• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who should be the starting center?

NineOhTheRino

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

Still not a sure thing that he'll be a Hawks but it does look promising. Either way I think it would be a great problem to have. Would love to see Al at his natural position but not if it mean fooling around with Josh.

Just think about the different lineups you could try with Smoove, Andersen, Zaza and Horford.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

To keep players happy, Smoove and Horford need to both start. Smoove won't be happy if he is brought off the bench behind Al Horford playing the 4. Putting Al in the bench won't exactly make him happy either. Andersen should know that he isn't expected to be a starter here so just keep him on the bench playing behind Horford, Zaza, and Smoove.

Still not a sure thing that he'll be a Hawks but it does look promising. Either way I think it would be a great problem to have. Would love to see Al at his natural position but not if it mean fooling around with Josh.

Just think about the different lineups you could try with Smoove, Andersen, Zaza and Horford.

So I take by seeing the results of the poll so far, that YOU are the only one that voted for starting Andersen? Could you explain why you would start Andersen over Horford, especially when Horford is by far the best rebounder on the team?

• Premium Member
So I take by seeing the results of the poll so far, that YOU are the only one that voted for starting Andersen? Could you explain why you would start Andersen over Horford, especially when Horford is by far the best rebounder on the team?

Nope. I voted to Keep Al at center. From what I've heard Andersen plays more like a PF anyway. If playing Andersen at the 5 means that you have to screw around with Josh or Al then it's bad move imo.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member
Shoot, how about Lorenzen Wright?

I haven't seen him in a jersey in 3 years. Dude must own like 300 suits.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Keep Zaza and bring Andersen in. Zaza could n't get decent minutes on a big starved team the last two seasons. Why is he so great now that he needs to be paid?

Keep Zaza, bring in Andersen and the front-court minutes look like:

C: Horf 20 / Zaza 16 / Andersen 12

PF: Smoove 17 / Andersen 15 / Horf 10

SF : MW 30 / Smoove 13 / Mo 5

SG: JJ 32 / Craw 12 / Mo 4

PG: Bibby 22 / Craw 18 / Teague 8

That's 9 deep and some minutes for our rook PG. Add a few min contracts and it looks pretty good.

Going after Chandler for Chils and filler could be good too.

Keep Zaza and bring Andersen in. Zaza could n't get decent minutes on a big starved team the last two seasons. Why is he so great now that he needs to be paid?

That's 9 deep and some minutes for our rook PG. Add a few min contracts and it looks pretty good.

Interesting breakdown.

I don't know about giving Andersen 27 min/gm though. If he does get that much PT, then that means Andersen is being a highly efficient player via scoring and rebounding.

Any minutes w/Smoove at SF scares the hell outta me. Smith has to be on the floor 30 min+, so it will be interesting to see how Woody would handle that.

And I hope you're dead wrong about Crawford playing 30 min/gm. Hopefully, his minutes are closer to 24 per game, than 30.

Interesting breakdown nonetheless. I'd be shocked to see Woody try to go 10 deep, if we're fortunate enough to bring everyone back.

Interesting breakdown.

I don't know about giving Andersen 27 min/gm though. If he does get that much PT, then that means Andersen is being a highly efficient player via scoring and rebounding.

Any minutes w/Smoove at SF scares the hell outta me. Smith has to be on the floor 30 min+, so it will be interesting to see how Woody would handle that.

And I hope you're dead wrong about Crawford playing 30 min/gm. Hopefully, his minutes are closer to 24 per game, than 30.

Interesting breakdown nonetheless. I'd be shocked to see Woody try to go 10 deep, if we're fortunate enough to bring everyone back.

It's a nice problem to have, going that deep. I hope Woody gets some advice on how to delegate the minutes. I've always thought Woody struggles in that area. Perhaps it's because our bench has been so thin in the past, and he's been forced to run guys into the ground. Mo Evans getting only 8/9 minutes a game would be a sore spot for him. I'm sure he would let his thoughts be known, he speaks his mind.

It's a nice problem to have, going that deep. I hope Woody gets some advice on how to delegate the minutes. I've always thought Woody struggles in that area. Perhaps it's because our bench has been so thin in the past, and he's been forced to run guys into the ground. Mo Evans getting only 8/9 minutes a game would be a sore spot for him. I'm sure he would let his thoughts be known, he speaks his mind.

Injuries or playing really well would earn Mo mo minutes.

There is absolutely no way on Earth that Bibby will only get 22 minutes. I seriously doubt that Crawford will get anywhere near 30 minutes if Bibby is around so you're probably going to have to swap their minute totals.

if andersen was able to be the starting center for us this year, then he certainly would've been a strong enough player to be a primary backup to have signed him to the team in any of the previous seasons. no way he starts without at least proving himself over half the season. he's been playing pro ball for years, but he's still a rookie in the nba and we don't need a rookie as the starting center on this team. i'd start horford and zaza over him til he's proven his chops. hopefully we get lucky enough that he plays so well for us that it becomes a serious debate in the future.

if andersen was able to be the starting center for us this year, then he certainly would've been a strong enough player to be a primary backup to have signed him to the team in any of the previous seasons. no way he starts without at least proving himself over half the season. he's been playing pro ball for years, but he's still a rookie in the nba and we don't need a rookie as the starting center on this team. i'd start horford and zaza over him til he's proven his chops. hopefully we get lucky enough that he plays so well for us that it becomes a serious debate in the future.

I agree 100%. I will add that I think your philosophy extends past the center position as well. Like PG.

This was the minute breakdown from last season for the top 8 minute getters on the team:

1. Joe Johnson - 79 G, 3124 MIN, 39.5 MPG

2. Mike Bibby - 79 G, 2740 MIN, 34.7 MPG

3. Josh Smith - 69 G, 2421 MIN, 35.1 MPG

4. Al Horford - 67 G, 2242 MIN, 33.5 MPG

5. Marvin Williams - 61 G, 2093 MIN, 34.3 MPG

6. Flip Murray - 80 G, 1975 MIN, 24.7 MPG

7. Mo Evans - 80 G, 1840 MIN, 23.0 MPG

8. Zaza Pachulia - 77 G, 1473 MIN, 19.1 MPG

I would prefer a breakdown similar to this one as a basis: (of course includes hope of re-signing Flip)

C: Horf 24 / Zaza 20 / Andersen 4

PF: Smoove 32 / Andersen 12 / Horf-Marvin 4

SF : Joe 28 / Marvin 16 / Mo 4

SG: Craw 24 / Flip 14 / Joe-Mo-Mario 10

PG: Bibby 30 / Teague 10 / Craw-Flip-Mario 8

I would prefer a breakdown similar to this one as a basis: (of course includes hope of re-signing Flip)

C: Horf 24 / Zaza 20 / Andersen 4

PF: Smoove 32 / Andersen 12 / Horf-Marvin 4

SF : Joe 28 / Marvin 16 / Mo 4

SG: Craw 24 / Flip 14 / Joe-Mo-Mario 10

PG: Bibby 30 / Teague 10 / Craw-Flip-Mario 8

I'm guessing Marvin may play more than 18 minutes a game if we bring him back. Not a fan of Marv?