• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Falcons just got T. Gonzalez

coachx

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f...d=brkng_nws_bnr

Matt Ryan is a very happy man right now. This offense will be explosive next year !

This probably makes trading down an even bigger priority then it was before. The problem is very few teams will be looking to trade up while everyone else is looking to trade down like us.

Edited by coachx

No no my good sir, the pick we gave up is for next year! We still have all our picks and now a Hall of Fame tight end! Isn't Dimitroff great?

Wonderful, wonderful trade for the birds. Ryan has so many weapons at his arsenal now. Roddy is a stud. Jenkins broke out big last year. HD looked awesome in his rookie year. And now the all-time greatest receiving tight end? Wheeew, just get that defense worked out and I smell a ring in our near future.

No no my good sir, the pick we gave up is for next year! We still have all our picks and now a Hall of Fame tight end! Isn't Dimitroff great?

Wonderful, wonderful trade for the birds. Ryan has so many weapons at his arsenal now. Roddy is a stud. Jenkins broke out big last year. HD looked awesome in his rookie year. And now the all-time greatest receiving tight end? Wheeew, just get that defense worked out and I smell a ring in our near future.

Cool ! Maybe next year our 2nd round pick will be more like #62 instead of #55.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/f...d=brkng_nws_bnr

Matt Ryan is a very happy man right now. This offense will be explosive next year !

This probably makes trading down an even bigger priority then it was before. The problem is very few teams will be looking to trade up while everyone else is looking to trade down like us.

Its for the second round pick in 2010, so not sure the number.

Exciting nonetheless.

Hawk88

Its for the second round pick in 2010, so not sure the number.

Exciting nonetheless.

Hawk88

You do know that draft numbers are based on your win loss record from the previous season. So we will not know what that pick is until after next season is over.

Definately in win now mode ! TG will be a 3rd down conversion machine. Weapons are freaking every where !

Edited by coachx

So, how many picks do the Falcons have again this year and in what rounds?

Total list of Falcon's 2009 picks as of 4/23/2009 :

#24 - 1st round

#55 - 2nd round

#90 - 3rd round

#125 - 4th round

#138 & #143 = 5th round

#176 - 6th round

no 7th round picks

Cool, thanks for that. I think I'll watch the draft this year for a change. Curious to see what Dimitroff does.

Do you guys think he knows anything about basketball? Or, does Blank want to buy the Hawks? ;)

:ohmy:

TG for a 2nd rounder in 2010? That is AMAZING! Good grief the Falcons could set some serious scoring records. I am just stunned. Wow. Now the they can spend 6 of the 7 picks this year on defense (we could use another OT).

:beer11:

Do you guys think he knows anything about basketball? Or, does Blank want to buy the Hawks? ;)

No, but he wants to buy the Braves

:angel19:

Well, the Falcons now have THE scariest offense in the NFC, if not the league. They have pro-bowl talent at all the skill positions. That recipe plus a good defense (which will hopefully be built through the draft) means that the Falcons actually have a damn good shot at ending that nasty little "no consecutive winning seasons" trend this upcoming season.

I'd also like to add that this is the first time...ever...that I have complete faith in the Falcons FO to get the job done. This is freaking awesome. Thomas Dimitroff has done it again..

Edited by LOL_Hawks

Unfortunately, I'm not quite as sold on the trade. I guess I just like to play devil's advocate, but I don't particularly like the idea of trading a second round pick for a 33 year old TE. I don't know what his contract numbers are, but I have a sneaking suspision that his cap hit will be an albatross in the third year he's here, if not sooner. I think he's a great player, but I just feel like his best days are behind him.

What do I know, dude doubled his touchdowns last year from the year before. I just can't shake the notion that he's been playing for 13 years, and it's not usually years 14, 15, 16 that players really shine. One thing that is good, though, is that even though we'll lose the second rounder next year, we should be getting some compensatory picks next year for losing Domonique Foxworth, Michael Boley and Keith Brooking to free agency.

In Tom we trust.

Edited by bird_dirt

:ohmy:

TG for a 2nd rounder in 2010? That is AMAZING! Good grief the Falcons could set some serious scoring records. I am just stunned. Wow. Now the they can spend 6 of the 7 picks this year on defense (we could use another OT).

:beer11:

No, but he wants to buy the Braves

:angel19:

Is Blank wanting to buy the Braves true? If so, how soon could this happen?

Is Blank wanting to buy the Braves true? If so, how soon could this happen?

I think he was interested back when Time Warner had them for sale.

Time Warner ended up selling to the Colorodo based corporation b/c they did some type of creative stock exchange that saved millions in federal taxes.

Its been a couple of years so I really do not remember the details.

TG should help Ryan out a ton with the intricate parts of reading coverages and making adjustments on the fly.......such as changing routes based on what the defense gives you where the QB and reciever must be on the same page.

TG should help Ryan out a ton with the intricate parts of reading coverages and making adjustments on the fly.......such as changing routes based on what the defense gives you where the QB and reciever must be on the same page.

Yea, and having a 10 time pro-bowler in the locker room can't be bad either.

Why didn't we keep Crumpler again?

He could not stay healthy and sucked his last year here. He was not too good for Tennessee either.

Crumpler had 24 catches and 254yeards last year for Tennessee with only 1 TD. He was not worth the money we were paying for him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2583

Gonzalez had 10 touchdowns and over 1,000 yards last year with Thighpin and Croyle throwing him the ball. Can't wait to seem him and Ryan get some chemistry. Teams will not be able to double our outside recievers. Crumpler simply does not scare anyone like Gonzalez does.

Edited by coachx