• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby signs! 3yrs/18mil - per AJC

ryandauwalker

Absolutely. Great signing and I am very happy to have a real PG on the roster! Crawford for 6th man of the year!

Terrific move. The key is the word "real", "natural" PG on the roster. With the progress we've made with Bibby, I was nervous handing the duties over to a rook or Crawford.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
If we resign Marvin, Zaza and David Andersen then this is mission accomplished as far as I am concerned.

If it is a choice between DA and S&T for Bowen/2nd then I am letting Chillz walk.

David Andersen?

The last thing we need is a soft jump shooting PF.

What we should do is simply Sign Chillz and wait on a deal for him.

Andersen's is a fallback if we can't resign Zaza. IF we resign Zaza, we don't need him. Our money is better spent going after a FA Big. I'd rather spend the roster space on Old man Jeff Foster.

5 years 45 is certainly a deal that would make me happy with Marvin.

WOW - Sund is VERY close to putting something together this summer-

WHAT!!!!!!

9 Million for Marvin ?

:computer8:

• Moderators
If there were teams out there with caproom Marvin would get a 5 year 45 million dollar offer for the Hawks to match.

Probably, but he did have a real back issue this year along with less than stellar productivity when healthy. That does create some real risk despite his young age. No one wants to pay for a chronic problem.

David Andersen?

The last thing we need is a soft jump shooting PF.

What we should do is simply Sign Chillz and wait on a deal for him.

Andersen's is a fallback if we can't resign Zaza. IF we resign Zaza, we don't need him. Our money is better spent going after a FA Big. I'd rather spend the roster space on Old man Jeff Foster.

WHAT!!!!!!

9 Million for Marvin ?

:computer8:

Nonsense!

The Hawks can definitely use a player who fits the profile of David Andersen, who can hit jump shots and has some athleticism. The Hawks need a pick and pop big man to give them some pick and roll potential on their offense. None of the Hawks current big men have the ability to be much of a threat from 18 feet.

And $45 million over 5 years would be a bargain for Marvin. He does everything well on the court and is the most coachable player on this team. He's the most underappreciated player on this team, and I'd let Josh Smith go before I let Marvin go.

Nonsense!

The Hawks can definitely use a player who fits the profile of David Andersen, who can hit jump shots and has some athleticism. The Hawks need a pick and pop big man to give them some pick and roll potential on their offense. None of the Hawks current big men have the ability to be much of a threat from 18 feet.

And $45 million over 5 years would be a bargain for Marvin. He does everything well on the court and is the most coachable player on this team. He's the most underappreciated player on this team, and I'd let Josh Smith go before I let Marvin go.

Bold statement. Especially the last 10 words.

Diesel is ready to pop....

Nonsense!

I'm going to predict that Marvin can't sniff $9M per in this market. If he wants a long term deal, it won't be for more than $8M per, possibly less. 5/35 is what I would ideally want.

Flip Murray got into the lane a lot last season, and that's going to be the big difference between he and Jamal Crawford. Jamal is by far the better jump shooter though.

And that is what is going to potentially kill us.

You better check those shooting stats again, when you talk about JC being the far better jumpshooter. Flip shot better from both 2 point and 3 point range last year.

This is exactly why I created the Northcyde Jump Shot Index. To prevent lies like these from being told.

And that is what is going to potentially kill us.

You better check those shooting stats again, when you talk about JC being the far better jumpshooter. Flip shot better from both 2 point and 3 point range last year.

This is exactly why I created the Northcyde Jump Shot Index. To prevent lies like these from being told.

Last year being the operative phrase there. Flip had a career year with his shooting last season, and he doesn't take as many jumpers as someone like Jamal Crawford does.

I think that backcourt is a defensive liability and that we are short and poor at rebounding at virtually every position.

I vastly prefer playing that lineup for short periods of time and going with a base rotation of:

PG Bibby/Crawford/Teague

SG JJ/Crawford

SF Marvin/JJ/Mo

PF Smith/DA/Horf

C Horford/Zaza/DA

Correctly stated.

I only want to see that Bibby - JC - JJ lineup in the game, if we're down 10+ pts, and we need a few 3s to get us back into a game.

No sense in having 2 defensive liabilities in the game for long stretches.

Signing Marvin should be Sund's top priority right now.

