• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jamaal Mashburn on J-Smoove

Brotha2ThaNite

They actually polled the NBA players themselves a couple weeks ago in SI and asked them "Who the most athletic player in the NBA" was...Lebron was way out in front with sixty-something percent. But in second place was our very own Smoove with something like 7%.

And if I remember correctly, every player on the list was an all-star except Smoove.

Oh no. As far as raw athleticism goes, it's a close three way tie between Dwight, LeBron, and Josh. Josh has the edge in hops, LeBron has the edge in speed, and Dwight has the edge in strength.

LeBron can jump as high as Josh if not higher. Plus he is bigger, faster, more agile, and stronger. It's no contest.

Lebron "gets it"

That's what seperates him from Josh. But then again hey, there is only 1 LBJ out there.

The Hawks just need to get someone in the organization that can get through Smoove's thick skull that he he isn't Steve Nash.

Exactly.

Lebron "gets it"

That's what seperates him from Josh. But then again hey, there is only 1 LBJ out there.

The Hawks just need to get someone in the organization that can get through Smoove's thick skull that he he isn't Steve Nash.

Doesn't really have anything to do with athleticism. But yes, Josh is also dumber than LeBron.

to me, "athletic" means having the ability to perform many different skilled moves on the court. Josh looks outright clumsy and awkward a lot of the time. Sure he can jump a mile in the air, but he cant dribble and cant change direction very well.

Eh, Josh has very "blatant" athleticism I'd say. He has crazy hops. After that, he's pretty quick for his size and also pretty fast. He's naturally broad and puts enough time in the weightroom that he's stronger than most dudes his size. That being said, Lebron, as mentioned, has the same strengths but is faster, quicker, and stronger in addition to being incredibly agile.

There are guys with hops near to Josh's sitting on benches though. Guys like Amir Johnson, Joey Graham, and Joe Alexander may never be anything in the league... Ty Thomas seems to have sort of figured things out this season, but we'll see. Nate Robinson is definitely more althetic, but he's so small.

Josh's athleticism jumps out at you because he throws down so many ferocious dunks and skies for blocks, but I really think that there are more than a handful of players that have a more optimal total package when you put together size, strength, balance, quickness/speed, and agility.

When I think of the best athletes I've ever seen on the court, I actually always come back to Shaq (wasn't alive for the Wilt era). Shaq was more agile and explosive around the hoop than Al and had 60/70 lbs on him when he was trim in LA.

Agree with this. Dwight is like a gorrilla.

Now that is just stupid.

While Dwight is a physical specimen, he is not agile in the understanding of highly athletic.

Wade is ahtletic, kobe is athletic, Carney is athletic. 'Rio is athletic and Josh is too.

• Premium Member
"He is the most athletic player in the NBA" :no-no:

If I had to give my top ten in Athletic:

1. Dwight Howard. Have you guys forgot?

2. Lebron James. Don't like him but. He's a force.

3. Kobe. This guy is artistry in motion. That's why we ignore his athleticism.

4. Wade. Speed + Explosion = Athletic.

5. GForce. Gerald Wallace. This guy is a controlled turnado.

6. Smoove. He has the power, but that's about it.

7. Iguadala. It was hard not putting Iggy ahead of Smoove, but he's not as powerful.

8. Maxielle. This guy is about 6'5 and plays like he's '6'13".

9. JRich. Has to make this list.

10. Baron Davis. I would like to see Davis and Wade in an Athletic Competition.

"He is the most athletic player in the NBA" :no-no:

He's definitely one of them but I would say LeBron has the edge. I would say the top 5 pure athletes in the league are LeBron, Howard, Smoove, Wade and Nate Robinson..these guys are freakish athletes