• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Childress and his Agent better act fast!

Diesel

• Premium Member

In My opinion, the creekbed is drying up on Childress. I don't think he can afford to stay in Europe another year. He comes back latched to a contract that we may still be holding.

Here's the problem though.

Richard Jefferson to San Antonio... Ouch. San Anton was one of the teams that wanted Childress. He would have fit in great with Duncan and Ginobili. Now, Jefferson has beat him tot he punch.

Phoenix trades Shaq for Pavlovich... Ouch. Phoenix was a team that wanted Childress. He would have fit in great with Nash and Barbosa.

Atlanta trades for Crawford.... Ouch. Crawford plays SG, Joe Johnson moves over to 3. Childress doesn't want to play off the bench any longer. Especially not behind an ironman like Joe. It was palatable when it was behind a guy that you're better than. Woody had no choice but to play you then.

The best hope is for Chillz to get back in the game and to see if his agent can work out a sign and trade deal that gets Atlanta an expiring deal and a pick.

• Moderators

I agree 100% that Chill needs to come back. One more year in Greece will diminish his value. I agree that we need to move JJ to SF but I don't think it will happen. I'm certain Crawford is our starting PG.

Doesn't Chill have to do something before July 1st?

I agree 100% that Chill needs to come back. One more year in Greece will diminish his value. I agree that we need to move JJ to SF but I don't think it will happen. I'm certain Crawford is our starting PG.

Doesn't Chill have to do something before July 1st?

July 15 actually (deadline for opting out of his Greek contract).

July 15 actually (deadline for opting out of his Greek contract).

Good for Chillz.

It will give his agent 2 full weeks to work the phones with NBA teams with the Greek contract as a security blanket and obvious negotiating ploy.

His agent is acting. Teams better act by July 15 if they want him.

Edited by coachx