• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby signs! 3yrs/18mil - per AJC

ryandauwalker

Wow.

If he averages 17 - 19 ppg, that means that he'll take the 2nd most shots on the team, next to JJ. Not good for us at all. I think he only gets to that point total, if Marvin isn't re-signed.

If Woody can make Crawford an efficient player here, he should silence his critics. Maybe JC's presence will enable the Hawks to score 106+ ppg. Maybe the "GO Joe!" offense will become the "Woodson Express/Blue Streak" offense.

The guy is a career 40% FG shooter though, so 43% might be pushing it. I'd love to see him average 13 ppg on 45%+ shooting.

I think two things here. First, you know going in that Mike Woodson is going to trust Jamal Crawford with his scoring, probably enough that he will finally ease some minutes off Joe Johnson. Second, you know going in that Mike Woodson probably isn't going to increase Marvin's role within the offense despite the fact that he has shown he can handle an increase role, even if it is a small sample size. With that, you know Marvin will be content to play his role as a perimeter jump shooter, occasional driver, and defender on the perimeter.

Nobody was a more inefficient chucker than Flip before he came here. This from Hollinger..

This past season was the first time Flips TS% has been over 50%. In contrast Crawford's TS% hasn't been below 50% since his second season in spite of playing on poor teams that didn't exactly discourage chucking.

Crawford also takes far better care of the ball than Flip. During the last two seasons Crawfords turnover ratio has been 8.9 and 9.2. Flip's was 10.8 last year which was his best ever.

Which is why I said Last Season is the operative phrase. Mike Woodson got more out of Flip Murray than anyone could have expected. If Mike Woodson can make Jamal as efficient as Flip was last season, then we have a hell of a player on our hands.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
And that is what is going to potentially kill us.

You better check those shooting stats again, when you talk about JC being the far better jumpshooter. Flip shot better from both 2 point and 3 point range last year.

This is exactly why I created the Northcyde Jump Shot Index. To prevent lies like these from being told.

Who is the more efficient scorer? Look at the last five years. It is ridiculous to even debate this since Crawford was more efficient even in Flip's outlier career season.

2008-09 JC .545 TS% > Flip .543 TS%

2007-08 JC .528 TS% > Flip .483 TS%

2006-07 JC .517 TS% > Flip .474 TS%

2005-06 JC .544 TS% > Flip .487 TS%

2004-05 JC .521 TS% > Flip .433 TS%

Mike Woodson got more out of Flip Murray than anyone could have expected. If Mike Woodson can make Jamal as efficient as Flip was last season, then we have a hell of a player on our hands.

How? By giving Flip the green light EVERY time? By letting Flip know that no matter how bad of a game he has he can shoot it till his hands bleed and he won't get pulled? By letting him know that Acie is one TO away from Flip getting back in and shooting till he gets hot? Don't give Woody too much Credit for Flips year. All he did was what he should have done with Acie and that is to let him play with some freedom. The rest was on Flip.

A lot of posters sure are looking like chicken little's on this board. After the Crawford trade, there were a lot of posters freaking out and calling Sund a moron. There were many posters overreacting and saying we wouldn't bring back Bibby and how we wouldn't make this Crawford trade and not make Crawford the starting PG. Then posters berated Crawford as a player.

Its just funny how much this board overreacts to things instead of taking a calm approach to a situation. I don't think any reasonable poster would now have beef with Crawford as an upgrade from Flip aside from maybe money concerns.

Dude, what are you talking about? it has nothing to with people overreacting. It's just people doing on this site what this site is meant for... sharing personal opinions with others to open discussions. I think your the one looking like chicken little for taking things you read on this site so personal!

Big ups to bibby 4 actually showing that he wants to be here becuz he could've easily gotten more money somewhere else!