• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If I could compare Josh Smith to a NFL player it would be..

Joker

Jerious Norwood. Both are big play guys, both are guys that have enough skills to start but their IQ won't allow it (Josh starts but the NBA is not as deep in positional talent as the NFL is). Both have serious issues with consistency...

Edited by nbasuperstar40

Maybe from a Falcon perspective.

From my perspective as a Bengals fan, he's Chad Johnson all the way.

Or maybe even Vince Young, seeing that Vince refuses to really work on what he needs to work on to be a good QB. He's electrifying and can make plays. But he has GLARING deficiencies in his game that drives fans crazy.

Or maybe even Vince Young, seeing that Vince refuses to really work on what he needs to work on to be a good QB. He's electrifying and can make plays. But he has GLARING deficiencies in his game that drives fans crazy.

Chad Johnson may be a primadonna but he has been big for the Bengals. He turned that franchise around from doormat level. He has always till last season played huge for the Bengals. He was a top 3 WR at one point in career. Josh isn't close to that feat. He just a good fantasy selection but in reality, he's Mr. Jekyll and Hyde.

Vince is not Smith or comparable. As a QB, he doesn't have the same stresses as ANY basketball player would. That's like comparing a student organization president to the President of the United States. It's not fair to Vince or Josh.

Jerious Norwood is a terrible comparison IMO. His problems aren't mental. Norwood doesn't have the body to carry the ball 20+ times a game. He gets hurt way too easily.

Josh Smith is more like Vince Young.

I see someone beat me to the comparison.

Edited by High5

Smoove is more like Chris Henry lately

I was thinking more along the lines of DeAngelo Hall. Hall could be a shut-down CB, but he has got some sort of mental block that stops him from being one. He does things that he has no business doing - like playing 10-yards off of a WR on 3rd and 3 and things like that. Smart, shut-down CBs don't do that.

I was thinking more along the lines of DeAngelo Hall. Hall could be a shut-down CB, but he has got some sort of mental block that stops him from being one. He does things that he has no business doing - like playing 10-yards off of a WR on 3rd and 3 and things like that. Smart, shut-down CBs don't do that.

Hall's major problem is the gray stuff between his ears. Smoove isn't nearly as bad as DeAngello. If Smoove didn't "burn the candle" last night he should be a force today.

Vick made a team a lot better, I don't see that with Smith plus the QB comparison again. I still say Norwood, D. Hall is probably the best I've heard outside of Norwood.

As another Bengals fan Id have to say Chad Ocho Cinco is not like Smoove in any way except for the fact that he knoes how to anger a fan base one second and then make them love him the next. Smoove really isnt a showboat. He just uses his flight tactics to pump up the crowd or to pump up the team on the road. Smoove is a super hero who sometimes forgets what his powers are. Chad just wants to whine about money now and has take too many hits to the head. I think the concussions have taken him to a borderline insanity. Smoove is not like Henry either because he is not a regular in the back of a police cruiser. Also Smoove will pass the ball and try to set his teamates up at times as where Chad cries on any play the ball isnt thrown his way.

• Moderators

Vick is the right comparison, IMO. Both Smoove and Vick improved their respective teams and are threats for a huge mental error or huge highlight play at any moment. Neither will be able to take the next step or take their team farther until they take the next step mentally. Even if neither ever takes the next step, however, they are still very productive and desirable players.* Vince Young is waiver wire material if his game doesn't improve. That is not Josh Smith at all. Norwood is a big play guy but doesn't have the physical tools to ever be a consistent starting RB in the NFL - in that sense, Norwood is more like Nate Robinson (a great change of pace but someone with physical liabilities that will prevent him from ever starting for a good team).

* This is based on an assumption that Vick doesn't have the dog fighting issues off the field. Josh Smith is not comparable to Vick in the off-the-field stuff at all and Vick would still be starting in Atlanta if he hadn't abused those animals.

Vick is the right comparison, IMO. Both Smoove and Vick improved their respective teams and are threats for a huge mental error or huge highlight play at any moment. Neither will be able to take the next step or take their team farther until they take the next step mentally. Even if neither ever takes the next step, however, they are still very productive and desirable players.* Vince Young is waiver wire material if his game doesn't improve. That is not Josh Smith at all. Norwood is a big play guy but doesn't have the physical tools to ever be a consistent starting RB in the NFL - in that sense, Norwood is more like Nate Robinson (a great change of pace but someone with physical liabilities that will prevent him from ever starting for a good team).

* This is based on an assumption that Vick doesn't have the dog fighting issues off the field. Josh Smith is not comparable to Vick in the off-the-field stuff at all and Vick would still be starting in Atlanta if he hadn't abused those animals.

I'm glad this was mentioned. I'm seeing Vick, Chris Henry?? C'mon guys, these are men with severe off the court legal issues. Felony crimes. Comparing Smoove to these two is a shot at his character.

• Moderators
I'm glad this was mentioned. I'm seeing Vick, Chris Henry?? C'mon guys, these are men with severe off the court legal issues. Felony crimes. Comparing Smoove to these two is a shot at his character.

I think the on-the-field comparison to Vick is a good one. The Chris Henry comparison is totally meaningless. Henry was a productive backup WR for the Bengals who basically washed himself out of the league. He never amounted to anything. Henry's NBA comparison is someone like Kirk Snyder, not Josh Smith.