• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will the Hawks win Game 7?

gsuteke

Yeah or nay?

Think about it before you answer the question. Don't let your emotions get the best of you.

I think the Homecourt advantage and Horford playing are the key.

What do you think?

Tell ya teke...I think it comes down to how MIA shoots. We know we won't play perimeter D. If they light it up we'll be screwed. If they brick everything we'll look like the best defensive team in the playoffs. JMHO.

It will be a close game, obviously im going to say miami cuz it my team but in reality the game will be the closest because both teams are going to try their hardest....its either win or go home.

Tell ya teke...I think it comes down to how MIA shoots. We know we won't play perimeter D. If they light it up we'll be screwed. If they brick everything we'll look like the best defensive team in the playoffs. JMHO.

Quoted for truth. D. Wade creates open looks for his teammates, by slashing to the basket. If they are hitting their shots, then the Heat will win. If not, the Hawks will get lots of fastbreak opportunities, and should win easily.

This offseason, Hawks Mgmt really needs to take a complete look at this roster, and decide in what direction they want to move. Defensively? No Mike Bibby in 2009-10. Offensively? They can resign Bibby, but Woodson has to go. It's time for this team to really grow up, starting with Josh taking a look in the mirror. Until Marvin Williams and Al Horford take the next step in their development, if that ever happens, this team's fortune is unfortunately dictated by Josh Smith. They can simply become first or second round playoff "opponents", or contenders. This series, win or lose, should be a wakeup call to the entire organization.

Yeah, we should win. I kind of find it hard to believe that it will be a blowout though. I think this will definitely be the closest game of the series, with the Hawks maybe winning by 5.

80 points is the magic number. The first team to 80, will win the game.

Just can't let Wade get going right away though. He'll look to have the same type of game he had last night. Defensively, they just need to get it done. If they do, we'll have control of the game, and be off to Cleveland to play Tuesday night.

That'll make Game 3 to be on Sunday in ATL, I hope.

And for those of you thinking that a loss tomorrow will somehow help the team . . please. You bring in a new coach, and we're still going to have the same problems.

- If Phil Jackson couldn't make Lamar Odom play aggressively as a starter, how is a new coach going to make JJ turn into a guy that is willing to be on he attack at all times?

- If Pat Riley ( or any other coach ) couldn't make a player like Ricky Davis play smarter, how is a coach going to turn Smoove into a smarter player?

- Will a new coach turn Horford into a better low post player, when he's obviously not a good low post scorer and doesn't have many good post moves?

Usually, teams get better when they make player trades, not coaching changes.

- Knicks suck, with D'Antoni . . and Phoenix looked worse, with Terry Porter

- Skiles gets fired from Chicago, goes to Milwaukee, and they still miss the playoffs ( why? because their big dogs ( Bogut and Redd ) were hurt for long stretches )

- Larry Brown goes to Charlotte, and they go from 32 to 35 wins. Not a significant improvement at all.

- Detroit fires Flip Saunders, in favor of Michael Curry, and that team is much worse off. ( but a lot of that had to do with Billups being traded for Iverson )

- Philly fires Cheeks, and they were still sucking ( until Brand went down ) . . then they acutally started playing better, because Iggy could get more touches.

- Toronto cans Sam Mitchell when he was one game under .500. His successor finishes 15 games under .500

- Washington cans Eddie Jordan, after making the playoffs 4 straight years . . but waiting until the Wiz start 1 - 10 ( without Arenas ), before they fire him. They go on to win 18 more games.

( note: the reason the Wiz had so much trouble in the playoffs, is because they had no inside game, to go along with those great perimeter players and they played no defense . . . sound familiar? )

The only coaching changes that worked this year, was Dallas adding Flip Saunders ( only because they won their 1st round series against a hobbled Spurs team ) . . and Chicago with Vinny Del Negro, by what he's done wtih the Bulls ( although it was the trade for Brad Miller and John Salmons, that really turned their season around ).

If people truly want the Hawks to compete for a title, they have to hope that this team plays consistent defense on a nightly basis . . or they get the right mix of inside and outside players on the floor.

This team lacks a guy who can get to the hole at will, and a guy who can consistently score on the low block. Coaching change or not, if those things persist, the offense will still be inconsistent.

The only way this team, as it's constructed right now, can make noise in the playoffs . . is to make the commitment to be one of the best defensive teams in the league.

If this team defends tomorrow nigh, we'll win with no problem.

Edited by northcyde

• Moderators
The Heat are going to eat our lunch tomorrow. I have seen nothing of this team that remotely tells me that we can win.

I understand having doubts but crushing the Heat by double digits 3 times in this series is nothing that remotely tells you they can win a final game at home?

• Premium Member

I'm pretty sure we can win this game. The key will be energy and focus - game 7 should be enough to spark both. What worries me is our lack of offensive identity and the way we settle for jump shots and/or try to take over 1 on 1. If the latter is how we come out...then I expect a blowout loss.

If we eek past Miami, then I'll go ahead and say that NONE of this will get the job done vs. Cleveland. I expect a whoopin...