• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Key to Offseason: Keeping Bibby

JackB1

If we let Bibby go, then the Hawks will take a major step backwards IMO. Just think back to how we looked before him. No direction on the

court and without Bibby, who will be the "floor leader"? Crawford? JJ? please. Bibby had a great season last year, playing his first full year

with ATL and healthy and I would love to see him continue on. Teague needs a mentor and we desperatley need an "offensive leader" on the

court with Woodson on the sidelines. We need Bibby's veteran leadership on this team as much as anything.

Oh yeah one other thing....all those great Alley Oop setups for Smoove. Save those highlites because if Bibby goes, so do those Smoove jams.

Bottom line.......we need to resign Bibby. All other objectives pale in comparison.

Edited by JackB1

• Moderators

I agree but I don't think we're doomed without him. I don't think we can sign Bibby and Flip and Sund seems to love Flip. Flip was handling the point a lot, sometimes at the end of the game too. I would think Crawford could do as well or better than Flip.

But I agree that Bibby and to a lesser extent AJ turned this team around offensively.

The first priority though is signing Zaza or someone comparable. We can go with Crawford and Flip if we have to, but we can't start the season with Al and Smoove as the only 4/5s on the team.

Who is to say Crawford can't be a leader? He is a model citizen and is very well-spoken. JJ is also stepping up this year and could be a leader for this team as well. JJ-Crawford with a duo-leadership as well as Horford is good enough for me. This "without Bibby we were nothing" stuff is getting ridiculous. We had Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue starting for us before Bibby. And what "leader" curses out his coach during the game?

Who is to say Crawford can't be a leader? He is a model citizen and is very well-spoken. JJ is also stepping up this year and could be a leader for this team as well. JJ-Crawford with a duo-leadership as well as Horford is good enough for me. This "without Bibby we were nothing" stuff is getting ridiculous. We had Anthony Johnson and Tyronn Lue starting for us before Bibby. And what "leader" curses out his coach during the game?

and what leader hears his coach say "drive the ball" only to hoist up a long contested jumper, 3 seconds after the inbound ,out of a timeout?

• Premium Member
If we wave bye to Bibby and Crawford is his replacement we wave bye to the playoffs. Bibby is a winner, its that simple.

Kieth Brooking was a leader. At some point you go with what gives you the best chance to win long term and that's not Bibby anymore. I'm willing to pass on making the playoffs if it means making runs for the next 5-6 years with Teague/Crawford.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
and what leader hears his coach say "drive the ball" only to hoist up a long contested jumper, 3 seconds after the inbound ,out of a timeout?

and what leader openly tells his coach to "shut the F up" when his coach is telling him to act like a leader

After the JC trade, I'm more inclined to put Zaza as the key to the offseason.

I agree, Z is more important now with Crawford on the team.

Resign Z and you can use the MLE to get another big.

Loose Z and you have to use the MLE to get a big.

However, since we have Bird rights on Bibs, we can and should use those to our advantage, even if its an SnT w/ Bibby.

• Premium Member
I think we also need Bibby, I think we can be good without him but if we wanna take a step forward in the right direction we should try to re-sign him. He can also be a good mentor to Teague.

I think this is one of the most overblown ideas in sports. The idea that the veteran will be happy to show the new guy the ropes. Sure doesn't work that way in the corporate world. Especially when you know the guy's goal is to take food out of your kids mouth.

Edited by NineOhTheRino