As for the Bibby trade . . . thank you. 3 yrs for 18 mil is very reasonable, considering all he's done here so far. And contrary to poular belief, Bibby was our best player in the playoffs last year.

Correctly stated.

I only want to see that Bibby - JC - JJ lineup in the game, if we're down 10+ pts, and we need a few 3s to get us back into a game.

No sense in having 2 defensive liabilities in the game for long stretches.

Signing Marvin should be Sund's top priority right now.

As for the Bibby trade . . . thank you. 3 yrs for 18 mil is very reasonable, considering all he's done here so far. And contrary to poular belief, Bibby was our best player in the playoffs last year.

Oh man another bold statement. Pray Smoove fans overlook this thread entirely. Don't want another flame war like the other one.

Last year being the operative phrase there. Flip had a career year with his shooting last season, and he doesn't take as many jumpers as someone like Jamal Crawford does.

And that's a good thing he doesn't.

Shot selection . . check that . . HORRIBLE shot selection is what Crawford is known throughout the league for.

KB, you know your NBA basketball, and you watch other teams outside of the Hawks. So let me ask you a question.

What do you honestly think JC will do next year with the Hawks, shooting wise?

- give his overall FG%

- give his 3FG%

- and how many ppg will he score?

If you put Bibby and Crawford in together how are you going to hide two back court players that play 35-40 mpg? Bibby if not the worst defender at his position, he's bottom two and so is Crawford at 2 guard.

It's just putting immense pressure on Al and Josh when they need a good first line of defense when they have bigger and taller players to worry about as is.

Lebron and players like Devon Harris will have career games.

And that's a good thing he doesn't.

Shot selection . . check that . . HORRIBLE shot selection is what Crawford is known throughout the league for.

KB, you know your NBA basketball, and you watch other teams outside of the Hawks. So let me ask you a question.

What do you honestly think JC will do next year with the Hawks, shooting wise?

- give his overall FG%

- give his 3FG%

- and how many ppg will he score?

My guess is, 42-43% overall FG%, 35-36 3FG%, and 17-19 PPG.

My guess is, 42-43% overall FG%, 35-36 3FG%, and 17-19 PPG.

Wow.

If he averages 17 - 19 ppg, that means that he'll take the 2nd most shots on the team, next to JJ. Not good for us at all. I think he only gets to that point total, if Marvin isn't re-signed.

If Woody can make Crawford an efficient player here, he should silence his critics. Maybe JC's presence will enable the Hawks to score 106+ ppg. Maybe the "GO Joe!" offense will become the "Woodson Express/Blue Streak" offense.

The guy is a career 40% FG shooter though, so 43% might be pushing it. I'd love to see him average 13 ppg on 45%+ shooting.

Wow.

If he averages 17 - 19 ppg, that means that he'll take the 2nd most shots on the team, next to JJ. Not good for us at all. I think he only gets to that point total, if Marvin isn't re-signed.

If Woody can make Crawford an efficient player here, he should silence his critics. Maybe JC's presence will enable the Hawks to score 106+ ppg. Maybe the "GO Joe!" offense will become the "Woodson Express/Blue Streak" offense.

The guy is a career 40% FG shooter though, so 43% might be pushing it. I'd love to see him average 13 ppg on 45%+ shooting.

Nobody was a more inefficient chucker than Flip before he came here. This from Hollinger..

2007-08 season: OK, here's a quick test. I'll give you nine names, and you tell me which one doesn't belong. Ready? Here they are: Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Baron Davis, Allen Iverson, Flip Murray, Carmelo Anthony, Dirk Nowitzki, LeBron James and Joe Johnson.

Tough one, huh? Murray isn't an All-Star like those other eight players, but he jacks up shots like one -- those eight other gentlemen were the league's only players to have a higher usage rate last season.

Unfortunately, he's far less efficient with the possessions he uses. Murray ranked in the bottom quarter of the league's point guards in TS%, assist ratio and turnover ratio; in other words, few were better at manufacturing empty trips.

This past season was the first time Flips TS% has been over 50%. In contrast Crawford's TS% hasn't been below 50% since his second season in spite of playing on poor teams that didn't exactly discourage chucking.

Crawford also takes far better care of the ball than Flip. During the last two seasons Crawfords turnover ratio has been 8.9 and 9.2. Flip's was 10.8 last year which was his best ever.