• Raised $390 of $700 target

REPORT: Bibby plans to re-sign?

WraithSentinel

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to disprove the stats that back his statement up ...

nah I just think it'd funny how a guy that was so inconsistent still managed to be our best offensive player and if someone told me that in person I prolly wouldn't believe it. I'm not too much into stats,especially stats that aren't in your normal boxscore like the ones u guys post. for example: percentage of shots made after a spin move,after hopping on one foot,then doing the superman, and sneezing.

Yep. Good ole' Josh Smith.

The guy who shot 43% eFG was the Hawks' best offensive player in the playoffs. Yep, that's right.

No, it wasn't the guy who shot 58.5% eFG and led them in Ast%.

Yes, it was the guy that missed 10 shots in game 3, 10 shots in game 4, 10 shots in game 5, 10 shots in game 6, 11 shots in game 9, and 10 shots in game 10. Yep, he was the best offensive player in the playoffs.

No, it wasn't the guy who hit 26 three pointers in the playoffs or shot 21 of 22 from the free throw line. No, it wasn't the guy whose points were assisted 33% of the time, it was the guy whose points were assisted 77% of the time.

Silly me for watching all those games and getting frustrated with Smith's inconsistency. I must have imagined those announcers criticizing Smith's shot selection and his lack of concentration.

Silly me.

Selective stats I see...

Selective stats I see...

No doubt. I checked the stats for everyone I mentioned (not just some bullcrap stats that nobody has ever heard of). Josh Smith was clearly better than Bibby and everyone else, and that was clear through stats and should have been clear to the Josh Smith haters through just watching the game.

Did Mike Bibby even play in the Conference Semi-Finals? He was invisible after the first game . . .

He mentioned Mike Bibby's great free throw shooting (Josh Smith was good enough from the line also); but Bibby only took 3 shots from the line in the entire Conference Semi-Finals series. That is pathetic from a starting point guard.

Bibby had as many assists as he had turnovers in 2/4 of those Conference Semi-Finals games. Which would be exactly 1 assist. That is pathetic from a starting point guard.

I could go on, but it would be pointless because he has made up his mind regardless of the facts . . .

Edited by YP2K

No doubt. I checked the stats for everyone I mentioned (not just some bullcrap stats that nobody has ever heard of). Josh Smith was clearly better than Bibby and everyone else, and that was clear through stats and should have been clear to the Josh Smith haters through just watching the game.

Did Mike Bibby even play in the Conference Semi-Finals? He was invisible after the first game . . .

He mentioned Mike Bibby's great free throw shooting (Josh Smith was good enough from the line also); but Bibby only took 3 shots from the line in the entire Conference Semi-Finals series. That is pathetic from a starting point guard.

Bibby had as many assists as he had turnovers in 2/4 of those Conference Semi-Finals games. Which would be exactly 1 assist. That is pathetic from a starting point guard.

I could go on, but it would be pointless because he has made up his mind regardless of the facts . . .

Ok, I am not a Josh Smith hater but he is not our best offensive player at all. In fact, I think all 4 of the other players on the court with him are better options. He hurts us bad when he takes deep jumpers right when we have momentum going and CLANK! He thinks he is a 3 point shooter which he should never shoot in his life. He takes so long to shoot a jumper and when a man runs after him airballs it. The man should only dunk, or shoot in the paint.

Mike Bibby is a proven vet. Yes, he didn't show up in the playoffs as much as expected but I credit that to tiredness from the season. That will change now with Crawford helping out (And hopefully Flip again).

Ok, I am not a Josh Smith hater but he is not our best offensive player at all. In fact, I think all 4 of the other players on the court with him are better options. He hurts us bad when he takes deep jumpers right when we have momentum going and CLANK! He thinks he is a 3 point shooter which he should never shoot in his life. He takes so long to shoot a jumper and when a man runs after him airballs it. The man should only dunk, or shoot in the paint.

Mike Bibby is a proven vet. Yes, he didn't show up in the playoffs as much as expected but I credit that to tiredness from the season. That will change now with Crawford helping out (And hopefully Flip again).

The argument was whether or not Bibby was the Hawks' best offensive player in the playoffs, not who should be the go to guy.

So who was the Hawks' best player in the playoffs? Bibby, Josh Smith or someone else?

Edited by YP2K

The argument was whether or not Bibby was the Hawks' best offensive player in the playoffs, not who should be the go to guy.

So who was the Hawks' best player in the playoffs? Bibby, Josh Smith or someone else?

Mike Bibby. One point is he doesn't take stupid shots that he shouldn't take. Another is this (Sry if someone has said this).

Mike Bibby shot 46% from the field. Josh Smith 42%

Mike Bibby 54% from the three. Josh Smith 13%

Mike Bibby 96% free throw. Josh Smith 73%

Mike Bibby averaged 13.2 ppg. Josh Smith 17.1 ppg

Mike Bibby averaged 2 less minutes per game.

And Why Does Josh Smith ever shoot threes??? 2-15!

Josh Smith gets all his points from assists. He can't create his own shot. His defense was subpar is you truly analaze it.

If you want to talk about steals. This "amazing" player recored 12. Joe had 14, Bibby had 10, Flip had 12, nothing special out of Josh.

If you want to talk about blocks. Josh had 17. Al had 6 and played 10 less minutes PER game. And yes I expect Josh to get much more blocks then anyone else. Josh averaged 1.5 block per game in the playoffs. Nothing special.

He is. I agree. Who was more productive and consistent than Mike Bibby during the playoffs?

