• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Speedy Claxton is mad.

LOL_Hawks

Three words for Speedy. . . . "Pack . . . Your . . . Bags". Don't slander the people paying you loads to not play or play in a detrimental fashion for the team. Be frustrated you quit performing and quit blaming other people. This reminds me of the teenieboppers that blast the people they don't like on Myspace. It's not for grown **a men to do.

According to his twitter.

(And before anybody questions who it is...Lang Whitaker & Micah Hart (I think) have confirmed that this is the real deal.)

TO be honest, I agree.

We need to start a Doug Edwards Twitter account.

@DougFSU"Just hit my first official NBA shot. 1 for 1! Gonna be a great career!"

We need to start a Doug Edwards Twitter account.

@DougFSU"Just hit my first official NBA shot. 1 for 1! Gonna be a great career!"

Stay patient Speedy. You and your expiring contract in 2010 will be shipped out of town soon enough............to a team that really wants you...........or should I say, wants your expiring contract, LOL.

• Premium Member

Do we know for sure that that's Speedy's tweeter(??)?

Looks like the writing of some kid.

or maybe some adolescent trying to make funny of Speedy's situation.

hell, I'm no defender of Speedy.. have at it. For as much as he has costed the Hawks, he deserves ridicule.

• Premium Member

there are just way too many ways to communicate these days.

Stay patient Speedy. You and your expiring contract in 2010 will be shipped out of town soon enough............to a team that really wants you...........or should I say, wants your expiring contract, LOL.

I hope this happens. Could be an important part of the plan for our future.

• Premium Member

I think Speedy deserves more respect from the Hawks. It's not like he tried to get hurt. Ain't his fault God made his knee bones extremely brittle.

• Premium Member
I think Speedy deserves more respect from the Hawks. It's not like he tried to get hurt. Ain't his fault God made his knee bones extremely brittle.

I think the $25M the Hawks guaranteed him is respect enough.

He doesn't deserve to play simply because he's finally healthy.

I think the $25M the Hawks guaranteed him is respect enough.

He doesn't deserve to play simply because he's finally healthy.

Here is all we need to know about Mr. Claxton.

Career games = 332

Career FG% = 40.9

Career minutes/pg = 25:41

Career PPG = 9.3

Career APG = 4.4

Career TO/G = 1.8

Stats as an Atlanta Hawk

Games played = 42

FG% = 32.7

MPG = 25.06

PPG = 5.3

APG = 4.4

TO/G = 1.8

If Acie were given 25 minutes a game, I'd have to believe he could average 5.3 points and 4.4 assists. Let someone else get the expiring contract in July. That's what I say. You can't tell me that http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/players/39367 wouldn't do better at a 2nd rounders pay next season.

• Premium Member
Here is all we need to know about Mr. Claxton.

Career games = 332

Career FG% = 40.9

Career minutes/pg = 25:41

Career PPG = 9.3

Career APG = 4.4

Career TO/G = 1.8

Stats as an Atlanta Hawk

Games played = 42

FG% = 32.7

MPG = 25.06

PPG = 5.3

APG = 4.4

TO/G = 1.8

If Acie were given 25 minutes a game, I'd have to believe he could average 5.3 points and 4.4 assists. Let someone else get the expiring contract in July. That's what I say. You can't tell me that http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/players/39367 wouldn't do better at a 2nd rounders pay next season.

Acie could put up those numbers in his sleep.

Let him and Bibby both go and look at the money. . . we could get a great G if we can just find the right fit. Yes, Bibby looked great last night. But the Hawks nation was blasting him a week ago for no defense (and rightly so). And as for Speedy,. . . . you read the Twit. This is the kind of retooling we need to do, not the "start from scratch" approach I saw the other day.

Acie could put up those numbers in his sleep.

If that were the case then the per 36 numbers from Speedy's half-year of healthy basketball should be trumped by either of Acie's per 36 numbers. Is that the case though? Let's look at the stats from one of Speedy's worst seasons, here with Atlanta:

Season Age Tm G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

2006-07 28 ATL 42 31 1054 3.1 9.5 .327 0.2 1.0 .214 1.1 2.0 .550 0.4 2.4 2.8 6.3 2.5 0.1 2.6 4.5 7.5 <--Speedy

2007-08 23 ATL 56 6 865 4.0 9.9 .401 0.3 1.4 .206 1.6 2.0 .792 0.5 1.9 2.4 4.7 1.2 0.0 2.3 3.0 9.8 <--Acie

2008-09 24 ATL 55 1 560 3.3 8.9 .374 0.6 1.9 .310 3.2 3.9 .817 0.4 3.3 3.7 5.5 0.7 0.2 1.9 2.8 10.4 <--Acie

We can see Acie scored more than Speedy, committed less fouls and turnovers than Speedy and shot a better percentage than Speedy's worst season in his career. Yet Speedy had more assists and steals. I don't see how Acie trumps Speedy's worst season in his career at all. I also don't see how given the minutes, Acie would put up the same numbers as Speedy. Acie would be a better scorer but everything else Speedy would do better and have better stats.

Speedy will not play to protect the Hawks from any more insurance issues. He should consider himself traded next year as a valuable expiring contract. Personally, I think it's a smart move by Hawks management. He shouldn't be in the position ot make any more money than his base contract in lieu of all of his injuries.

Honestly, there was a time when I thought that Speedy faked an injury because he didn't want to play for a "loser". It may not be true at all, but that's the way I saw it.