• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby is such a team leader

GameTime

Does noone else remember in the reg. season when Bibby was getting alotta steals off inbound passes for easy layups?

Who besides Joe, do you trust shooting the 3? People talk about Bibby letting us down but the real culprit is MO EVANS! blame him! :no-no:

LOL dude Ty lue? are u serious? that's weak! Both him and anthony had a rookie marvin williams and no Al Horford! they had peeps like Cedric bozeman. I think that guy was in my P.E. class. sorry, i didn't mean to bash your team savior in BIBBY! but according to u they started winning when they got bibby. really? I'm not the biggest hawks fan obviously, but I live in ATL now and I pull for the home team. If you're satisfied with fighting for seed 4 then fine. But deep down you know in this PG driven league now, Bibby won't carry you over cavs, magic, celtics, and yeah you got 47 wins, but other teams will get 47 wins also. It's progression, the hawks aren't the only team. lol I mean what do u have to lose with Teague starting from day 1? Either way with or w/o bibby you won't be the top 3 in the east! You're fighting the teams at the bottom like my Knicks. Let's just be real man

This is the quote I am responding to:

Anyone can skip it up the court, pass and stand waiting for the 3...most anyone on this board can conduct the hawks offense,

I merely pointed out that if anyone could do it, why couldn't Ty Lue and Anthony Johnson?

Mike Bibby won't carry the Hawks, and they aren't asking him to carry them. However, with Mike Bibby, the Hawks aren't going to fall out of the playoffs, which is what they would do if they forced Jeff Teague into the starting line up before he is ready.

• Premium Member
Does noone else remember in the reg. season when Bibby was getting alotta steals off inbound passes for easy layups?

Who besides Joe, do you trust shooting the 3? People talk about Bibby letting us down but the real culprit is MO EVANS! blame him! :no-no:

Welcome to HS.net Adamsville.

All Bibby does is skip the ball up the court and pass it to joe i one of the people also thinking we should let him go Teague/Crawford can easily do the samething but also with the bonus of penatrating and dishing. i mean common crawford average 4.4 assist bibby 5.0 really guys? Its not that hard to play point in woodson offense.

:computer8:

Just because Jamal Crawford averaged the same amount of assists does not mean were going to have the same success as a team. You're NOT factoring intangible qualities like leadership, basketball IQ, etc. You need a voice in the huddle, in the locker room, someone for the young guys to look up to. We went from 37 wins and the playoffs to 47 playoffs/second round with the same team plus Mike Bibby. Things changed the second he got here!!

It blows my mind that people think a rookie and Jamal Crawford can match what Bibby brings to this team!

Just because Jamal Crawford averaged the same amount of assists does not mean were going to have the same success as a team. You're NOT factoring intangible qualities like leadership, basketball IQ, etc. You need a voice in the huddle, in the locker room, someone for the young guys to look up to. We went from 37 wins and the playoffs to 47 playoffs/second round with the same team plus Mike Bibby. Things changed the second he got here!!

It blows my mind that people think a rookie and Jamal Crawford can match what Bibby brings to this team!

very true... chemistry means so much in basketball...even playing in a ymca will teach you that

Excellent post.

If this team has to rely on Jamal to be the starting PG, and we don't have Bibby or another vet PG, we're in trouble. People should please not go by youtube highlight clips to evaulate how good a player can be here.

As for Teague, I hope he is a solid player right away. But also remember that there were 6 PGs taken ahead of him in the draft. If he doesn't play a lot right away, it may not be Woody's fault. It may be because he's not ready to run an NBA team as a rookie

I guess people forgot about the downward spiral we were on (with Johnson and Lue) before we added Mike Bibby. Mike Bibby isn't the ideal point guard, but he's solid and quite frankly the best thing available for our team. You don't get rid of your team leader just because he isn't sprinting from end to end like he's fresh out of college. He's a solid player who does set his teammates up for easy shots, takes care of the ball, and hits key shots. People fail to realize that if we get rid of Bibby for Miller and even Sessions that we would seriously miss Bibby's ability to hit the open shot. All the key shots that Bibby hit to win the game or even change the momentum of a game are forgotten because he can't keep up with the Rondos (a top 3 pg) and Mo Williams (All Star) of the league. Be careful what you wish for..

Excellent post.

If this team has to rely on Jamal to be the starting PG, and we don't have Bibby or another vet PG, we're in trouble. People should please not go by youtube highlight clips to evaulate how good a player can be here.

As for Teague, I hope he is a solid player right away. But also remember that there were 6 PGs taken ahead of him in the draft. If he doesn't play a lot right away, it may not be Woody's fault. It may be because he's not ready to run an NBA team as a rookie

I agree 100%. Let's not put too much pressure on the young fella to step in and deliver right away. if he is ready, by all means put him in. But if he's not, that doesn't mean he's Salim or Acie.

Tegaue was the 6th PG taken in this draft for a reason. There were no Chris Pauls or Deron Williamses in this draft either. The last really deep PG draft I remember was JT's draft and JT was the 4th PG taken. Teague reminds me of JT a LOT and we all saw how much JT struggled as a rookie PG. That said, if we are patient with him, I think he can turn out to be a very good player in this league for a long time (just as JT has).

