• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Wouldn't you rather add Sheed to what we have?

sturt

Possibly.

Someone else might say that the biggest weakness is that we don't yet have a consistent low-post threat on offense.

Sheed certainly wouldn't be a solution for that since he doesn't score much inside. he is a jump shooter.

http://www.82games.com/0809/08DET14.HTM#pstats

Sheed scored 1.4 ppg inside last year. In comparison Horford scored 5.3 ppg inside while Smith scored 8.4 ppg inside.

http://www.82games.com/0809/08ATL12.HTM

http://www.82games.com/0809/08ATL11.HTM

Edited by exodus

Yea Sheed shies away from giving up his body in the low post anymore but his go to move has always been that turnaround jumpshot from the baseline. I'm more interested in him for his man and post defense. So many on here are afraid of Howard and think our frontline is hopeless against him when we just saw Perkins outmuscle him and Pau beat him to his spots. His strength is not in the Shaq dominant territory and his poor footwork and mechanics in the post make him ineffective unless he's right underneath the basket. Sheed could teach our boys this technique of keeping opponents out from deep position and if they do achieve position how to anticipate and force their moves. Sheed has never been the biggest or tallest guy yet he has always been effective defending the paint because of his IQ.

Sheed certainly wouldn't be a solution for that since he doesn't score much inside. he is a jump shooter.

http://www.82games.com/0809/08DET14.HTM#pstats

Sheed scored 1.4 ppg inside last year. In comparison Horford scored 5.3 ppg inside while Smith scored 8.4 ppg inside.

http://www.82games.com/0809/08ATL12.HTM

http://www.82games.com/0809/08ATL11.HTM

Yeah that's his problem. He could've been great if he wouldn't have fell in love with the jumpshot. The guy can post up, and he has an unguardable turnaround jumper. Plus he's always been a very good defender.

I would definitely take him on this team but I'd go after some other players first.

Yeah that's his problem. He could've been great if he wouldn't have fell in love with the jumpshot. The guy can post up, and he has an unguardable turnaround jumper. Plus he's always been a very good defender.

I would definitely take him on this team but I'd go after some other players first.

I always knew Sheed settled for jumpers too much but frankly i didn't realize just how bad he has gotten. This past season 44% of his shot attempts were from 3 and he only got to the line 1.6 times per game. Wow

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/06/26/magic-t...e-brandon-bass/

I would. Plus, the fact that by defintion, it would keep Sheed out of ORL and BOS. I'm not even certain that it is a possibility, but it would be something I'd want Sund to consider first.

Why? The last thing we need is another poor rebounding, 3 point shooting big man.

I always knew Sheed settled for jumpers too much but frankly i didn't realize just how bad he has gotten. This past season 44% of his shot attempts were from 3 and he only got to the line 1.6 times per game. Wow

He could've been a superstar. He had it all, except the mental area to put everything together. The only thing he wasn't great at was ball handling, which isn't a big deal for a guy who's 6'11". He could post, shoot, play D, everything. Lamar Odom reminds me of him, he should've been a star also.

Edited by AtLaS

I'm talking about David Andersen, not Chris Andersen.

Chris Andersen isn't leaving Denver.

(For that matter, Wallace wouldn't consider Atlanta at the MLE anyway).

David Andersen isn't leaving whereever the hell he is either

Sheed disrupts chemistry?

His temper toward refs is obviously well-documented, but I don't know that I've ever read that any team he's played for thought he was bad for chemistry.

his teams(the blazers and the pistons, don't count the one game with us) wins more games and playoff series than ours.

his temper with the refs? i'm sure i agreed with at least half the calls he was against the refs, plus he was just keeping it real.

Oh, I'm sure his teammates love him.

Coaches...not so much.

says who? even larry brown wanted him back.

The biggest weakness of our front line is defensive rebounding and Sheed sucks on the glass. His best year was 8.1 rebounds per game. He has been below 7 rebounds per game several times.

If we are going to spend heavily on a big i would rather have Gortat.

since when rebounding only count on papers? and 7 rebounds ain't bad. if you want to sign a double digits rebounder, you have to pay double digits in million. plus did you see him box out? did you remember him playing aginst karl malone or tim duncan or kg?

He could've been a superstar. He had it all, except the mental area to put everything together. The only thing he wasn't great at was ball handling, which isn't a big deal for a guy who's 6'11". He could post, shoot, play D, everything. Lamar Odom reminds me of him, he should've been a star also.

Nope . . it sounds like our current starting PF.

i forgot to add, with a stubborn old fool like woody, he'll just go straight to his doghouse. forget about coming here. you talent will be completely wasted.

Woody would definitely play Sheed, until he proved that he couldn't be effective. Ish . . Woody played Lorenzen Wright. People don't go to Woody's Doghouse, if they are effective. It's when they prove that they are ineffective, that they go to the "doghouse".

Nope . . it sounds like our current starting PF.

Smith doesn't have nearly the skill that Sheed had. He's more athletic and that's it. Sheed had a good jumper, a post up game (Smith is definitely improving his post game, though), and a turn around jumper that is unguardable. Pretty much the same as the KG turnaround. He just chose to shoot WAY too much. Smith shoots too much but he still takes the majority of his shots inside. Sheed has taken 75+% jumpers his entire career, and has been around 85+% a few times. That is absolutely ridiculous for someone with as much skill as he has. Smith still has a lot of room for improvement and is still young, so I'm not going to compare him to Sheed or Odom just yet.

Edited by AtLaS

Sheed is looking to start wherever he goes next. Ric Bucher said that the cavs and magic were strong suitors, but while he is good friends with KG and KG has been calling him non-stop, he wasn't considering the celtics because he wouldnt be able to start there.