• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What would it take to get from pick #19 to pick #7?

NJHAWK

Theres a guy there at #7 who wont be there at #8 who could improve our offense a WHOLE BUNCH. Does pick 19 and maybe Chills and David Andersons rights get us there or Law and Chills? We can still sign Bibby for a couple years but I think this guy will have him coming off the bench by December.

It all depends....Do we have a backup PF that they would like? A point guard with size enough to guard 2s? are we willing take back Jamal..Crawful...ugh I mean Crawford. These are questions we have to ask ourselves.

Well if Anderson can be the backup pf and Acie can be the point with size or maybe Chills could be their all around sg/sf going back home to Cali. Maybe just maybe.

Who is the guy"?

Well if you consider the Knicks have pick 8 and we have to get in front of them to get this guy who is rock solid linked to them like Shellhead was linked to us. OK I'll give you a hint: He almost single handedly led a team to the final four out of nowhere and his pop could hit 3's all night long.

• Premium Member
Well if you consider the Knicks have pick 8 and we have to get in front of them to get this guy who is rock solid linked to them like Shellhead was linked to us. OK I'll give you a hint: He almost single handedly led a team to the final four out of nowhere and his pop could hit 3's all night long.

Curry? I like him too no matter what some may think of him. He's not a true PG, but he's probably the best player in this draft after Blake Griffin. Shooting/passing/high bball IQ with decent size. He actually "looks" like a Hawk, and his game would compliment JJ perfectly, but with soooo many GMs speaking highly of him, it's a pipe dream at best. I'm still on the Flynn bandwagon as I think he may be more attainable. But could you imagine having a shooter/scorer like Curry in our backcourt?

Curry? I like him too no matter what some may think of him. He's not a true PG, but he's probably the best player in this draft after Blake Griffin. Shooting/passing/high bball IQ with decent size. He actually "looks" like a Hawk, and his game would compliment JJ perfectly, but with soooo many GMs speaking highly of him, it's a pipe dream at best. I'm still on the Flynn bandwagon as I think he may be more attainable. But could you imagine having a shooter/scorer like Curry in our backcourt?

Thats how I see him as well #2 overall after Griffin. I think he will be there at #7 though but the Knicks will grab him at 8. Any combo of pick 19, Chills, D.Anderson and Law are ok with me because none of those guys were factors in our 47 win season. Id like to still bring Bibby back and use Curry like we used Flip until Curry is ready to start which should not take long. Curry can shoot, get his own shot, create and get our team out and running.

Edited by NJHAWK

• Premium Member
Thats how I see him as well #2 overall after Griffin. I think he will be there at #7 though but the Knicks will grab him at 8. Any combo of pick 19, Chills, D.Anderson and Law are ok with me because none of those guys were factors in our 47 win season. Id like to still bring Bibby back and use Curry like we used Flip until Curry is ready to start which should not take long. Curry can shoot, get his own shot, create and get our team out and running.

Dude, I'm with you but you better put your flame suit on!

• Moderators

I don't think we can trade Chills for him unless you are talking about a trade later this summer. We can't trade our rights to Josh and would have to sign and trade him, which can't be done now. We would also need to take salary back in the trade.

So we would have to draft someone at #19 for our trade partner and then hope that we could get Chillz to sign and trade to this team at a price acceptable to the team.

Too much complication to ever happen, IMO.

I don't think we can trade Chills for him unless you are talking about a trade later this summer. We can't trade our rights to Josh and would have to sign and trade him, which can't be done now. We would also need to take salary back in the trade.

So we would have to draft someone at #19 for our trade partner and then hope that we could get Chillz to sign and trade to this team at a price acceptable to the team.

Too much complication to ever happen, IMO.

Plus the Warriors have seven thousand forwards I doubt they value Chills or Marvin that highly. The only team ahead of 8th that really has a deficit at SF is Memphis so good luck.

I'm not that high on Curry. Great college player without much potential in the NBA IMO. Flynn is a much better NBA prospect with all of his natural ability, talent, and athleticism. Not to mention he's a true PG.

• Premium Member
I'm not that high on Curry. Great college player without much potential in the NBA IMO. Flynn is a much better NBA prospect with all of his natural ability, talent, and athleticism. Not to mention he's a true PG.

I don't agree with you on Curry, as I think he will be a nice PG in the NBA from what I've seen of Davidson. But I do agree with you about Flynn. The guy is a star in the making IMHO. People keep describing him as little, but the guy is no shorter than Paul or Mookie for that matter. He has a good "motor" as well. You can see it in his play on the court and in his interviews. I don't know why, but I'm getting this serious Chris Paul vibe from the kid.

I don't agree with you on Curry, as I think he will be a nice PG in the NBA from what I've seen of Davidson. But I do agree with you about Flynn. The guy is a star in the making IMHO. People keep describing him as little, but the guy is no shorter than Paul or Mookie for that matter. He has a good "motor" as well. You can see it in his play on the court and in his interviews. I don't know why, but I'm getting this serious Chris Paul vibe from the kid.

i would be estatic if the hawks were able to move up and get rubio, evans, or curry. i'd take any of them and be loving it. that being said, i know it won't happen now. lawson is who i wouldn't mind getting if he is still there at 19. given sund's love for project centers, i think he will take mullins if he's there at 19, though. i'm a bit of a homer for the louisville and kentucky players, so i also would really like it if they got terence williams. i think they could use a b/u sg/sf, particularly if marvin goes.