• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby signs! 3yrs/18mil - per AJC

ryandauwalker

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
Sounds good to me. So as of now what do y'all think of this starting five.

PG Bibby

SG Crawford

SF JJ

PF Smith

C Horford

I think that backcourt is a defensive liability and that we are short and poor at rebounding at virtually every position.

I vastly prefer playing that lineup for short periods of time and going with a base rotation of:

PG Bibby/Crawford/Teague

SG JJ/Crawford

SF Marvin/JJ/Mo

PF Smith/DA/Horf

C Horford/Zaza/DA

Sounds good to me. So as of now what do y'all think of this starting five.

PG Bibby

SG Crawford

SF JJ

PF Smith

C Horford

too small on D in all 5 positions. JJ at 2 and Marv at 3 gives us size advantages. Crawford occasionally at 1 also gives us size advantage. AT 2, he is weak against strong SGs (according to Isiah).

"I think that backcourt is a defensive liability and that we are short and poor at rebounding at virtually every position.

I vastly prefer playing that lineup for short periods of time and going with a base rotation of:

PG Bibby/Crawford/Teague

SG JJ/Crawford

SF Marvin/JJ/Mo

PF Smith/DA/Horf

C Horford/Zaza/DA "

That's my opening day roster as well; with a couple of league mins added in.

• Premium Member
"I think that backcourt is a defensive liability and that we are short and poor at rebounding at virtually every position.

PG Bibby/Crawford/Teague

SG JJ/Crawford

SF Marvin/JJ/Mo

PF Smith/DA/Horf

C Horford/Zaza/DA "

That's my opening day roster as well; with a couple of league mins added in.

Never though I'd see the day when Woody would be going 9 deep. I think it's called Quality Depth gentlemen and the Hawks finally have it. Now if Sund can just turn Chillz situation into a positive then the Hawks may start the season with on of the best rotations (on paper) in the NBA.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

More jumpshooting will equal more L's this year. You can count on it.

Y DON'T U JUST FIND A TEAM U LIKE! I mean seriously dude spending your time hating, bashing, and critisizing a team everyday of the week just doesn't make sense. There are 20 something other teams u can choose from and become a fan of because cleary u are not one of the hawks fan. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and yes the hawks organization and players have made some decisions to make u scratch your head but I still like this team. I bet there r plenty of peopleout there who live in cities with losing teams that would love to have our team, so dude chill. I just had 2 get that off my chest spending all your time and energy to hate on the hawks is just CRAZY!!! :angry22:

• Premium Member
Damn with that big paycut I bet I get laid off from Team Dime.

Team Dime still stinkin' rich from that last contract.

Marvin will sign the QO and play out his contract, becoming an UFA next season.

The money just isn't out there right now. Nice job by Sund to not overpay.

And Bibby obviously wanted to come back here. He could have gotten about 5 million somewhere else in all likelyhood.

Marvin will sign the QO and play out his contract, becoming an UFA next season.

The money just isn't out there right now. Nice job by Sund to not overpay.

And Bibby obviously wanted to come back here. He could have gotten about 5 million somewhere else in all likelyhood.

I wouldn't count on Marvin signing the QO. He doesn't strike me as a guy who cares about signing a huge deal and he's not likely to increase his value that much in the next year compared to what it is now. I see him as being a guy that would rather have the stability of a long term contract in place and therefore I expect he'll sign a new deal sometime in the near future and hopefully it's with us or at least we match it.

Y DON'T U JUST FIND A TEAM U LIKE! I mean seriously dude spending your time hating, bashing, and critisizing a team everyday of the week just doesn't make sense. There are 20 something other teams u can choose from and become a fan of because cleary u are not one of the hawks fan. Everybody is entitled to their opinion and yes the hawks organization and players have made some decisions to make u scratch your head but I still like this team. I bet there r plenty of peopleout there who live in cities with losing teams that would love to have our team, so dude chill. I just had 2 get that off my chest spending all your time and energy to hate on the hawks is just CRAZY!!! :angry22:

Very nicely put... Don't you think so Dolfan?

I wouldn't count on Marvin signing the QO. He doesn't strike me as a guy who cares about signing a huge deal and he's not likely to increase his value that much in the next year compared to what it is now. I see him as being a guy that would rather have the stability of a long term contract in place and therefore I expect he'll sign a new deal sometime in the near future and hopefully it's with us or at least we match it.

I agree on Marv. I think something in the 5 yr/$40M-$45M range gets it done. They could even be creative and go 6 yrs/$48M-$54M) with a player option after year 3. If I'm Marv's agent, I think that is the way I go. That way, he's covered if he blows up or if he stays just the way he is.

Edited by Traceman