• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Resist the temptation to overanalyze this loss.

mrhonline

I'll put it simple:

-Bad defense

-Uninspired play

-Joe Johnson is one of the worst number 1 options in the NBA. He showed his value tonight completely. He couldn't even make free throws out there.

I would also add...

-Josh Smith's immaturity. Pushing people, crying to the refs instead of playing, lazy d that allow Haslem to hit those two jumpers, hanging out by the 3-point line looking like he is taking a play off.

-Free-throw shooting. I cant believe you didnt mention this one.

-Poor coaching. Wade should have never been allowed to score 13 in a row or whatever he did. .

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also add...

-Josh Smith's immaturity. Pushing people, crying to the refs instead of playing, lazy d that allow Haslem to hit those two jumpers, hanging out by the 3-point line looking like he is taking a play off.

-Free-throw shooting. I cant believe you didnt mention this one.

-Poor coaching. Wade should have never been allowed to score 13 in a row or whatever he did. .

You can't tell me Jamaal Magloire didn't deserve it. I'm glad Josh stood up to him. There's a border line between not letting a player get the shot up and deliberately trying to hurt someone! Everything else though, I agree with.

The shooting has been crappy most of the time this season. Even in some of is higher scoring games he has basically had a 3 or 4 minute offense and totally off the mark the rest of game. He is one of the more streaky scorers in the league right now. He only shot 43% this year for a reason. He was off the mark a ton this year. But believe what you choose to believe.

Joe possibly shot the worst of the top 20 scorers this season other than Devin Harris. What makes the problem worse is that he rarely gets to the FT.

But I'm done talking about this game. They didn't do what they needed to win. That's how it is.

Yeah, because he's been double teamed all year... And only 43%? Kobe shot only 46%... Guess he was "off the mark" as well huh.... More unjustified negativity from the artist currently known as Notlanta...

Yeah, because he's been double teamed all year... And only 43%? Kobe shot only 46%... Guess he was "off the mark" as well huh.... More unjustified negativity from the artist currently known as Notlanta...

Kobe was 5-24 from the field last night. What a chump.

Did Hots have anything to say about his "boy" Wade struggling in the first Game?

The first game is dead and buried. Until the Hawks win again in this series, Wade's heroics in game two will completely diminish his struggles in game one on this board. Like I mentioned earlier, we go from playing the Lakers in the finals on Mon,Tues, Wed, - to trading Joe Johnson because he is the reason we lost from Wed. night to the present. Taking things to an extreme are the norms.

• Premium Member
The first game is dead and buried. Until the Hawks win again in this series, Wade's heroics in game two will completely diminish his struggles in game one on this board. Like I mentioned earlier, we go from playing the Lakers in the finals on Mon,Tues, Wed, - to trading Joe Johnson because he is the reason we lost from Wed. night to the present. Taking things to an extreme are the norms.

I wish the fans would stop being so fickle. We can't be Championship contenders one minute and then lottery bound the next. Right now, we're a good team that is more than capable of beating Miami and making it to the next round. I have a strong feeling that we will beat Miami on their homecourt. There's no way they shoot lights out again. Just think, they played out of their minds and we still had the lead down to 5 in the 4th quarter. We got this.

I wish the fans would stop being so fickle. We can't be Championship contenders one minute and then lottery bound the next. Right now, we're a good team that is more than capable of beating Miami and making it to the next round. I have a strong feeling that we will beat Miami on their homecourt. There's no way they shoot lights out again. Just think, they played out of their minds and we still had the lead down to 5 in the 4th quarter. We got this.

Fickle fans= Fairweather fans...

• Moderators

I don't think the fairweather label applies to everyone jumping on the Hawks for their Game 2 loss, though. Some fans have seen reasons to criticize the team throughout the year and saw the same or similar flaws demonstrated in Game 2. That just makes them consistent in my mind.

The general temperament of the board, however, is definitely prone to overreaction. Again, I see that as different than being fairweather but people around her are prone to high highs after wins and low lows after losses.

Personally, I expect a split in Miami and to see us coming back to Atlanta with the series tied.

I don't think the fairweather label applies to everyone jumping on the Hawks for their Game 2 loss, though. Some fans have seen reasons to criticize the team throughout the year and saw the same or similar flaws demonstrated in Game 2. That just makes them consistent in my mind.

The general temperament of the board, however, is definitely prone to overreaction. Again, I see that as different than being fairweather but people around her are prone to high highs after wins and low lows after losses.

Personally, I expect a split in Miami and to see us coming back to Atlanta with the series tied.

I believe the ones I am referring to know who I am referring to...

That's still higher than JJ. AND.... when Kobe's shot is off he can still get to the FT line most of the time. When JJ is missing his shots his scoring game is trash. I know what you will say... You will say that the refs never give JJ calls. Everybody is against JJ and the Hawks. Everybody just hates them and wants to do what they can to make sure the Hawks and JJ fail.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

That's still higher than JJ. AND.... when Kobe's shot is off he can still get to the FT line most of the time. When JJ is missing his shots his scoring game is trash. I know what you will say... You will say that the refs never give JJ calls. Everybody is against JJ and the Hawks. Everybody just hates them and wants to do what they can to make sure the Hawks and JJ fail.

Wow 3 percent higher... No, what I'll say is Kobe, Lebron, Wade all get the calls... Do you really watch the games? Do you remember the dunk by Joe that was obviously an and 1 at the beginning of Game 2? Did he get the call? Then, conversely, Joe's 4th foul on Wade in which he obviously flopped was called... So, obviously the zebras don't view JJ as on the same "superstar" level as Wade... And, it's not everybody that hates the Hawks... ITS JUST YOU NOTLANTA!

Wow 3 percent higher... No, what I'll say is Kobe, Lebron, Wade all get the calls... Do you really watch the games? Do you remember the dunk by Joe that was obviously an and 1 at the beginning of Game 2? Did he get the call? Then, conversely, Joe's 4th foul on Wade in which he obviously flopped was called... So, obviously the zebras don't view JJ as on the same "superstar" level as Wade... And, it's not everybody that hates the Hawks... ITS JUST YOU NOTLANTA!

Do you not understand that I'm talking about over the course of the season? JJ jacks up jumper WAY WAY more than he goes inside. JJ's game is soft and that's why he don't get to the FT line by 4 times a game. But view it how you want.

Don't feed him. I'm sick and tired of him derailing threads.

I'm not derailing the thread at all. All I've done is give my opinion like everybody else. But because people don't like the opinion they keep on dragging me into lots of replies. It's insane. I can't seem to win. If I don't post and the team wins it's that I never post when the wins. If I post as I did in the chat in game 1... I'm lying and I really don't want the team to win. Make up your minds. Nobody is more tired of this than me. If there was an active message somewhere else, I'd go there. Obviously only people that has opinions that swing back and fourth is welcome here.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

what is Hotlanta1981 saying thats false? JJ 6'8'' and 240lb but is soft. he jacks up jumpers and it shows in his FG%. Sure he gets doubled but not a much as people think and it isnt like his first time it happens and he is shocked because 2 people defended him.. JJ has Kobe Bryant talent but he hardly shows it. We defend JJ but blast smoove even though smoove has outplayed JJ in the playoffs thus far period. JJ is starting to be the most overrtaed player in the nba.

Edited by hoodstar