• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This Should Make Diesel Very Happy!

D.R.P.

Williams may play for Hawks Friday

By SEKOU SMITH

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Marvin Williams has to clear just one last hurdle before returning to action for the Hawks.

Depending on how he feels at Thursday’s shoot-around practice, Williams could suit up against Indiana Friday night, Hawks coach Mike Woodson said.

“We’re going to see how he feels after shoot-around and then we’ll gauge it from there and see what he wants to do,” Woodson said. “If he tells me he’s ready to go, we’ll make a decision as to what we’re going to do with him.”

Williams went through a rugged half-court workout with some teammates Thursday as Woodson and the Hawks training staff watched every second.

Williams has missed the Hawks’ last 16 games with a lower back injury.

“We just wanted to monitor him and see where he was,” Woodson said. “He got knocked around a little bit today. The test will be once he sleeps and wakes up tomorrow and see how he feels physically.”

Williams said he felt fine after the workout. He stopped short of putting a percentage on the chance that he’ll return against the Pacers.

“I couldn’t even do that,” he said. “It just depends on how I feel. Some days I work out and wake up the next morning and I feel fine. And then some days I work out and then wake up the next morning and I’m super sore. But I’m very confident I’ll have a chance to get back.”

After Williams suffered the injury in a March 7 win over Detroit there was talk that his season might be over and that surgery was an option. Instead, he opted for a rehabilitation program.

Now, a little over a month after being told he would be sidelined from six to eight weeks, it appears Williams could return by the end of the regular season, and perhaps the playoffs.

“I thought I was done [for the season] when they first explained it all to me,” Williams said. “The playoffs were certainly going to be a push or at least a stretch. I had high hopes, though. And now I definitely feel like I’m going to be back to my old self for the

Edited by D.R.P.

Definitely good news. Did they ever say exactly what was wrong with his back?

Seriously. What, exactly, is wrong with it? I'm not sure I remember any injury being this hush-hush for the Hawks. Or did I just miss it?

Good news either way as we could sure use an extra body if only for 6-8 mins.

Seriously. What, exactly, is wrong with it? I'm not sure I remember any injury being this hush-hush for the Hawks. Or did I just miss it?

Good news either way as we could sure use an extra body if only for 6-8 mins.

Well, my inside sources tell me that he hurt his back while watching Spongebob Squarepants at college during the summer instead of practicing, while also not being Chris Paul.

Well, my inside sources tell me that he hurt his back while watching Spongebob Squarepants at college during the summer instead of practicing, while also not being Chris Paul.

Haha, I'm sure Walter would love that quote.

This is great news, we have no depth with Marvin out. I just hope he doesn't rush back too early and really hurts himself, and hopefully he can shake off some of the rust before the playoffs.

Not to mention his lazy *ss was going to school when he should have been working out and practicing. If he had been in shape he probably wouldn't have hurt his back. Lazy bum.

Not to mention his lazy *ss was going to school when he should have been working out and practicing. If he had been in shape he probably wouldn't have hurt his back. Lazy bum.

No, no you guys have it all wrong. Its Marvin's duck-butt that is causing all the problems. That thing is causing him to loose his balance and accounts for his clumsiness.

The surgury was a radical procedure called a "Duck-buttectomy". The procedure actually requires the removal of the old butt and be replace with a more slim, flatter one.

No, no you guys have it all wrong. Its Marvin's duck-butt that is causing all the problems. That thing is causing him to loose his balance and accounts for his clumsiness.

The surgury was a radical procedure called a "Duck-buttectomy". The procedure actually requires the removal of the old butt and be replace with a more slim, flatter one.

I think you are way off base. Not to say that Marvin doesn't need the procedure but i don't think there is any way he could recover this quickly.

Perhaps they only did one cheek.

Per Sekou's afternoon update...

Marvin is in.

Mo is out. (Family emergency)

Mario may start. (In order to limit Marvin's minutes)

I think we'll end up with Marvin starting (to get the chemistry back with the first group), but we may see more Mario tonight that we ever have...and that's a good thing to me!

Per Sekou's afternoon update...

Marvin is in.

Mo is out. (Family emergency)

Mario may start. (In order to limit Marvin's minutes)

I think we'll end up with Marvin starting (to get the chemistry back with the first group), but we may see more Mario tonight that we ever have...and that's a good thing to me!

I swear if Mario had a jumper he'd essentially be a prime Bruce Bowen, except a better rebounder and more athletic.

I don't see why he doesn't just completely change his form and start over, it's not like his shot goes in anyway so there's no reason to keep it like that. His shot is just disgusting, almost reminiscent of Barkley's golf swing.