• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

76ers' interest in Mike Bibby not mutual

pimp

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/2009...not_mutual.html

76ers' interest in Mike Bibby not mutual

By Kevin Tatum

Inquirer Staff Writer

According to a source with knowledge of the situation, the 76ers reached out this week to the agent for Atlanta Hawks guard Mike Bibby, only to find that the 10-year veteran is intent on staying with the team he played for the last two seasons.

With the uncertainty of the Sixers' relationship with guard Andre Miller - he also is a free agent, and there are no signs that he plans to return - the team may be in need of a veteran point guard for first-year coach Eddie Jordan.

There is not much separating Miller, 33, and Bibby, 31, either in performance or contract requests.

Bibby earned about $15 million last season, when he averaged 14.9 points and 5.0 assists and shot 39 percent from three-point range. Miller averaged 16.3 points and 6.5 assists and shot 28.3 percent from beyond the arc while earning around $10 million.

Both are seeking multiyear contracts for about $10 million per. Each can receive the most money from the team he played for last season.

I do not like this report at all. Are we talking about giving this fool close to $10 million? I want Bibby back so long as we pay closer to $6 million.

The reports coming out indicate we are giving Bibby a payday like he's a premier PG. Bibby is happy to stay with us. Rejecting another team's interest means your current team is gonna "do you right."

Are we really gonna be paying 3 backcourt players around $35 million? ugh.

I like everything about the report but the $10 mill figure.

I think the reporter is just pulling that dollar figure out his ess.............Its helps the Philly fans with the rejection so now they can think............."I didn't want Bibby for $10 mill any way."

Glad to see Sekou's report yesterday that Bibby and the Hawks have had meaningful talks is factual.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member
I like everything about the report but the $10 mill figure.

I think the reporter is just pulling that dollar figure out his ess.............Its helps the Philly fans with the rejection so now they can think............."I didn't want Bibby for $10 mill any way."

Glad to see Sekou's report yesterday that Bibby and the Hawks have had meaningful talks is factual.

I'm pretty sure that Miller's agent requested 10 Million from the 76eres (on the resign). I guess Bibby turned down something less significant.

Joe/Crawford/Bibby/Teague - Please explain this to me.

Bibby/Teague=1s

Joe/Crawford=2s

Teague and Crawford are somewhat interchangeable. I could see a scenario where Bibby starts the season and once Crawford or Teague learns the system they become the starter and Bibby possily becomes trade bait...

I've noticed a lot of Bibby haters in this forum and i got to say i don't understand it. Bibby played a huge role for the team the last couple of seasons. He's a great passer, he has the jump shot down, and he spread the floor to open up room for Joe and Josh. I'm glad to see he will most likely be back, though i wonder what's going to happened to Flip if he does.

PG Bibby (30) Crawford (10) Teague (8)

SG Joe (30) Crawford (18)

And when Joe moves over to SF for portions of the game, Crawford plays more SG and Teague plays more PG.

and Mo Evans and Mario West. That's a solid backcourt rotation with flexibility to package a player if necessary before the deadline if we need(which we probably will) front court help. Unfortunately noone will be on an expiring contract other than Joe, and we're not trading him.

Josh Smith/ Horford/ Solo. Who's left to upgrade over Marvin? Probably noone so we should keep him. We need Marvin and two bigs, me thinks, and an upgrade over Randolph...maybe Magloire.

Edited by AmishBoy