• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do teams going after Ariza and Klezia indicate that we want to keep Marvin

oiatlhawksfan

• Premium Member
We haven't heard anything about Marvin and you can make an arguement that he's better than players like Ariza and Klezia. Does this indicate that we are very serious about keeping him?

Word was that he received a QO yesterday.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

We haven't heard anything about Marvin and you can make an arguement that he's better than players like Ariza and Klezia. Does this indicate that we are very serious about keeping him?

It means Marvin is a restricted free agent and the other two are not, plus Marvin will cost more.

Teams are more likely to pursue unrestricted free agents first at the beginning of free agency because they are more easily attained. Restricted free agents can have whatever contract they sign matched by their original team so other teams are less likely to pursue them unless they feel confident they can outbid for them. By the same merit we haven't heard anything about Sessions or Felton and they happen to be the only two PG options actually younger than 32.

• Moderators

Its going to be real interesting to see what happens with Marvin. I'm thinking he'll play this season on the QO. Millsap is a restricted FA too and he is generating a little early interest. I'd love to see the Hawks get him somehow but I don't think there is a way to do it plus we'd lose somebody.

Seems like no one predicted the Crawford trade. We may have some surprises coming up.

Regardless of whether Ariza or Klezia are restricted FAs or unrestricted, it is surprising that those individuals are getting more media noise than Marvin and Zaza. In fact, there is more media noise about Jake Voskuhl than Zaza. Maybe that is just the result of typical media failings or maybe it is assumed by the Media that Marvin and Zaza will return to the Hawks fold.

• Moderators
maybe it is assumed by the Media that Marvin and Zaza will return to the Hawks fold.

I think that is a big part of it. Denver is in luxury land so the expectation is that Kleiza is likely gone. Ariza has been publically unhappy with offers from LA so he is definitely at risk. It is assumed that Marvin will be resigned by the Hawks.