Merged: Law & Speedy traded for Jamal Crawford

MemphisX

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I kind of like this deal. We may shift JJ back to SF and have Jamal start at SG. I dont think he is going to be the PG.

I am glad Speedy is gone we shed his salary and his personality. As for Acie it's a little sad to let him go but IMHO he was not going to be a successful PG on this team. However, I do think he has potential to be a starting PG elsewhere in the NBA.

To all those folks thinking that Crawford isn't the pg. The ASG aren't paying 8 million for a backup guard. He is our starting pg and we will probably not Bibby. I think we have another move in us. (Haslem, Zaza, Flip) and we will probably start next season with

PG Crawford, Lawson

SG JJ, Flip

SF Marvin (QO) and Mo

PF Smoove, Haslem

C Horford, Zaza

That's a pretty deep rotation.

• Premium Member

I'm not sure the dealing is over yet. We offically have no PGs on the roster right now. I doubt Sund is depending on the #19 draft pick to either start or get significant minutes off the bench, so there has to be something else in the works. The Bucks have already freed up some cash to sign Sessions and/or Villanueva so that may be a dead end for us. Maybe Jarrett Jack is our target now? I remember seeing him at the game during the Playoffs and thinking to myself that this guy would be a nice fit here. He has a good motor and plays both sides of the court well enough to get the job done. He's young and will come cheap. Just a thought.

• Premium Member

For this year, it's not a bad move. Acie+Speedy <<<<< Crawford

For the following year, it sucks. $7M in salary added for a 6th man type.

Flip was better than Crawford last year, and he wouldn't have cost anywhere near this much...

In fact, they're very similar players over the course of their careers.

To all those folks thinking that Crawford isn't the pg. The ASG aren't paying 8 million for a backup guard. He is our starting pg and we will probably not Bibby. I think we have another move in us. (Haslem, Zaza, Flip) and we will probably start next season with

PG Crawford, Lawson

SG JJ, Flip

SF Marvin (QO) and Mo

PF Smoove, Haslem

C Horford, Zaza

That's a pretty deep rotation.

You (as well as Sund/ASG) will find out very quickly that Crawford is not a PG. That experiment will end quickly.

The Flip comparisons are coming because both guys are combo guards who are clearly not creators but are good isolation scorers. Neither are particularly good defenders and both don't have much in the way of shot selection. I don't think they are the same player but I think they can play the same role on a team like the Hawks - primary scorer off the bench.

Except Flip is an undersized SG. Anyone who can give you 5 assists a game is somewhat of a creator (or Bibby isn't a creator or PG since he averaged 5 assists a game this year)

Crawford averaged 4.4 assists, not 5. Bibby averaged 5 in a MUCH SLOWER paced offense.

Crawford's A/TO ratio was 1.8/1 while Bibby's was 3.1/1. HUGE difference, and we don't even consider Bibby a true point guard.

He can't start at PG or we're screwed. I think he's an upgrade from Flip as a backup, but we definitely need a PG from somewhere.

Last year = 07-08

Crawford has the ball in his hands WAAAY more than Bibby who is basically a spot up shooting PG

please please please get Jarrett Jack !!!

Jack replaces bibby, crawford replaces flip , resign zaza and marvin and then draft a pg at 19 to backup jack and draft amidu at 49 to groom.

Jack / Pg #19

JJ / Crawford

Marvin / Mo

Smith / solo ?

Horford / Pachulia

Very exciting team if this can happen!

Except Crawford will bring up the ball slowly and then shoot it himself after a couple crossovers.

I assure you he'll be taking a left turn after doing that the 3rd time

Everything runs through Joe. I don't necessarily like it, but it's the way it is.

They just traded in some of the way to get a big. Sund strikes me as a guy that doesn't want to make a lot of moves in the offseason. This could be it for the off season and next year it will be the same team with the same weaknesses.

hotlanta the draft is tomorrow. We can get a big there and even if we dont, this is quite unusual for this many moves to be made before the draft. Trades were going on since the finals(Evans for kapono) relax man or girl..or whatever u are. FAs arent even negotionating yet SMH

• Premium Member

A/TO ratio isn't a good indicator of PG ability.

PPR (Pure Point Rating) is better:

Paul = 11.4

Nash = 9.3

Bibby = 4.9

JJ = 3.5

Crawford = 1.8 (GSW) / 1.5 (NYK)

Murray = -1.1

That should put it into perspective for you.

I don't see what's so bad about the trade....

Jamal Crawford is the better version of Flip Murray so this trade solves one of our Free Agent trouble. Now we only have to think about 3 players in Free Agency(Bibby, Zaza, Marvin) instead of 4.

Also, tell me this....can we get a better player with a point guard that barely has shown any flashes and a point guard that doesnt play much?

Also, Crawford will come off the bench. No way in hell he will play point for us. Bibby is more of a passing point guard than Crawford is and we need a passing point guard at the lineup. We can't have two iso guards on one lineup.

I have some friends that are passionate Warrior fans and they do like this trade. They felt this trade was pretty good for them and for us. They say that Crawford was probably one of the worst defenders in that Warriors team(damn....) and he is inconsistent. Looks like he'll fit right in! hahahahaha

But seriously, Jamal won't get as much minutes as he did on the teams he has played for in the past so that should limit his shot attempted. Also, Woodson has done a great job on utilizing his 6th man, so I think it's a good trade. Crawford's career will get revived here in Atlanta. Book it. :)