• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marvin makes the top 10 Free Agents list

coachx

Wurider05, i completely agree. I keep thinking the same thing. Marvin has way more positives in his game than negatives. Way more. his only issue is not being agressive, YET whenever he does get the ball he makes something positve happen for the team. Either he gets to the line or he takes a good shot that he converts at a good rate. He is our Trevor Ariza, he does the little things that count like running the floor playing real face-up man to man defense (not weakside help D). He gives us size advantages on a nightly basis, and when he is healthy is still very quick. He is no weak spot, on the contrary. He is, along with JJ our MOST ALL-Around Player, but he doesnt need the ball for 20 secs a possesion to prove it.

Yal who keep hating on Marv's game are whack. dude is an assest to any organization that wants to win a championship. stop letting Woody's fear to gameplan for any player other than Joe blind you from seeing that.

I cant understand why some of yal would rather watch Smith play like an idiot everynight than watch Marvin play like a champ (TEAM PLAYER) and be smart. Look at the players yal say you would rather have and look at what they have really done in this league. NOT MUCH. and they prolly wont ever. At least Marv still has Potential, and at 23, it is way too soon to give up on it.

• Premium Member
He's not a weak spot. You're dead on. People tend to base the type of player by where he's picked. Since he was picked third, he's supposed to be the second coming of MJ. It's unfair and unreal expectations.

So do you think if Marvin was picked 24th in the draft that he would even sniff the top ten in this rating? That knife cuts both ways Buck. People have been waiting on the promise of Marvin for 4 years. If Marvin had been picked 24th in the draft, he would have been a bench player.

• Premium Member
The only reason Marvin makes the top 10 is he expects Marvin to be cheap.

Dear D,

You must've missed some of the article. I'll bold a few parts so that when you re-read it you won't have this misunderstanding again:

But he has improved steadily over his four seasons and became a solid shooter last season before back problems sidelined him down the stretch. He's the youngest player in the top 10 and can fill holes on both ends of the floor.

Hope I was helpful,

H

He's not a weak spot. You're dead on. People tend to base the type of player by where he's picked. Since he was picked third, he's supposed to be the second coming of MJ. It's unfair and unreal expectations.

Father in Heaven I don't see how anybody can say Marvin is the best or 2nd best defensive player on the team. Granted there is not a lot of defense on this team but there is Josh Smith, Al Horford, Mo Evans. and Mario West. All these guys are better defenders than Marvin. Marvin is better than the rest because the rest are sub par defenders. The rest play no defense. But Marvin is a below average defender for a small forward. It is incredible how fast guys blow by Marvin.

And this is the 1st year Marvin hit meaningful shots period. Before this year almost all his points came during garbage time. I want a very good to great player at small forward. and Marvin isn't it. As I said before the guy is a weak spot and needs to be moved for somebody better. Marvin is like Shareef Abdul Rahim. I don't think he will be a big winner because I just don't think he has the competitive killer instinct. I think Marvin is a nice kid. I want a cold blooded killer on the court ala Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Horford. They will cut your heart out if they get the chance. It will never ever happen with Marvin.

Hawk88

Father in Heaven I don't see how anybody can say Marvin is the best or 2nd best defensive player on the team. Granted there is not a lot of defense on this team but there is Josh Smith, Al Horford, Mo Evans. and Mario West. All these guys are better defenders than Marvin. Marvin is better than the rest because the rest are sub par defenders. The rest play no defense. But Marvin is a below average defender for a small forward. It is incredible how fast guys blow by Marvin.

And this is the 1st year Marvin hit meaningful shots period. Before this year almost all his points came during garbage time. I want a very good to great player at small forward. and Marvin isn't it. As I said before the guy is a weak spot and needs to be moved for somebody better. Marvin is like Shareef Abdul Rahim. I don't think he will be a big winner because I just don't think he has the competitive killer instinct. I think Marvin is a nice kid. I want a cold blooded killer on the court ala Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Horford. They will cut your heart out if they get the chance. It will never ever happen with Marvin.

Hawk88

Marvin is our second best perimeter defender to Joe period. Obviously Joe is our main offensive weapon and already playing 40 minutes so it is in no way practical to have him guarding other teams top players except in short spurts. Marvin affords him that luxury to play off of other teams best players and is very effective at it but then with Bibby's inability to guard some PGs Joe still ends up taking on a tougher assignment. Mario's hustle confuses you to thinking that he is actually an asset and Mo's defensive prowess is greatly overrated as evidenced by the fact he allowed Wally frickin Sczerbiack to take him off the dribble and posterize him with a dunk.

I don't know how you can argue that a guy is a weakspot on this team because he is not Kobe or Lebron......If that's the case then the whole team is a weakspot. Marvin clearly has shown that he is a player in this league albeit as a role player but guess what? You can't have a team with nothing but superstars, you need glue guys and role players that afford your stars to play their games.

I think Marvin is a nice kid. I want a cold blooded killer on the court ala Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Horford. They will cut your heart out if they get the chance. It will never ever happen with Marvin.

Hawk88

:laughing5: @ putting Horford in the same category as Wade, Kobe and Lebron. That tells us all we need to know about your judgement.

Edited by exodus

:laughing5: @ putting Horford in the same category as Wade, Kobe and Lebron. That tells us all we need to know about your judgement.

I LOLed too. Horford -- WHO HUGS MASCOTS -- makes Marvin look like a killer. Not that I'd keep Marvin over Horford.

I have never been able to decide if the killer instinct thing is overrated or not. JoJo definitely doesn't show the type of instinct we associate with Kobe/Lebron, but he certainly is effective.

Sorry but that list is bogus Marvin ahead of studs like Felton, Sessions, Andre Miller and Sheed? no way those guys will all sign way before MArvin.

Josh Smith must be absolute trash then based on last year and your theory, correct?

Sorry but that list is bogus Marvin ahead of studs like Felton, Sessions, Andre Miller and Sheed? no way those guys will all sign way before MArvin.

Well unless your a female fan talking about how attractive you think that list of players are your out of your mind. Basketball wise these guys are nothing close to stud players. Sheed was but he is slipping. The rest are ok players but nothing special, maybe Sessions will be but not yet. Miller is on his last legs and you would have to be a fool to think he has anything close to Marvins value.

HAWK88,

for a guy who is consistently asked to defend some of the greatest players in todays NBA, Marvin does a hell of a job. Nobody can stop Lebron, but on numerous occassions i have seen Marvin do a tremendous job of keeping him from doing everything he wants to on the court. Prime ex, the reg. season game on ESPN.

Perhaps the most impressive time to me tho was game 3 in the playoffs when he was still injured, Woody kept him off Lebron alot, but the when he finally did gaurd him i remember telling everybody in the room watch closely, and sure as i said that he stole the ball from him and it led to a break the other way. Dude plays great D, and he loves it. Smith cannot stop his man from gettin to the hole, he can only hope to block his shot from behind or somebody elses man's shot. Smoove isnt a defender. he is a shotblocker. there is a big difference. you can easily beat a shot blocker by going rite at him, its like kryptonite to them.