• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We will be underdogs against Miami

jhay610

After what Wade did yesterday to the knicks just go ahead and get ready for all of the pundits to be jocking over Wade's jock come playoff preview time, despite the regular season success our Hawks have enjoyed over Miami.

Atlanta will be ished on yet again in the national media; I can feel it coming.

DW is a beast! I think we can keep him in check, but like EDS said. . . if he gets just a little help, watch out. It will be a series where the winner comes out slightly wore out/beat down, but will have momentum. That's fine with me because when our team actually plays with heart, we can compete with anyone!

• Premium Member
DW is a beast! I think we can keep him in check, but like EDS said. . . if he gets just a little help, watch out. It will be a series where the winner comes out slightly wore out/beat down, but will have momentum. That's fine with me because when our team actually plays with heart, we can compete with anyone!

I think it will come down to rebounds and FTs. If we rebound and keep them off the FT line, we should win this series. Maybe sweep.

We match up well against Miami. JO is good defender but not rebounder, JSmoove will outplay Haslem, Moon does little besides dunks when he's open. Chalmer's a rookie and luckily he doesn't go to the basket too often, so is Beasley who is upredictable and plays nice offense at times,but he tends to make dumb turnovers. They have no one else on the bench and often have to go small.

Wade is Wade. One of the best playoffs players in the game.

I think it will come down to rebounds and FTs. If we rebound and keep them off the FT line, we should win this series. Maybe sweep.

I would add INTENSITY. The Hawks can't come out flat in the first quarter of the first game. They have to demonstrate that they are ready to play from the opening tip. Josh Smith is key to this. When his energy is high the rest of the team seems to follow. The problem is that Smith tends to take the first quarter of the game off. Likewise, Bibby has to come into the game and hit his shots early to get Miami off their triple teaming of JJ.

The other factor is HOMECOURT. The Hawks can't let Miami steal one at home. Conversely, Miami has to sweep on their home court. The team that wins a road game, wins the series IMO.

IMO, this is going to be a very tough series on both teams. They are going to beat each other up and it will go six or seven.

PREDICTION: Hawks in 6. I really think we'll steal one in Miami.

Wade is a beast...however, we've done a decent job of containing him this year, and of course our D can stop the rest of their team. If this were the Heat that won the championship a few years ago, I'd be scared. However, this is not a scary team. It's gonna be tough, definitely, but not scary.

After what Wade did yesterday to the knicks just go ahead and get ready for all of the pundits to be jocking over Wade's jock come playoff preview time, despite the regular season success our Hawks have enjoyed over Miami.

Atlanta will be ished on yet again in the national media; I can feel it coming.

You described my feelings exactly. You can add bogus foul calls for Wade to what I "can feel coming".

I don't think you guys should be the underdogs or even are the underdogs. I think people picking Miami to win and people picking ATL to win is pretty evenly distributed.

As a Heat fan I don't really know what to expect from this series. Of course Wade is Wade, but after that we rely heavily on rookies and journeymen players. The only guys on this team who have playoff experience are Wade and Haslem, and JO a few years ago.

The Hawks talent and production is pretty evenly distrubted, and that seems to be a recipe for playoff success, which was evident when you took it to the Cs last year.

On paper i'd say you guys are the favorites. But with what Wade is capable of, and Beasley coming on strong towards the end of the season, anything can happen.