Pg Patrick Mills will workout for the Hawks tomorrow.

pimp

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) The Atlanta Hawks are going to take a look at Saint Mary's College point guard Patty Mills. The Australian Olympic star is set to leave Wednesday to attend a showcase camp in Italy for European teams, then says he will have workouts with Detroit, Atlanta and Milwaukee.

here is a profile and youtube video from NBAdrat.net

nbadrat.net/mills

this is a great video.

Edited by pimp

• Premium Member

1. I hope this doesn't mean the Hawks won't be at the Trevison camp.

2. I think this is a good indication that Mills' camp is trying to get him into the mid-first round. I bet he's expected to go in the early 20's right now...

I wish Mills would work out with other players......like Law and Crittendon did a couple of years back. Would love to see if he could handle Douglas or Teague.

You can't tell anything if only a chair is guarding the guy...............like in the Yi and Marvin workouts.

I want the guy that says bring on the competition. The guy say "I will workout out against anybody!" I do not want the guy who demands for individual workouts only.....Its one thing if you a top 5 pick but if your expected to go in the 20's you should be willing to workout against some thing more then a chair.

from hoopworld

The Hawks and Marcus Thornton?: Don't overlook LSU's Marcus Thornton. Marcus has had some stellar workout recently going 20-for-25 from NBA three in Dallas and knocked the socks off the Atlanta Hawks before heading to Chicago for the NBA Pre-Draft Combine. Marcus continues to climb as teams get an up-close look at him and are raving his ability to score the ball. Marcus is a "play right away" player and seems to be making things interesting especially in the 13 to 20 range. Hawks sources agreed that Marcus was exceptional in their workout and consider him a Joe Johnson type scorer. With Johnson expected to explore his free agent options next summer the Hawks may have found their man at #19.

• Premium Member

I know that Mills had a shootout with Curry this year in the NIT. I think Curry got the best of that matchup.

I think when you talk about Mills and Thornton, you're talking about possible 2nd rounders we're looking at or maybe later first rounders than 19. At 19, these are stretches.

I have to wonder if we've worked out deal for some 2nd rounders or if we've worked out a deal that will get us a late first in trade?

so we need a point and a big man and we get a sg?.....

well best player available i understand but man i wouldnt know what to do at that point.

Well it makes sense on a few levels. Joe is what he is, out of our core he's the only one we can say has definetly peaked as far as what he's going to give, add in age, his recent nagging injuries most likely from playing marathon minutes and his impending FAcy... well it only makes sense to draft and groom his replacement. There are no bigs in the draft and any PG that falls to us is flawed if not inexperienced and we need production from those positions immediately and can address them through FAcy or trades. That being said I'm not fond of Thornton mainly because of his size. A SG would have to really wow me with physical attributes and skills for me to accept picking him 19

Who in the hell is Marcus Thornton? Give me a break. If Lawson or Mullens are there at 19 and we take Thornton I'm done.

Forget nees when you are picking at 19, you just need to get somebody who is going to be an NBA player, regardless of position. I don't know anything about Marcus Thornton but I am sure that BJ Muellens is a stiff and what are the odds we take the 5th or 6th best pg and turn him into a player.

Just take somebody that can contribute or trade the pick. We don't need to develop anybody since we can't.

Hawk88

As an Aussie, I would love to have Mills in our team. I question his outside shooting, but he is as fast as hell and does take the ball to the hole.

ohhhh he'd definitely be Mario and Solo's bestfriend next year on the end of the bench then