WraithSentinel

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=3850850

No link yet, just seen it on the sports ticker on espn..Great move. Im not sure about the 3 years though. Might be too long. Didnt show the price for those 3 years.

Take it for what its worth.

I'm good with it if it's between 15-21 million. Anymore than that and I'm like... Hold on!!!

Yes im so happy right now hes gonna teach jeff teague how to play the point guard position, plus i have a feeling that hes gonna improve his defense this year i dont care wat anybody sais just watch and see the guy average 1.2 steals a game and was bothered by in juries hes gonna have a great year this year just watch.

If common ground means playoffs, since he has led us there after years of bottom dwelling, good move.

Exactly! I'm convinced that some on here would rather see the Hawks take a step back and fall out of the playoffs than to continue what they have built up until this point.

• Premium Member
I'm good with it if it's between 15-21 million. Anymore than that and I'm like... Hold on!!!

Agreed. The Hawks would be stupid to pay him much more than that. I don't think Portland can offer more than ~$25M over three years.

If common ground means playoffs, since he has led us there after years of bottom dwelling, good move.

What is the point of going to the playoffs if you know you can't contend for anything significant?

Playoffs teams offensive plan against us: attack Bibby.

I am fine with this as long as when Bibby is cold bench him for Crawford or Teague. No more 35 minutes, 2-9 (1-7 from 3), 7 points, 0 assist, 1 rebound, 0 steals, 0 blocks games please.

Edited by GameTime

What is the point of going to the playoffs if you know you can't contend for anything significant?

Playoffs teams offensive plan against us: attack Bibby.

I am fine with this as long as when Bibby is cold bench him for Crawford or Teague. No more 35 minutes, 2-9 (1-7 from 3), 7 points, 0 assist, 1 rebound, 0 steals, 0 blocks games please.

That makes no sense. One team wins it all. Last time I checked, to compete for anything significant, you need to make the playoffs FIRST. The fact is, since Bibby has been here, we have taken that first step.

That makes no sense. One team wins it all. Last time I checked, to compete for anything significant, you need to make the playoffs FIRST. The fact is, since Bibby has been here, we have taken that first step.

Do you think we can go to the Finals with a Bibby-led team?

Bibby helps, but we don't get very far if we don't get a couple of big men that can play.

Too many factors at play to answer such a generic question. My point is based on the past, what we have accomplished with him here. We've improved. He's brought stability, leadership... He changed our team for the better the day he arrived. The proof is in our record and playoff appearances.

Too many factors at play to answer such a generic question. My point is based on the past, what we have accomplished with him here. We've improved. He's brought stability, leadership... He changed our team for the better the day he arrived. The proof is in our record and playoff appearances.

It is really just an opinion. Yes or No. Can't be wrong.

We still need a defender that can guard PG's. Maybe Shawn Marion may not be a bad idea after all.

• Admin

You think Teague is the man. He has not done anything yet. He has to prove himself. Resigning Bibby gives us a solid pg starter and gives Teague a chance to develop. If he is as good as advertised, we can trade Bibby in a year or two.

You think Teague is the man. He has not done anything yet. He has to prove himself. Resigning Bibby gives us a solid pg starter and gives Teague a chance to develop. If he is as good as advertised, we can trade Bibby in a year or two.

When will he be able to prove himself after the 3 years are up? I hope Woody changes, but he is trying to save his job this year. He is going with the vets. Especially if we re-sign Flip. But I hope he proves me wrong.

Edited by GameTime

It is really just an opinion. Yes or No. Can't be wrong.

We still need a defender that can guard PG's. Maybe Shawn Marion may not be a bad idea after all.

I suppose, since we apparently signed him and Im hopeful that we can go to the Finals every year, the answer is yes. I believe he can lead us there.

Wishful thinking, maybe... Seeing that I've never seen the Hawks in the Finals with any current point guard in the league.

When will he be able to prove himself after the 3 years are up? I hope Woody changes, but he is trying to save his job this year. He is going with the vets. Especially if we re-sign Flip. But I hope he proves me wrong.

It's better than having Royal Ivey start for the first 2 minutes of every game and then not have a point guard after that.

I'm glad they're resigning Bibster. The Hawks are a MUCH better team with him, and despite his faults, he tries on the defensive end.