Disregard that question. I should have read the rest of the thread. My question has been answered.

• Premium Member

Some of you guys should preface everything you say about Bibby with: "I'm a Mike Bibby fan...."

Some of you guys should preface everything you say about Bibby with: "I'm a Mike Bibby fan...."

You're obviously not one, so who should start for the Hawks at PG next year over Bibby? Why?

• Premium Member
You're obviously not one, so who should start for the Hawks at PG next year over Bibby? Why?

I would have liked to see Acie get a shot but since that's out the window I say go ahead and start Bibby with limited minutes. The most important thing now is to give Teague as much PT as possible so that he can start making an impact sooner.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I would have liked to see Acie get a shot but since that's out the window I say go ahead and start Bibby with limited minutes. The most important thing now is to give Teague as much PT as possible so that he can start making an impact sooner.

If we wouldn't have made the trade for Crawford then I would have liked to have seen Acie do his thing to but I would rather have Crawford any day of the week. Teague will get playing time. Lets hope he wasn't a bust like Acie...

If we wouldn't have made the trade for Crawford then I would have liked to have seen Acie do his thing to but I would rather have Crawford any day of the week. Teague will get playing time. Lets hope he wasn't a bust like Acie...

I don't think people take into consideration the impact Bibby has on these young guys outside of the white lines. People see that he has aged, and lost a step or two, and they want him out. I suppose every player on a team needs to be 23,24 and veterans mean nothing. You need leaders in the huddle, on the court, mentors for the young guys. Players look up to Bibby. Woodson needs him to take control on the court.

After all that, he can still produce! He can still play!

I don't think people take into consideration the impact Bibby has on these young guys outside of the white lines. People see that he has aged, and lost a step or two, and they want him out. I suppose every player on a team needs to be 23,24 and veterans mean nothing. You need leaders in the huddle, on the court, mentors for the young guys. Players look up to Bibby. Woodson needs him to take control on the court.

After all that, he can still produce! He can still play!

Completely agree!

Mike Bibby. One point is he doesn't take stupid shots that he shouldn't take. Another is this (Sry if someone has said this).

Mike Bibby shot 46% from the field. Josh Smith 42%

Close enough when comparing a point guard to a power forward . . .

Mike Bibby 54% from the three. Josh Smith 13%

Irrelevant. Josh took two 3pt shots per game in the first round and only one 3pt shot the entire Conf Semi-Finals . . .

Mike Bibby 96% free throw. Josh Smith 73%

Close enough for a point guard and a power forward. Josh Smith also made bigger free throws in the decisive parts the games. But we're supposed to overlook that, right?

Why is Josh Smith attempting 30 free throws to Bibby's 3 free throws in a full series?

Was it because one was getting to the rim and the other just shot jumpers when we needed him to be more aggressive?

Or was it that one wasn't playing well (especially at the final 3 games in the Conf Semi-Finals) and had to sit on the bench while Flip Murray outplayed him?

Mike Bibby averaged 13.2 ppg. Josh Smith 17.1 ppg

Yep. Josh Smith was our best scorer throughout the entire playoffs . . .

Mike Bibby averaged 2 less minutes per game.

And that's supposed to be a negative on Josh Smith? :laughing5:

And Why Does Josh Smith ever shoot threes??? 2-15!

He took 1.36 per playoff game played. Wow . . . but but he took soooo many!

Josh Smith gets all his points from assists. He can't create his own shot.

So, I suppose he didn't make any moves to the basket? He was the only player not named Flip Murray that did it throughout the entire playoffs . . .

His defense was subpar is you truly analaze it.

Let the hating begin . . .

If you want to talk about steals. This "amazing" player recored 12. Joe had 14, Bibby had 10, Flip had 12, nothing special out of Josh.

You do realize that you're putting a power forward up there with guards who normally get more steals, right? Out of the top 20 steals leaders for the season, only 5 of them were forwards. And all of those played small forward. That's a great number for a power forward in comparison with guards.

If you want to talk about blocks. Josh had 17. Al had 6 and played 10 less minutes PER game. And yes I expect Josh to get much more blocks then anyone else. Josh averaged 1.5 block per game in the playoffs. Nothing special.

:lol6: That 1.54 blocks per game puts Josh at #10 throughout the playoffs, he probably could have done better. But the next best player for the Hawks came in at #36 with .67. I know you expect Josh to get more than anyone; and not our center that you all love so much. Josh Smith's number was virtually the same as during the season, with no drop off. The same cannot be said for Al Horford who got less than half per game than he did throughout the season. Centers normally have more blocks per game than power forwards, except on our team. But that is forgiven because Al Horford is so beloved.

To sum it all up. Josh and Bibby were close in the first series (with a slight edge to Josh in my opinion, since Josh played better than Bibby in 4 of the 7), but Bibby stunk it up big time in the Conf. Semi-Finals, whereas Josh Smith was pretty good . . . so how in the world can Bibby be the best throughout when he failed to show up in the 2nd round?

Edited by YP2K

• Premium Member
Centers normally have more blocks per game than power forwards, except on our team. But that is forgiven because Al Horford is so beloved.

Remember fan is short for fanatic. It's amazing how we'll go out out our way to promote a guy we like and knock a guy we don't. There is little doubt that Josh was the most consistent player on this team if you consider the regular season and playoffs. JJ is my favorite Hawk ever but I'll admit that he was the most inconsistent. Bibby is just Bibby. Every positive he gives on offense is easily offset by his poor defense so any discussion of Bibby has to start there.

Edited by NineOhTheRino