• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blazers at Hawks GDT

Duff_Man

We came out early and played tough defense. Its set the tone the whole day. Awesome win guys. Lamarcus didnt want any of the Smoove dunk..lol.

Thanks to Horf for getting us that tech and fire up Smoove.

• Premium Member
The Hawks only had 5 turnovers and one of those was from Morris late. that has to be a season low.

When was the last time both Joe and Smith had no turnovers? This is getting scary!

Edited by Peoriabird

I have nothing but praises for Joe after that one. His penetration opened the floor and he was draining tough and contested shots. He finished strong and boarded strong. Team D was sparkling throughout. All the jumpers Roy and Aldridge drained were of no consequence: the rest of their squad was in maximum jail. Josh seemed loose and "smoove" from the opening intros, and he played like it, even hitting his two jumpers that hung in the air for an eternity. Mario is a wild animal.

Who knows the numbers on forcing :24 violations? I'm willing to bet we're in the top 3.

Easily one of the best wins of the season . The Blazers have the best record against the East of any Western Conference squad, and we controlled or dominated throughout. I felt priviledged to watch that performance were we played solid fundamentally, rarely turned over (Acie has none in increased run), and turned in a fair share of "Top Plays" to get you off the couch. Lets go, Hawks.

The Hawks only had 5 turnovers and one of those was from Morris late. that has to be a season low.

Probably a decade low. That was an awesome game. Roy and Aldridge were hot and Hawks still blow them out. If they (mainly Joe and the defense) can carry this play throughout the playoffs we should at the very least have a competitive 2nd round series.

I just got home and looked at the box score.

I wonder why Joe played 43 minutes in a 18 point win.

It was a 6-8 most of the way and Portland kind of fell apart late. Joe came out with about 3 mins to go in the 4th. The Blazers were actually up early though.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member
We came out early and played tough defense. Its set the tone the whole day. Awesome win guys. Lamarcus didnt want any of the Smoove dunk..lol.

Thanks to Horf for getting us that tech and fire up Smoove.

What in hell was Joey Crawford looking at??? He was right there and it was right in his line of sight. Horf didn't touch that ball. However, I think the tech was because of the boos from the crowd. He got pissed! I thought he was going to give Wood one too!

• Premium Member
I have nothing but praises for Joe after that one. His penetration opened the floor and he was draining tough and contested shots. He finished strong and boarded strong. Team D was sparkling throughout. All the jumpers Roy and Aldridge drained were of no consequence: the rest of their squad was in maximum jail. Josh seemed loose and "smoove" from the opening intros, and he played like it, even hitting his two jumpers that hung in the air for an eternity. Mario is a wild animal.

Who knows the numbers on forcing :24 violations? I'm willing to bet we're in the top 3.

Easily one of the best wins of the season . The Blazers have the best record against the East of any Western Conference squad, and we controlled or dominated throughout. I felt priviledged to watch that performance were we played solid fundamentally, rarely turned over (Acie has none in increased run), and turned in a fair share of "Top Plays" to get you off the couch. Lets go, Hawks.

Did you hear Nique talking while Roy and Aldridge were still hot? I think he said something along the lines of "As long as you maintain the lead, then those points don't matter... inconsequential.. Our defense has dominated this game".

I had to laugh at Nique because he is feeling pretty darn good about these Hawks too.

Did you hear Nique talking while Roy and Aldridge were still hot? I think he said something along the lines of "As long as you maintain the lead, then those points don't matter... inconsequential.. Our defense has dominated this game".

I had to laugh at Nique because he is feeling pretty darn good about these Hawks too.

It does make sense though? Its a big difference when another player is hot but you come down and convert on your own possessions. I was thinking, Roy can't be hot the whole game. The shots he made were tough and contested also. Great defense Hawks.

That Tech set off the whole game. Phillips fans finally got into the game. I didnt even though the fans in the stands was even pay attention to the game..LOL