• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nique hating on Shareef?

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Is he hating? I think so. Notice how he gives a subtle reminder that he never played in Philips. New low by you Sir. Even though you never won jack, we all know you were a good player so could you please give it a rest already.

You Decide:

• Premium Member
Is he hating? I think so. Notice how he gives a subtle reminder that he never played in Philips. New low by you Sir. Even though you never won jack, we all know you were a good player so could you please give it a rest already.

You Decide:

Well, to be honest, I don't think that there's a slight on SAR at all. Nique just said that he wished he had played in the Phil. You have to remember what the OMNI was like and then see the Phil to appreciate what Nique is talking about. The OMNI was pretty dark... and most nights it was not loud..

• Premium Member
Well, to be honest, I don't think that there's a slight on SAR at all. Nique just said that he wished he had played in the Phil. You have to remember what the OMNI was like and then see the Phil to appreciate what Nique is talking about. The OMNI was pretty dark... and most nights it was not loud..

What Nique wanted to say: "What...that's the high score? Oh hell I used to do that in my sleep. I'm Nique....KING KONG AINT GOT [bleep] ON ME!"

Edited by NineOhTheRino

That statement is soooooo false that I don't know where to begin.

No. It isn't. All that ability and size and he'd rather loft up 18-footers and threes. He wasted more time trying to complain to refs than anything...usually while his man was getting an easy 2 on the other end. There's a reason he never elevated his teams.

• Premium Member
No. It isn't. All that ability and size and he'd rather loft up 18-footers and threes. He wasted more time trying to complain to refs than anything...usually while his man was getting an easy 2 on the other end. There's a reason he never elevated his teams.

sounds like Mike Bibby

• Moderators

The guy shot as many 3's (153) in 203 games with the Hawks as Josh Smith shot (152) in 72 games of the 2006-07 season. He wasn't exactly chucking 3's left and right. He shot less than one a game...not exactly Rasheed Wallace (280 in 58 games so far this year).

From what I have read here and there, SAR is an amazing human being who does a lot of social work. He is a heck of a nice guy who may not have the drive of a champion, although he has shown all star talent and played in the all star game. He even won an olympic gold medal with the dream team 2k. The guy scored 15,000 points in the NBA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shareef_Abdur-Rahim

I remember 2000 draft night when we were discussing in accessatlanta.com about getting SAR and we were all very excited about it. BK fooled us and got Gasol with our 3rd pick.

What r u talking about? :beat:

• Moderators

Shareef would have been a fine #2 guy on a team but did not have the skills or attitude needed to be a #1, IMO. On a solid team, you could have Shareef as a #2 and JT as a #3 or #4 guy but having them #1/2 (I can't credit Big Dog with being higher than a tepid #3) was not a good thing.

Shareef was a good scorer; a decent rebounder; and a modest defender. He never had an impact on the boards or defensive ends of the court and wasn't a dynamic scorer. Babcock and much of the fan base expected too much from him. I didn't doubt his effort or think he was selfish, though, and there is nothing that makes me wish him anything but the best going forward.

• Premium Member

Huh??

What Shareef were you watching?

Yeah, what Diesel said.

Reef was a consummate professional, who in my opinion, got the most of his physical abilities.

Exactly!

We didn't suck because of Reef, we sucked because we had a terrible team in general.. JT was the second best player and he was playing out of position.. Big Dog was useless, he was a turnover waiting to happen which resulted into easy transition baskets for other teams..

Than we had Glover, Ratliff(old and injured), Crawford(Injured), Emmanuel Davis(lol) Mottola(lol), Mohammed, Kukoc(old), Vaughn(lol), Henderson, Bowdler(lol)(injured and sucked)

Not to mention NBDL guys like: Newble, Benjamin, Ekezie, Ndiaye, Ham, Nailon, Bradley, Mccoy, Wilks and more.....

How many of these guys would be on this teams roster?

This was back in 04, which is only 4-5 years ago and TERRRY is the only one still in the Nba..

Edited by Popeye

• Premium Member
Yeah, what Diesel said.

Reef was a consummate professional, who in my opinion, got the most of his physical abilities.

Thankyou. I'm glad we can all at least agree on the fact that Reef was a good guy and teammate. I can understand if someone criticizes him based on our lack of success during his time here, but to criticize a guy who BADLY wanted to elevate his hometown team to greatness as selfish is flat out ridiculous. Reef was a relatively undersized post player who had the skills to compensate for his size and he had to play hard EVERY night. Anyone who says the guy played outside-in simply did not watch any games while he was here. The guy had crazy post game and made his living down low. One of the first things he did once he got here was organize "voluntary" summer workouts with his teammates. He provided leadership on and off the court at a time when there was absolutely NONE on the team. Reef was one of the few bright spots on those dismal teams.

no matter what anyone's thoughts are on SAR, it is OBVIOUS that Dominique is a little too me-me on the mike. I don't like him as an announcer honestly, although the rest of the team (Verett, Rathbun, Skipper, Jerome) are fine by me. Dominique is not as humorous as Steve Smith, but more importantly he is not very humble.

It's like he's still trying sell himself as a player. We get it Nique, you were good, there is no reason to keep going at it. He is my favorite player of all time but I wish they would go with someone else because his personality rubs me the wrong way on the mike. He is also a little too homer-istic for the Hawks for my own good. I understand they are supposed to be homers but please lets not venture into the world of the celtics announcers. I'd rather them be partial on calls and players' abilities while at the same time rooting for the Hawks.

Yeah, what Diesel said.

One of my favorite Hawks games is the win over the Jordan-Wizards where Reef hit that circus shot at the buzzer. You know, the game where the "home" crowd booed SAR during his free throws. (And where the refs told me to sit down and be quiet for heckling Jordan.)