• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I wonder what we're trading Marvin for?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Is it alright if I dream aloud about Marvin/Morris for Pryzbillia/Blake?

Bibby/Blake

Crawford/Draft pick/West

Joe/Mo

Smoove/Harrington

Horf/Pryz/Zaza

You all do know that we're keeping Bibby?

• Premium Member
I don't think this has anything to do with keeping Marvin. Marvin's price will determine whether the Hawks keep him.

Crawford is Flip's replacement.

I think Crawford can be more than a BU SG. I think he can be the starting SG... roll Joe to SF. I believe wholeheartedly that Bibby is coming back. That leaves Marvin for a trade.

Now, we can say Marvin and Smoove for Bosh or Amare... However, I want to believe that we sure up holes by getting a defensive big (Pryz) and a pretty good PG (who could challenge Bibby) in Blake. Then we can draft either a SG (Ellington) or a PG (Lawson) or an OG (Teague).

It's all interesting tonight!

• Premium Member

I wonder if it's possible to get Felton for Marvin?

Felton/Crawford/Joe/Smoove/Horf.

That might be better?

With Terrance Williams being Charlotte's pick.... I don't know if this has a chance.

marvin is very underated. its hard to find players with his talent that are willing to fit in a role rather than whine and demand getting the ball more. when he gets the oppurtunity, he usually shows up. he has proven that he can score 25 a game when asked to do so. i think we will really regret letting him go one day. if woodson could ever figure out how to use all his weapons, we could be unstoppable.... seriously.

• Premium Member
marvin is very underated. its hard to find players with his talent that are willing to fit in a role rather than whine and demand getting the ball more. when he gets the oppurtunity, he usually shows up. he has proven that he can score 25 a game when asked to do so. i think we will really regret letting him go one day. if woodson could ever figure out how to use all his weapons, we could be unstoppable.... seriously.

No, I think Marvin is rated just about right. Without aggression, none of the other stuff matters as much.

However, our decision on Marvin will be financial vs. Need. IF Woody can be sold on Crawford as starting SG (he is making 8 million dollars). Then Joe goes to Sf and Marvin has to be traded.

I think Joe would do better at Sf simply because he's not chasing SGs around and wearing himself down.

IF Joe can remain a 20+ scorer and Crawford can give us 16-18... There's no need for Marvin.

Marvin for Felton may work out good for both teams.

If we started Bibby and Crawford, you're looking at possibly the worst defensive backcourt in the history of the NBA. Neither one of them plays defense at all.

Crawford hopefully will be Flip version 2.0. A great scorer off the bench and someone who can provide a spark when the first unit is dragging.

I think Crawford can be more than a BU SG. I think he can be the starting SG... roll Joe to SF. I believe wholeheartedly that Bibby is coming back. That leaves Marvin for a trade.

Now, we can say Marvin and Smoove for Bosh or Amare... However, I want to believe that we sure up holes by getting a defensive big (Pryz) and a pretty good PG (who could challenge Bibby) in Blake. Then we can draft either a SG (Ellington) or a PG (Lawson) or an OG (Teague).

It's all interesting tonight!

Marvin and Smoove for Bosh.

Me Likey!

Hawk88

yeah... i doubt that crawford will start at the 2 for us, unless somebody goes down with an injury. i think his best chances are starting 1 or backup 2.

and seriously, marvins versatility and BBIQ will be missed if he is gone. i dont understand the love for a player who is immature inconsistent but Agressive in Smith over a player that is Smart, plays his role but not as agressive in Williams.

If we started Bibby and Crawford, you're looking at possibly the worst defensive backcourt in the history of the NBA. Neither one of them plays defense at all.

Crawford hopefully will be Flip version 2.0. A great scorer off the bench and someone who can provide a spark when the first unit is dragging.

That is a big factor in him coming off the bench. Then we have first and second string guards that don't guard.

• Premium Member
Trading Speedy makes it much less likely that Marvin gets traded. Speedy's contract was the BYC buster.

Hadn't thought of that yet.

The Hawks currently have just 6 players under contract:

PG: None

SG: JJ

SF: Evans

PF: Smith

CR: Horford

6th: Crawford

Sucks: Morris

PG: None

SG: JJ

SF: Evans

PF: Smith

CR: Horford

6th: Crawford

Sucks: Morris

can we stop considering Evans as a sf. dude is smaller than alot of sg's, im tired of watching him get punked whenever he guards the 3 position. him on lebron was too painful to watch, esp when we all know joe could have d-up on him alot better. Evans needs to be the backup 2, crawford at the 1 (atl's version of a pg anyway). and we need to find a REAL backup SF who stands between 6-7 and 6-9. for two purposes. one, to provide defense against the large 3's in our league, and 2, to actually matchup with williams in practice so that he can can get a legit size comparison of what he will face on gameday. him against Evans in practice is a true disservice to him.