• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Wizards

exodus

Last I looked the Wiz were leading.

The Hawks are still a year or two and more importantly a player or two away from being a serious factor come playoff time.

i think the Hawks are more of a playoff team than a regular season team. their lack of depth won't hurt in the playoffs (assuming they are healthy) because there are no back to backs. plus you don't have to worry about them coming out sleepwalking like they do so often in the regular season. their lack of professionalism is more of a problem in the regular season.

But in terms being a title contender yes they are a ways off.

Last I looked the Wiz were leading.

The Hawks are still a year or two and more importantly a player or two away from being a serious factor come playoff time.

Here's what I'm liking. At this point in the game Horford has 9 shots, Josh and Marvin 8 each, Joe 6, Bibbs 7. Of the starting 5, The bigs have taken 25 of the first 38 shots. That's a recipe for success. It's much easier to rebound and shoot from the outside when you force the defense to collapse. Maybe Woody's been reading the boards but in all but 2 games since Joe was for 2 this has been the offensive formula.

This to me is way more important adding another player. This is playoff contender style basketball and it needs to be played during the year to be able to play it in the playoffs.

It's just like football where you pound the run to set up the pass. That's winning football and going inside first is winning basketball.

i think the Hawks are more of a playoff team than a regular season team. their lack of depth won't hurt in the playoffs (assuming they are healthy) because there are no back to backs. plus you don't have to worry about them coming out sleepwalking like they do so often in the regular season. their lack of professionalism is more of a problem in the regular season.

But in terms being a title contender yes they are a ways off.

But then again it's better than another "tanking" thread

Smith and Horford have combined for 7 turnovers so far. Smith easily could have had more. He is playing like an idiot. I am so sick of watching him trying to lead the break.

He was doing that last night. It's awkward to watch him dribbling the basketball on the perimeter, even in the half court set.

Marvin..... bowdown.gif

Hawks go on a run as soon as Smith goes to the bench. hopefully he will start to get a clue.

Amen to that on Marvin!! Has Marvin finally overtaken Jamison as to who is the better forward? Maybe not but damn they are a lot closer than I ever thought they'd be.

I am so frustrated by Josh Smith right now that I don't even care to see him on the floor. I'd rather see Solo or Mario or any of the other bench players that will play with effort than Smith.

Just got in - - Nice that Hawks won. Can't even pull up the Replay on Broadband

League Pass as I was Blacked out - - Again. I've got two of the last eighteen.

What a lot of hoey.

From what I've read, Marvin must have had a pretty good game and Josh didn't - Again.

I believe Josh has played his way to the bench. He seems to have lost "it" and can't

seem to find "it" anywhere.

Super athlete. Yet, more and more, Josh seems like someone trying to fit a square

peg in a round hole. He's not having any fun. I don't know how well he is physically.

Is he hurt? Is he sore and beat up physically?

Mentally, we know he can't hit his free throws. That is bothering him a lot, just as it

is all of us Hawk fans. The harder he tries, the worse it gets.

Nice to get back on track. Two last second losses in less than a week - - UGH!!!

:no-no:

• Premium Member
Is he hurt? Is he sore and beat up physically?

:no-no:

This board is so protective of josh Smith its ridiculous. What does an injury have to do with josh's poor decisions on the court? Josh Smith looks the same as he always has. Now I must admit that at one point, he was a better rebounder but I think his rebounds are down because he doesn't try as hard anymore. There was a time when people would even blame Marvin Williams for Smith's poor play but things should be apparent to everyone now. Josh Smith is a role player and that's it! He doesn't posess the skill to be anything else and the sooner he realizes this the better he will be as a player.