is to put a player in the best position to succeed and Woodson has not done that. He also openly quoted that he wasn't going to tell Smith to stop shooting threes.