• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Scarey to think about

capstone21

• Admin

LeBron Trying to Recruit Joe Johnson? spacer.gif

Posted: 4/7/2009 10:09:00 AM

Source: Sam Smith of HoopsHype

The other scenario you hear most often is (LeBron) James recruiting Joe Johnson to play with him in Cleveland. The Cavs have managed their cap nicely as well, and that's probably one big reason they didn't move Wally Szczerbiak when everyone expected them to in February. They have a real chance to create a dynasty around James like the Bulls did around Jordan with ample cap room in 2010. That's the big reason most expect James to stay with the Cavs. Jason Kidd, who had 20 assists Sunday in helping put the Suns out of their playoff misery, already is lobbying to play with James, even in a backup role.

Johnson, meanwhile, would be a major weapon. Many still point to his free agency departure as the reason the Suns never were able to take that next step to true championship contender. Johnson is not talked about like James, Wade and Bosh. But he may be the surprise prize of that class.

They need an inside presence, if you ask me. Mo Williams is more than enough from the perimeter...

Why would Joe want to be possibly the third best player on a cavalier team when he could easily be the center of a team, that with a couple moves could become a serious threat in the playoffs. It all depends on how managment deals with this solution.

• Admin
Why would Joe want to be possibly the third best player on a cavalier team when he could easily be the center of a team, that with a couple moves could become a serious threat in the playoffs. It all depends on how managment deals with this solution.

Third best? Do you really think Mo is better? C'mon...he is just in the right place at the right time. He is an average pg with a really nice jump shot.

He would go play with Lebron to be a champion contender....that is why. The defense would focus on Lebron so he would be even better there. They would compliment each other perfectly. They would just need to add a big man to replace Z.

I hope Joe stays. Can we extend him this offseason? If so ... do it

• Admin
Look at Ray Allen, im just saying....

well he is now an NBA champion and on a team that is a serious winner.

He doesn't have the pressure of being the focus of the defense.

He is still an all star and is probably having the most fun in his nba career.

Sounds like its good to be third banana

Yeah, look at Ray Allen

Building a dynasty around LBJ? It's already begun. Remember when he was drafted and shortly after was complaining that he was put on the "worst team in the league"? Now there are two all-stars and a strong cast of supporters on that team. They're handling their business up there in Cleveland. The only thing we can do is handle our business down here . . .aka - keep our good talent and add the missing pieces (coach, C, PG). Think our front office can do that?

It would be extremely irritating to say the least if Joe Johnson walked after collecting that max deal the Hawks gave him a few years ago.

I was listening to ESPN radio yesterday and they were talking about a destination for AI. The Hawks were one of two teams that made alot of sense to the casual observer. AI would want to come here and they'd want to put butts in the seats.

But the guy then followed that up with "The Hawks are good now. They don't need Iverson."

Hearing that gave me a slight smile. As much as HS bangs on the team (this forum will never be happy no matter what) the Hawks are in a pretty good position right now and will be for the foreseeable future.

They've got an All-Star, a surplus of young talent, and most importantly reasonable contracts.

If Joe wants to go to Cleveland nobody can stop him, however I can envision a scenario where Atlanta becomes a desireable destination for those Vet FAs (Jason Kidd types) playing out their last NBA years very, very soon.

Building a dynasty around LBJ? It's already begun. Remember when he was drafted and shortly after was complaining that he was put on the "worst team in the league"? Now there are two all-stars and a strong cast of supporters on that team. They're handling their business up there in Cleveland. The only thing we can do is handle our business down here . . .aka - keep our good talent and add the missing pieces (coach, C, PG). Think our front office can do that?

I still think LBJ, going to the Nets with Harris and Lopez would be scary. All they would need would be some shooters and watch out. That being said, I think it is more likely he stays in Cleveland.

It would be extremely irritating to say the least if Joe Johnson walked after collecting that max deal the Hawks gave him a few years ago.

I was listening to ESPN radio yesterday and they were talking about a destination for AI. The Hawks were one of two teams that made alot of sense to the casual observer. AI would want to come here and they'd want to put butts in the seats.

But the guy then followed that up with "The Hawks are good now. They don't need Iverson."

Hearing that gave me a slight smile. As much as HS bangs on the team (this forum will never be happy no matter what) the Hawks are in a pretty good position right now and will be for the foreseeable future.

They've got an All-Star, a surplus of young talent, and most importantly reasonable contracts.

If Joe wants to go to Cleveland nobody can stop him, however I can envision a scenario where Atlanta becomes a desireable destination for those Vet FAs (Jason Kidd types) playing out their last NBA years very, very soon.

The Hawks will be in a good position for the foreseeable future provided they are smart this off-season and next.

I still think LBJ, going to the Nets with Harris and Lopez would be scary. All they would need would be some shooters and watch out. That being said, I think it is more likely he stays in Cleveland.

Naw, LeBron's not going to the Nets. A big part of luring LeBron to the Nets, was that the team plans to move to Brooklyn. The proposal for a new arena in Brooklyn hasn't received the proper funding yet, to start construction. Initially it looked like the Nets would open up the new arena in 2010, but that's not going to happen now.