• Momentane Spendenziele

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

How Big is tonite's game?

JackB1

Is tonite a "must win"? We must prove we can win against a decent team on the road.

If Miami wins tonite, I think tonite IS a must win to stay ahead in the race for the 4 hole.

What do you all think?

Edited by JackB1

• Premium Member

IMO it's a very big game. Toronto has played well as of late and we have looked pretty bad. Even in our last win against LA the 3rd quarter was the only quarter that we looked like we knew what we were doing on offense. The Hawks have been at points like this in the season where we thought they were about to crumble and they responded with a stretch of good games--lets just hope they do it again.

One play really bothered me. Horford gets a pass right in the middle of the lane. Instead of looking to shoot he immediately passes out to Smith for a 3. Why isn't he looking to score? And of course i always hate seeing Smith spotting up behind the line.

One play really bothered me. Horford gets a pass right in the middle of the lane. Instead of looking to shoot he immediately passes out to Smith for a 3. Why isn't he looking to score? And of course i always hate seeing Smith spotting up behind the line.

weird though...last 4 games Smith is 3 of 3, 0-1, 1-3 and now 3-5 tonight from 3 point range. That's 7 of 12 from 3. You think maybe he's been working with someone on this?

weird though...last 4 games Smith is 3 of 3, 0-1, 1-3 and now 3-5 tonight from 3 point range. That's 7 of 12 from 3. You think maybe he's been working with someone on this?

He has been working on 3s for years. He just hasn't had any results. He has had short stretches of hitting them but then reality sets in.

• Premium Member
the Hawks were basically sleepwalking though most of this game and then turned it on at the end.

You mean at the end when we had Bibby, Flip, and Joe in together and we pushed the lead to 10?

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I was watching the Miami game with my friend (big Miami fan, ATL not televised here). The game forced to overtime by an improbable (and absolutely gorgeous) deep three, Miami looked shook in the OT period, and D-Wade was doing a lot of complaining to the referees for most of the game. Of course D-Wade is D-Wade, but I'm hoping these are signs of stepping out of the mental zone before playoffs. That would be awesome.