I just hope he turns out to be more JT than William Avery who was the 5th PG taken in JT's draft. Teague definitely has some skills similar to both JT and Avery so it will be interesting to see which way he goes.

Excellent post.

Yeah, tell that to Gilbert Arenas and Tony Parker

While it is possible, I'll bet you paycheck to paycheck Teague does not have a year anywhere near those two's averages. Not his rookie year anyway. Which is why we NEEDED Bibby back.

You "Hawks" fans are funny (not you Mr. New York as you won't know what I'm talking about). Bibby is arguably a top 3 PG to put on a Hawks uni (absolutely the best in 10 years)and you guys are ripping him apart because he's not the total package. Enjoy a real PG while we have it guys because we rarely get that opportunity.

• Premium Member
While it is possible, I'll bet you paycheck to paycheck Teague does not have a year anywhere near those two's averages. Not his rookie year anyway. Which is why we NEEDED Bibby back.

You "Hawks" fans are funny (not you Mr. New York as you won't know what I'm talking about). Bibby is arguably a top 3 PG to put on a Hawks uni (absolutely the best in 10 years)and you guys are ripping him apart because he's not the total package. Enjoy a real PG while we have it guys because we rarely get that opportunity.

I'm not sure if you want to use these guys as a barometer.

T Lue

Royal Ivey

Anthony Johnson

Speedy Claxton

Jason Terry

He's good but let's not get carried away here.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I'm not sure if you want to use these guys as a barometer.

T Lue

Royal Ivey

Anthony Johnson

Speedy Claxton

Jason Terry

He's good but let's not get carried away here.

Agreed. But they were still our PG's. That reinforces his point, Bibby is a big upgrade.

I agree 100%. Let's not put too much pressure on the young fella to step in and deliver right away. if he is ready, by all means put him in. But if he's not, that doesn't mean he's Salim or Acie.

Tegaue was the 6th PG taken in this draft for a reason. There were no Chris Pauls or Deron Williamses in this draft either. The last really deep PG draft I remember was JT's draft and JT was the 4th PG taken. Teague reminds me of JT a LOT and we all saw how much JT struggled as a rookie PG. That said, if we are patient with him, I think he can turn out to be a very good player in this league for a long time (just as JT has).

I just hope he turns out to be more JT than William Avery who was the 5th PG taken in JT's draft. Teague definitely has some skills similar to both JT and Avery so it will be interesting to see which way he goes.

Once again, I agree with this. Jason Terry is the player that comes to mind the most when I see Jeff Teague play. We can only hope that he becomes another Jason Terry. With that said, will Hawks fans accept Jeff Teague if he does become another Jason Terry? Remember, Hawks fans never focused on the good that Jason Terry did. They only focused on what he couldn't do. As good as Mike Bibby is alongside Joe Johnson, Jason Terry would be the perfect backcourt mate for Joe Johnson. It would allow him to play more off the ball and utilize his tremendous jump shooting ability (#1 2 point FG% in the NBA this past season). What he brings over Bibby is the ability to create his own shot when needed with his ability to penetrate and pull up for the jumper. Had this team been patient with JT, then they would have had their point guard long ago.

Not sure where you're going there buddy...Are you calling me a Hawks guy or what? I'm a Knick fan to the heart and I stand by my squad and I'm a fan of the Teague brothers. We'd be glad to have a nice rookie PG though. And no I wouldn't bet you my hard earned paycheck for ANY rookie playing under Woodson sir to even avg close to those minutes...But good job in getting Bibby for cheap. Hell, he had to settle. No other squad really "NEEDED" him. Now the Hawks NEED is fullfilled I assume. Like I stated before, I live in ATL now, I wanna see playoff basketball, and I will support the home team. Good luck in the 2nd round, maybe

Arenas played for a perennial loser in GS and averaged 11/4/3 as a rookie. Parker averaged 9/4/3 as a rookie while playing with 2 of the greatest big men of all time. Bibby put up 13/7/3 as a rookie in the worst statistical season of his career. You really think Teague is ready to come in and out perform Bibby as a rookie?

Arenas played for a perennial loser in GS and averaged 11/4/3 as a rookie. Parker averaged 9/4/3 as a rookie while playing with 2 of the greatest big men of all time. Bibby put up 13/7/3 as a rookie in the worst statistical season of his career. You really think Teague is ready to come in and out perform Bibby as a rookie?

wow the stat nerds I love'em...I was responding to this quote which is not necessarily always accurate sir

One of those 6 PGs were ridiculously over-hyped and one didn't do anything overseas skipping college. Parker and Arenas were chosen pretty late in the draft, I believe Parker was later than Teague and Arenas was 2nd round...Just because they are late picks or guards ahead of you doesn't have to mean you're not ready to run an NBA team as a rookie. Some come right in and do it, and some can't was the point I was trying to make. I'm a Teague homer never cared for Bibby afte Kings, sorry I have an opinion hate me.

exactly, 1 yr contract, cool but this 3-yr is a joke man! where are the hawks going the next three years? and then the other guy says bibby is great at conducting the offense?? what offense dude? Anyone can skip it up the court, pass and stand waiting for the 3...most anyone on this board can conduct the hawks offense, stop reaching. But I guess...Yeah let Teague watch Bibby/learn for a year. SMH i just don't see this team improving. Bibby is not that dude real talk

:handshake:

EXACYLY!!!!!!