• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Injuries are starting to concern me

gsuteke

I didn't know Horford was hurt last night until I watched a recap on ESPN.com

Marvin's in a cast. I don't foresee him playing again any time soon. Horford may miss time with an ankle sprain.

The Hawks can't beat Cleveland short-handed, in fact they may not make it past Miami in a game 7 missing Horford and Marvin.

The injuries are really piling up.

Marvin's in a cast. I don't foresee him playing again any time soon. Horford may miss time with an ankle sprain.

The Hawks can't beat Cleveland short-handed, in fact they may not make it past Miami in a game 7 missing Horford and Marvin.

So that is the last word on Bawse...an ankle sprain? Hope it is not a high ankle sprain. How long is he projected to be out? I didn't know Marvin was in a cast. I thought it was his back that was keeping him out! Any update will be greatly appreciated :angel19:

• Premium Member

I think we have to be up for closing this series out. Seriously. Wades head bump put him out of the game for some time and we went on a 35-17 run. JO got his 5th foul early.

I don't mean to cast any doubt, I believe that we will beat the Cavs... But I want us to finish game 6 first. We have to do all we can to close them out in Miami. They are angered over Smoove's dunk. Wade and JO are two dangerous guys.. Now they are angry and they have their backs up against the wall. We have to come out, weather their storm, fight hard, and win it Friday night. I don't want another home game until game 3 of the Cleveland series!

• Premium Member
High ankle sprain was mentioned in one report. I have no idea the condition of Marvin's back but its the wrist that is keeping him out. I don't know much about it either is it his shooting hand?

Per the 4/30 AJC, Williams is expected to be out the remainder of this series. Radio reports indicated Horford will attempt to play in Friday's game.

I'm not sure if they can change the roster from game to game, but it would be wise to make sure Othello Hunter is also available. Morris may also be needed to play a few minutes at the end of the quarter or half. Though neither have gotten much sweat during the year, they could end up being key with the rotation.

In general, the strategy should be to drive to the basket with hopes of getting fouled, thus slowing the game down. Flip can be a key with this.

High ankle sprain was mentioned in one report. I have no idea the condition of Marvin's back but its the wrist that is keeping him out. I don't know much about it either is it his shooting hand?

Thanks! I appreciate the update. Dang, I hope they are wrong on the report of Horford, and someone else stated that he is attempting to play Friday night. It can't be no high ankle sprain then, hopefully. We need Marvin back if we make it to the Cleveland series to guard Lebron. If only it is to "contain" him.

Well since Horford has no ability to stop Jermaine O'neal, his loss really doesn't hurt us. But we need him to battle Varajao in the next round. Z will probably abuse him too but we can use him in mismatches to get Z into foul trouble.

I think the issue for this series is less about Horford and more about Solo. I though Jones handled himself alright the past couple of games but if you have him out there too long, you are playing with fire.

atlanta_hawksAudio to come shortly - but Al says: "It's a gametime decision, but I'm confident if the treatment goes well I'll be able to go."

17 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

I think it would be interesting to see Solomon start. It would be great experience for him for later in the playoffs.

I think it would be interesting to see Solomon start. It would be great experience for him for later in the playoffs.

funny you say that.......

atlanta_hawks

One interesting note about Horford - if he can't go, Coach Woodson said he will start Solomon Jones in his place.

5 minutes ago from TwitterBerry

atlanta_hawks

One interesting note about Horford - if he can't go, Coach Woodson said he will start Solomon Jones in his place.

Why can't Zaza get a start, come on! I know obviously Zaza will get the bulk of the minutes, but I don't want Solo starting.

BOOOO

• Premium Member
Why can't Zaza get a start, come on! I know obviously Zaza will get the bulk of the minutes, but I don't want Solo starting.

BOOOO

Some players simply do better coming off the bench. That's the same reason you probably would not see Flip start a game.

It also gives you a 'known asset' against their second unit. The game is about match ups more than anything else.

atlanta_hawks

Oh hell no. I do not want Solo near the court in a road playoff game, much less starting. They better put Horford in a hyperbaric (sp?) chamber between now, shootarounds, practices, and the game.